40 point player's salary

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
5mill x 1yr

No GM is going to give term for a guy who can't even get an assist. He probably also has an unsustainably high shooting percentage if he isn't getting assists off his rebounds

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I would imagine you're going to need to add a few more qualifiers to this question to get reasonable responses. How old is the player, how many years has he put up 40 goals, what team, etc.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
You mean like 40 goals zero assists.. I mean would be impossible with rebounds and such but would be atleast 6.5 million. Goals=wins

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
This stipulation reminds me of a classic HF thread where it was "A 50 goal player with zero assists vs A 70 assist player with zero goals" and some people actually preferred the 50 goal player

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
This stipulation reminds me of a classic HF thread where it was "A 50 goal player with zero assists vs A 70 assist player with zero goals" and some people actually preferred the 50 goal player
Considering secondary assists are largely luck I don't see the problem choosing 50 goals over ~50 primary apples

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Considering secondary assists are largely luck I don't see the problem choosing 50 goals over ~50 primary apples

IIRC the title I outlined had the only parameters. Choosing the 50 goal scorer results in 20 less goals for your team, regardless of luck

19GoalsInPlayoffs

Jan 30, 2017
IIRC the title I outlined had the only parameters. Choosing the 50 goal scorer results in 20 less goals for your team, regardless of luck
No, it does not.

I have a quiz for you: You have a team that does have two lines and two 50 goal scoring centers in it. No-one else scores goals in that team. No one. Then you do have four wingers playing with those centers. They have only assists. How it is possible that two of them have 70 assists?

And to make it even funnier the other two wingers might still both have 30 assists each. Impossible?

Last edited:
Reactions: brock0791

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
No, it does not.

Here is an quiz for you: You have a line which has a 50 goal scorer playing in it. Lets say he plays C. No-one but the C scores a goals. Ever. Both his LW and RW have 70 assists. Everyone has zero TOI outside this particular line. No defencemen playing with that line ever scores. How is this possible?

Well this scenario provides more insight into the question than the original thread ever did. If I am understanding your post correctly I don't think it is possible for both wingers to have 70 assists each. 50 goals means at maximum 100 possible assists (50 goals x 2 assists per goal), so I don't think the wingers could total 140 together. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

19GoalsInPlayoffs

Jan 30, 2017
Well this scenario provides more insight into the question that the original thread ever did. If I am understanding your post correctly I don't think it is possible for both wingers to have 70 assists each. 50 goals means at maximum 100 possible assists (50 goals x 2 assists per goals), so I don't think the wingers could total 140 together. Am I missing something?
No you’re not missing anything. I just posted it with haste. Now I have it fixed.:)

I just had in mind two wingers with 50 assists and a goal scorer with same amount of goals...

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
No you’re not missing anything. I just posted it with haste. Now I have it fixed.:)

I just had in mind two wingers with 50 assists and a goal scorer with same amount of goals...

I see how your new scenario is possible. Primary+second assists on every goal with assists efficiently distributed between wingers. Either 70 assist winger is still responsible for the creation of more goals than either 50 goal center is, however

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
40+0? If he's a defenseman, I assume he has a good point shot. That could be worth something.

If he's a goalie, then hell, I'd pay him $10M just for the novelty factor.

If he's just a 40+0 forward, then I don't know - that seems like he's not really much of a player, really. I mean, yes, he can score. That's a great quality. But you're bound to get some assists unless there's some serious handicap in your game. Like, it's a 400lbs immovable power forward who parks in front of the net and shovels pucks in, but does nothing else (and probably ends up being offside a lot). Or maybe just a PP sharpshooter, and the plan is to always get the puck to him, and he does nothing else. Either way, I'm guessing a player like that has a negative +/-, and a negative overall impact on the team.

What I'd maybe like to see is a guy who gets 40+0 and all the goals are shorties. He literally only scores on the PK, and doesn't get any offensive zone draws or anything ever. He just works hard and has such speed that he can get a breakaway by himself every time the other team isn't paying attention. How much of a detriment can he be if he only PKs?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Troy Brouwer got $4.5 million for four years. He's explanatory for bad signings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad