GDT: #41| Capitals at FLYERS | Thu., Jan. 8, 2015 | 7:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nvxs07

Aug 1, 2014
I am assuming he starts as long as he warms up okay. It's hard to tell with our beats.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Yea, pretty sure that means he is the starter.

Berube says MacDonald is out and Schenn is in due to the large size of the Caps forwards.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
What do fans want? This team doesn't have a chance really in making the playoffs. We could can Berube and pick up a coach who is available now and probably make the team play fundamentally better. Then we would have people complaining about the team winning "meaningless" games and hurting their draft position.

Or we could sit with Berube as the coach and wait till the off season where it seems like it's a sure thing he will be canned/not extended(I was pretty sure Panotch said his contract was two years). Yes the team will play bad but they will not improve like they would under a team with a new system and structure. I am willing to let Berube continue his trash and wait till a coach like Babcock/Todd M/ or another highly regarded NHL coach loses their spot because of playoff failures or contract negotiations.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Not knocking the decision to take MacDonald out of the lineup....because he sucks. But to do it based off of size? It's not like the guy is Nathan Gerbe. He isn't a first year rookie trying to gain experience.

The guy is a veteran nhl defenseman making way to much money, if he cant play consistantly in the lineup night in and night out because he didn't eat as much pizza as luke schenn than get him the hell out of here. **** or get off the pot.

If Berube wants to continue to be a size queen and play matchups, why not drop MacDonald and just use Carlo Avocados who is rotting on the bench when you want someone a bit faster than Schenn.

Last edited:

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Not knocking the decision to take MacDonald out of the lineup....because he sucks. But to do it based off of size? It's not like the guy is Nathan Gerbe. He isn't a first year rookie trying to gain experience.

The guy is a veteran nhl defenseman making way to much money, if he cant play consistantly in the lineup night in and night out because he didn't eat as much pizza as luke schenn than get him the hell out of here. **** or get off the pot.

If Berube wants to continue to be a size queen and play matchups, why not drop MacDonald and just use Carlo Avocados who is rotting on the bench when you want someone a bit faster than Schenn.

That would be 8.6M combined in healthy scratches as far as defense is concerned. Neither Berube nor Hextall would get over that drama. There is too much politics involved,the media would go full Pejorative Slur mode, and the Flyers would instantly lose whatever leverage they have left in possibly moving those players.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

Carlo Avocados

sounds like someone's user name here

Nvxs07

Aug 1, 2014
Think can beat them? A lot of the caps fans are saying its going to be a blow out. I hope we stick it to them like the home/home series like last year.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Think can beat them? A lot of the caps fans are saying its going to be a blow out. I hope we stick it to them like the home/home series like last year.

There's only 2 teams I want to beat this year...the Pens and the Caps. Don't even care if they lose every other game.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Every other fanbase that's talked about it being a blowout has lost so far.

I really don't care though, all I want is points for G and Jake.

Nvxs07

Aug 1, 2014
Every other fanbase that's talked about it being a blowout has lost so far.

I really don't care though, all I want is points for G and Jake.

I have Raffl on fantasy, so points for him would be nice.

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
"size"...

:shakehead

i think if Berube could clone Grossmann he would run an entire defense made of him

I hate Berubes obsession with big clueless defensemen. Good thing he got Gus out of here.

****ing cement head

Woo Hoo, MacDavid here we come. LTIR Mason until next year and it will be a lock! :yo:

I would actually be ok with that. No use rushing Mason back into the lineup with an injured back. Team is going nowhere. Protect an asset.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Yet Grossmann is still allowed to play...

Despite his limitations as a defense-man, he does play within his limits and is pretty reliable.

McDonald, while being mobile, isnt very good at moving the puck. Grossmann is also the better at playing defense.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Starters: Mason, Coburn-Schultz, Umberger-Couturier-Read

Starting goalies: Mason vs. Holtby

Non-IR scratches: MacDonald, Colaiacovo, Rinaldo

Referees: Chris Lee #28 and Ghislain Hebert #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad