Post-Game Talk: 40 Shots Against for the 11th time this Season. 5-1 Loss to Winnipeg

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
B6eQtLECcAAYL_k.jpg

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
I wonder if the league tracks how many jerseys are thrown on the ice?

I bet the leafs lead that stat. :laugh:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The kind of performance a team gets gutted for and the coach fired.

No excuse for a performance like that. Team injured or not.

Just pathetic.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If I wasnt a fan of this team id say there is something wrong with the players this team is built around.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wish someone would go and bloody Phil in a fight in practice a la Craig Adams on Evgeni Malkin.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Another gutless effort. I don't think anyone played well. It was made worse by the knuckleheads on the broadcast.

A team without their top 4 D play with so much more structure than any line of our's tonight. The defense is a mess, most forwards are useless, no one has intensity.

I don't expect anything to be done, and I'm not sure I want any change at this point. Just let it burn down and draft high. I wish we could loan players out for a few months then get them back next season, kind of like in soccer.

ChickenMcNugget

Jun 20, 2014
Ontario, CA
simply outplayed in every area of the game. bad turnovers, nothing riemer could've done honestly.

The MTS is an incredibly loud place though, damn.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Jets fans are weird.

I think I heard "Leafs Suck" more than "Go Jets Go." There's no rivalry between us. Also don't get the point of chanting Reimer's name with 15 seconds left in a 5-1 game. I sort of feel bad for Reimer. The Leafs were pitiful.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Really crappy to be a Leaf fan!

Can't express myself on here either.

So angry!!!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Daisy, this team is unpredictable. Remember last year? California trip was supposed to kill us. Well we beat 2/3 and then the wheels fell off.

I see the same thing happening. They will "wake" up for a while, win 3 of those 4 games, everyone will be happy again and then they will go on another losing streak.

Team needs to trade Kessel, Phaneuf, waive Clarkson, trade Lupul, Bozak, Franson, Gardiner etc.

Get rid of all the players not willing to give a 100% or ones that can't be signed.

Then go ahead with Nazem Kadri as the #1C, Santorelli as the 2nd line C, Willy as the 3rd line C.

The only players I see giving a nightly effort: both goalies, Santorelli, Komarov, Kadri, Winnik, Booth. Rest can just go **** off.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Don't give me the 5 of 7 games and b2b. This was not an NHL level effort.

The coach look on the bench says it all. He has no answers and it is time to move on.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Jets fans are weird.

I think I heard "Leafs Suck" more than "Go Jets Go." There's no rivalry between us. Also don't get the point of chanting Reimer's name with 15 seconds left in a 5-1 game. I sort of feel bad for Reimer. The Leafs were pitiful.

I think it was the Leafs fans cheering that we suck. Cause we suck.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Jets fans are weird.

Dont worry about it. At the end of the game, they still exit the arena to being in Winnipeg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad