Post-Game Talk: 40 Shots Against for the 11th time this Season. 5-1 Loss to Winnipeg

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Was at the game, and it was horrible. I just finish watching the game on TV as I taped it.

TV made the game look more competitive....Clarkson lost his mind on the bench last night and was so mad about the lack of effort. I was right behind the Leaf bench and actually felt sorry for Carlyle....which is funny as I dislike him as a coach.

Kessel removed all doubt for me tonight.....he has to go. He is a BS player who cares only about his stats.

Bozak bails on so made hits that it is laughable that he is not mentioned at all as being a kity cat!

Leo took health runs at Big Buff all night long and Rielly hit him as well. Dion avoided him and choose smaller targets. Holzer was prepared to take on all comers last night, and deserves his spot in the lineup.

There is something to the rumor of Clarkson and Dion getting into arguments last year...it was very apparent on the bench last night. Dion does not have the respect of his team mates and anyone who watches the games close to the bench at the ACC should be able to see the same thing as I did. All that Dion does is yell and blame others....he has to go as well.

The chanting of Leafs suck was the Jets fans...I did see some Leaf fans take of their Jerseys at the game...
My respect for Clarkson has went way up.....the man hates the way some of his team mates play!

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
Was at the game, and it was horrible. I just finish watching the game on TV as I taped it.

TV made the game look more competitive....Clarkson lost his mind on the bench last night and was so mad about the lack of effort. I was right behind the Leaf bench and actually felt sorry for Carlyle....which is funny as I dislike him as a coach.

Kessel removed all doubt for me tonight.....he has to go. He is a BS player who cares only about his stats.

Bozak bails on so made hits that it is laughable that he is not mentioned at all as being a kity cat!

Leo took health runs at Big Buff all night long and Rielly hit him as well. Dion avoided him and choose smaller targets. Holzer was prepared to take on all comers last night, and deserves his spot in the lineup.

There is something to the rumor of Clarkson and Dion getting into arguments last year...it was very apparent on the bench last night. Dion does not have the respect of his team mates and anyone who watches the games close to the bench at the ACC should be able to see the same thing as I did. All that Dion does is yell and blame others....he has to go as well.

The chanting of Leafs suck was the Jets fans...I did see some Leaf fans take of their Jerseys at the game...
My respect for Clarkson has went way up.....the man hates the way some of his team mates play!

:laugh: So what if he makes a bit more of an effort, hes still useless.

CrashBartley

Nov 19, 2014
I'd actually be interested to see how the Leafs stack up schedule-wise against the rest of the league (I'm not doing the leg work for it).

Back-to-backs vs. tired teams, vs. rested teams, 3in4s, 5in7s, back-to-backs less than 24 hours apart, etc..
Compare their schedule to ANY of the Western teams, Arizona LA, SJ, Van, Anaheim, Calgary, Edmonton and you'll see it's not that tough a schedule.
http://www.thinglink.com/scene/555882469295915008

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Really eh. That's the proper thing for Clarkson to do
, good for him. Here is a funny one. Ashton had Zero hits. Just can't even bear to think that a marginal player like him feels like he can get away with that. I think its that he just doesn't care.

Something is sour on this group big time. I usually take a stay calm approach with things in most posts on here but hey!

This **** has to stop and firing the G.M. the coach and trading off all the no hitters in the lineup has to be pulled off right away. So the players need to be traded,coaches and gm fired.

That's quite the jump in philosophy for me actually.

We should start putting values on players that are not part of a good hockey system and moving them out. Dion can go and Kessel for starters. Deal them two and start from there.

I am not mad either. Entirely out of patience and disappointed more like it.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013

Thanks, good post.

This is probably anecdotal story #156 I've read or heard from "friends of friends" about Dion, all with the same characteristics going back from before he was even a Leaf. Either there is a massive conspiracy out to drag him through the mud for some unknown reason or the shoe fits.

Good to hear Clarkson has heart but if the team doesn't respect a blow hard arrogant captain, what are the odds they respect a lottery winner who can't even skate?

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012

Wow, nice post. Seems most of this we all see on TV but the yelling on the bench and the dodging hits, etc. is what we sometimes miss.

Seems this team should look at a major shakeup - embrace the fact that the only way to be successful is to properly rebuild. Look at giving Rielly the C and building around Kadri, Rielly, Nylander, Bernier and a top 5 pick in this draft

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
That's nice that Clarkson is upset. We found his role!

trade skates for Pom Poms.

He has no right to criticize anyone with the way he plays. You just look stupid trying to "lead" when you're a bigger liability than those you're yelling at. Same goes for Dion.

And that is the biggest problem with the team. There's animosity everywhere

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Not sure if I should laugh, cry or do both at the same time:

That is 4/5 of our starting line up every single game.

Pathetic.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I think what you were hearing were Leafs fans chanting. At one point when the score was close early in the second period there was a loud "go Leafs go" chant...then as the game completely fell apart those same fans then decided to chant "Leafs Suck".

Reimer must want out and it's possible Bernier may be thinking perhaps life may be better elsewhere....he's going to hold a gun to the Leafs head in his next contract negotiations and we will overpay :(

I was at the game and none of this is accurate. I can assure you it was not the Leafs fans chanting much of anything after the 1-1 goal. It was a fun atmosphere. There was a Go Leafs Go chant and two Leafs Suck chants. Reimer got it the worst, but most goalies do in MTS.

Not like you wanted to hear from me anyway.

Edit: Was actually very impressed with Komarov last night. Guy was pretty much alone in giving it his all. Bit of a mouth piece but an effective player. Reminds me of Burrows a lot.

SweLeafsFan

Jun 30, 2009
Sweden
Not only did we lose but Glenn Healy's constant hating on the Leafs is extremely annoying, too bad one has to start muting hockey games.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Not only did we lose but Glenn Healy's constant hating on the Leafs is extremely annoying, too bad one has to start muting hockey games.

You can't really blame him for it. Leafs suck and he's merely stating the fact that all of us know already.

If the Leafs really cared about what Healy says, they would shut his trap by playing better. They really don't care though.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Does that site record any of the stats I asked for, or just miles travelled?

Come on, man, don't even try to start using the schedule as an excuse as to why this team performs like it does. This team is just not very good. So if they had a better schedule, they would be a top team?

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
I wish I had a work schedule like that. BTW, those clowns sure have some awful Fenwick and Corsi stats too. I wish we had those stats before Nonis handed out those multi-million-dollar no trade/movement contracts.

Last edited:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Come on, man, don't even try to start using the schedule as an excuse as to why this team performs like it does. This team is just not very good. So if they had a better schedule, they would be a top team?
No, they wouldn't, but good job jumping to a conclusion.

With the Leafs being an average at best team, a bad schedule will make things even worse. Or do you think things like back to backs, 4in7s, etc.. don't make a difference? That does assume there schedule is worse than others though, which it may not be. I expect teams who are locked to HNIC and other national broadcasts will have a worse schedule than most of the NHL.

Last edited:

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
Not sure if I should laugh, cry or do both at the same time:

That is 4/5 of our starting line up every single game.

Pathetic.

Clearly, its Kessel's fault that Bozak is on that list.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Oddly that was likely the same temperature in Leafs dressing room after the game yesterday.

The wind chill coming for Leafs management. :sarcasm:

I wonder if it was that warm! Fourth liners finished the game for us with ZERO hits lol. That's just unreal. Bullied all night and they looked scared to go get a puck for alot of players. We need a tougher team.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad