Post-Game Talk (GBU): 41 + 61 = 0

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Not sure why the pro-tankers are hard on Meszaros and Benoit. They are the keys to the McEichel promise land.

If there is one thing we lack in our system, it's a big time pp QB. I wonder if Murray will look to target one with all of our assets come the offseason.
If we finish 3rd Hanifin will be that guy.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
@BuffaloSabres

Zadorov & Ristolainen led the #Sabres in ice time (25:52 & 23:30). No goals were scored against when they were on the ice. #WPGvsBUF

That's extremely impressive. They may be our top pairing one day allowing Myers to feast on easier match ups.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Gorges-Myers
Zadorov-Ristolainen
Weber-Pysyk
Meszaros

Strachan, Benoit in Rochester

I don't care about how Benoit is "good for the tank" or what not, there's a limit on how bad you can play, and he's reached it. Mess hasn't been much better, but with his salary it seems likely to keep him as the #7.

Bps21*

Pysyk hasn't been good in Rochester. Neither has McCabe. Bringing either up now sends a bad message and is likely bad for their development.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
@BillHoppeNHL: Andrej Meszaros admits he probably should've gone after Lowry, said he didn't want to get a penalty.

LOL

Absolutely worthless. Get the **** off my team with that attitude.

He's living up to the lowest possible expectations I had for him, perhaps even exceeding them.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
I asked a similar question recently in another thread. Apparently Pysyk wasn't playing to his best ability in the preseason. Personally, I think he would've been called up if the Zadorov situation hadn't messed up the D-core line-ups. As it stands, I think Murray will keep his tank commanders up unless it becomes blatantly obvious that Benoit/Mez are revving the tank a little too hard.
Pysyk was hurt in the first preseason game, and missed all preseason. Whether he and McCabe are playing well is an issue, but more important is the consideration of whether they are better served playing first pairing minutes in AHL or 3rd pairing minutes in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad