Player Discussion #40 Elias Pettersson, Pt. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I said it December 2016 if I had the #1 pick EP is a no brainer. He’s a rare player.

Glad he’s putting up points, but I’d maintain this position even if he went 0 in the pre season and Patrick / Hischier smoke him.

Unlike a lot of people on here I don’t really care about being able to argue with Leafs fan using an excel sheet.

He will be a top 5 player in this league. He’s Matthews/Eichel tier good. Mark my words.

Your words have been marked. You better deliver or there will be consequences for you and your kneecaps

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Pettersson could end up better than Eichel. Matthews, I doubt it. I don't consider Eichel and Matthews in the same class, never did. But I do agree that Pettersson could end up a special player.

Reactions: Ori

Broadslayer

Oct 4, 2018
Pettersson could end up better than Eichel. Matthews, I doubt it. I don't consider Eichel and Matthews in the same class, never did. But I do agree that Pettersson could end up a special player.

Didn’t say better than Matthews, said he’d be on par.

While I agree that Matthews is better than Eichel, I don’t think the separation is big enough that it’s undeniable.

I don’t think Eichels gotten a fair shake given how terrible his team is/was.

Same leniency I’m giving EP.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Didn’t say better than Matthews, said he’d be on par.

While I agree that Matthews is better than Eichel, I don’t think the separation is big enough that it’s undeniable.

I don’t think Eichels gotten a fair shake given how terrible his team is/was.

Same leniency I’m giving EP.

I think the separation between Matthews and Eichel is a level. Just my opinion. Matthews is huge, thick and strong as an ox. His release is on par with anyone in the league and he's one of a few players who could legit challenge for the Rocket any given year while still eclipsing a PPG. He's also extremely tenacious when hounding the puck. Again, just my opinion, but I don't think Eichel is that close to him.

As for Pettersson, I think he actually has a more superior toolbox than Eichel, I really do. His passing is already elite and his shot is deceptive. His creativity and hockey IQ is what gives him the potential to one day be as good as, if not better than, Eichel.

I know this isn't an Eichel thread, but the more I watch him, the less impressed I become TBH. With Matthews and Pettersson, it's the opposite. Matthews is an absolute high-end gem and Pettersson has knocked by socks off in preseason and in game 1. When he fills out and packs on about 15-20 pounds, he's going to be a beast.

Canucks have a good one here. And, in terms of his draft year, I think he will leave Hischier and Patrick in the dust in a few years.

Reactions: sting101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad