Post-Game Talk: 40 Shots Against for the 11th time this Season. 5-1 Loss to Winnipeg

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Not sure if I should laugh, cry or do both at the same time:

That is 4/5 of our starting line up every single game.

Pathetic.

and how many of whatever players there are have outscored, Phil JvR and Bozak

let's find more ways to whip the Leafs

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I've been tracking the little things over the last 20 games, things that can impede a teams progress, little momentum changers, subtle things

last nights game was the most unprofessional gong show of officiating I've seen in a very long time, and astonishingly so that even the commentators seemed embarrassed........

7 Leafs tossed from the circle, no Jets(this has been going on at roughly the same ratio for 2 years) the man coming in faces delay of game if he gets tossed and therefore you can pretty much chalk up an easy win for the opposition

last night alone there were 9 zone entries by the Leafs where the referee was erroneously(accidentally om purpose, one supposes) positioned in the attack corner tight to the boards causing 5 possession losses. It happens all the time I know, but only twice was this mistake made on Jet rushes, both times the referee hustled to the goal line in order to be less disruptive which is what is supposed to be done so as not to impede the players or puck movement. What the referee is actually supposed to do is to retreat to the opposite corner as per the way the NHL mandates officials positioning.

Boz's interference was no worse then the 2 hander he took on the lower calf same play and yet no call from the referee standing 7 feet away, he should have at least heard it........ the 2nd penalty called to make it a 5 on 3 was cough cough borderline, there is no denying it was chintzy, the game was 3-1 at that point and still within reach but the deal got sealed on the 2nd penalty ..........the double minor called on Holzer.........I agree with the roughing/boarding but like what could have he possibly said that merited the second minor in a 4-1 game?????

Andrew Ladd's stick in and on Reimer's glove, no call no probs good goal.........wtf?

I am totally disgusted this is the 3rd game in a row with a truly odorous display of horse-puckey officiating, shame on the league, Bettman should be embarrassed

I've never played in a beer league game where the referees were calling a game that horrendously nor being out of position so often

other then that everything is Sunshine and Lollipops

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If Nonis thinks the officiating is bad it is up to him to prove it to the league. Do you think that is a big priority with him?

Last edited:

YOYOTCROSTER*

The Jets goal where Ladd pushed his stick down on Reimers glove stopping him from raising his arm was REALLY REALLY BAD officiating. It was obvious to all and even Ladd's coment after game when he has to do what it takes to win games was all you need to know and Reimers reaction was immediate.

Would Reimer have been able to raise his gloive in time and make the save who knows but for gods sake at least give him the chance.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
No, they wouldn't, but good job jumping to a conclusion.

With the Leafs being an average at best team, a bad schedule will make things even worse. Or do you think things like back to backs, 4in7s, etc.. don't make a difference? That does assume there schedule is worse than others though, which it may not be. I expect teams who are locked to HNIC and other national broadcasts will have a worse schedule than most of the NHL.

None of those things matter.

This team is consistently ****, rested or tired.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
I haven't gone to the Winnipeg board but I'm guess they are celebrating over there like they just won the Stanley cup eh?

Jets have beaten the Leafs five in a row, imagine it's getting rather mundane for them.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
Not sure if I should laugh, cry or do both at the same time:

That is 4/5 of our starting line up every single game.

Pathetic.

And people would rather keep both Kessel AND Bozak over Kadri. Pathetic.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I'd say it's about 25-33 percent of visiting games where the Leafs deal with "Leafs suck" chants. It used to bother me but at this point they're right. :laugh:

Tyler Biggs*

https://twitter.com/RogersBuzz/status/551569669845286912

I understand the frustration, but only to a point. This team this year is not Edmonton bad. I get the sense these jersey-throwing bozos just want their 15 seconds of infamy.

I don't care if they lose every game. It is a total lack of respect for the team. Not true fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler Biggs*

Reimer's fault. Everyone showed up and played a great game, except James Reimer. We lost because of him. Yup!

/sarcasm

Reimer hung out to dry again.

Reimer played his heart off. GLG!

Kbird9

Jun 8, 2013
I haven't gone to the Winnipeg board but I'm guess they are celebrating over there like they just won the Stanley cup eh?

Why would they be celebrating like they won the cup? All they did was beat Toronto which looks like just about every team is gonna be doing the same

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
and how many of whatever players there are have outscored, Phil JvR and Bozak

let's find more ways to whip the Leafs

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I've been tracking the little things over the last 20 games, things that can impede a teams progress, little momentum changers, subtle things

last nights game was the most unprofessional gong show of officiating I've seen in a very long time, and astonishingly so that even the commentators seemed embarrassed........

7 Leafs tossed from the circle, no Jets(this has been going on at roughly the same ratio for 2 years) the man coming in faces delay of game if he gets tossed and therefore you can pretty much chalk up an easy win for the opposition

last night alone there were 9 zone entries by the Leafs where the referee was erroneously(accidentally om purpose, one supposes) positioned in the attack corner tight to the boards causing 5 possession losses. It happens all the time I know, but only twice was this mistake made on Jet rushes, both times the referee hustled to the goal line in order to be less disruptive which is what is supposed to be done so as not to impede the players or puck movement. What the referee is actually supposed to do is to retreat to the opposite corner as per the way the NHL mandates officials positioning.

Boz's interference was no worse then the 2 hander he took on the lower calf same play and yet no call from the referee standing 7 feet away, he should have at least heard it........ the 2nd penalty called to make it a 5 on 3 was cough cough borderline, there is no denying it was chintzy, the game was 3-1 at that point and still within reach but the deal got sealed on the 2nd penalty ..........the double minor called on Holzer.........I agree with the roughing/boarding but like what could have he possibly said that merited the second minor in a 4-1 game?????

Andrew Ladd's stick in and on Reimer's glove, no call no probs good goal.........wtf?

I am totally disgusted this is the 3rd game in a row with a truly odorous display of horse-puckey officiating, shame on the league, Bettman should be embarrassed

I've never played in a beer league game where the referees were calling a game that horrendously nor being out of position so often

other then that everything is Sunshine and Lollipops

quite sad ......different coach same core .....toe blake ,scotty bowman and punch imlach couldn't convince this lot to outwork anyone ......different year ,same ....show yet no one gets canned ,no one gets traded ,:laugh::laugh::laugh:I LOVE MY LEAFS ,i wana work there :yo:

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Greg McKegg

Hockey's Future Prospect Info
Hockey Database Stats
Check him out on twitter @gmckegg14

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 185 lbs.
Drafted in the third round (62nd overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft

Hey guys,

Didn't get a chance to get online since the Leafs lost to the Jets.

I was in attendance so thought I would share my insights on one of the lone bright spots of that game.

Greg McKegg.

Considering how badly the team was outplayed, posting a 0g, 0a, +/- of 0, through 11:16 of ice-time is alright.

But he had some wheels, was really impressed with the skating, and I thought from what I had read in the various Marlies threads that he was small and might get man-handled at the NHL level but I thought he held his own and fought for chances and didn't make many (if any) turnovers. And he wasn't really that small either...

Could see this kid easily jumping up next year in a David Booth role, filling in wherever in the roster, for a very reasonable cap-hit.

Liked what I saw from him.

Other notes from the game:
- The fan that threw the jersey on the ice was just a few seats in front of me, he had the number 69 on it and it said "Jets Suck" on the name bar. I think he threw it to avoid getting lynched, more than anything. Winnipegers are not the friendly Manitobans you've been lead to believe.

- Gardiner also played well. I feel like a lot of the remaining issues for Gards are similar ones to what I saw from Mike Kostka, being that his passes are usually accurate but teammates have trouble anticipating Gardiner's moves so they're usually caught unawares or have had to stop skating because one of Gardiner's dekes threw a set play out of sequence. Overall I think he's got the tools to be competent but needs to be more conscientious of his teammates.

- Kessel. :facepalm: It's honestly a million times worse seeing him live than on TV, in terms of how soft he is on the boards. Honestly, if I was an opposing d-man I would fake a pass every time I saw Kessel skating towards me. He circles away immediately, giving the dman ample time to make a play. There's absolutely no pressure on the opponents to force a play, so they easily make a good play and it kills the team by hemming them in. Kessel makes me hate being a fan of this team.

- The loss: Honestly people, step back from the ledge. It's the second game in two nights, the 3rd in 4 days, and the last game on a 7 game road trip. The Jets also had 2 or 3 days off prior to the game, so they were well rested. Let's not be so surprised this game went south the way it did. I won't mention the injuries because the Jets are missing 5 of the top 6 dmen, so that's not a good excuse.

- Carlyle. He forfeited the game before the first faceoff, by starting Reimer. The Jets fans know he's a head-case and the "Reiiiiiiiimer, Reiiiiiiiiiimer" chants started early and clearly had an impact. Frankly it was a little cruel giving him the start and leaving him in for the whole game was just a twist of lemon juice on the laceration.

Last edited:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Hey guys,

Didn't get a chance to get online since the Leafs lost to the Jets.

I was in attendance so thought I would share my insights on one of the lone bright spots of that game.

Greg McKegg.

Considering how badly the team was outplayed, posting a 0g, 0a, +/- of 0, through 11:16 of ice-time is alright.

But he had some wheels, was really impressed with the skating, and I thought from what I had read in the various Marlies threads that he was small and might get man-handled at the NHL level but I thought he held his own and fought for chances and didn't make many (if any) turnovers. And he wasn't really that small either...

Could see this kid easily jumping up next year in a David Booth role, filling in wherever in the roster, for a very reasonable cap-hit.

Liked what I saw from him.

Other notes from the game:
- The fan that threw the jersey on the ice was just a few seats in front of me, he had the number 69 on it and it said "Jets Suck" on the name bar. I think he threw it to avoid getting lynched, more than anything. Winnipegers are not the friendly Manitobans you've been lead to believe.

- Gardiner also played well. I feel like a lot of the remaining issues for Gards are similar ones to what I saw from Mike Kostka, being that his passes are usually accurate but teammates have trouble anticipating Gardiner's moves so they're usually caught unawares or have had to stop skating because one of Gardiner's dekes threw a set play out of sequence. Overall I think he's got the tools to be competent but needs to be more conscientious of his teammates.

- Kessel. :facepalm: It's honestly a million times worse seeing him live than on TV, in terms of how soft he is on the boards. Honestly, if I was an opposing d-man I would fake a pass every time I saw Kessel skating towards me. He circles away immediately, giving the dman ample time to make a play. There's absolutely no pressure on the opponents to force a play, so they easily make a good play and it kills the team by hemming them in. Kessel makes me hate being a fan of this team.

- The loss: Honestly people, step back from the ledge. It's the second game in two nights, the 3rd in 4 days, and the last game on a 7 game road trip. The Jets also had 2 or 3 days off prior to the game, so they were well rested. Let's not be so surprised this game went south the way it did. I won't mention the injuries because the Jets are missing 5 of the top 6 dmen, so that's not a good excuse.

- Carlyle. He forfeited the game before the first faceoff, by starting Reimer. The Jets fans know he's a head-case and the "Reiiiiiiiimer, Reiiiiiiiiiimer" chants started early and clearly had an impact. Frankly it was a little cruel giving him the start and leaving him in for the whole game was just a twist of lemon juice on the laceration.

$8.0M cap hit for this pansy named Kessel! You got to love it, if you HATE the Toronto Maple Leafs!

Kessel, on a more complete team, would be a magnificent asset. As the centre piece of a team, he is pure garbage!

Thanks Burke for getting Kessel, with his enormous levels of pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence! :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad