Prospect Info: #40 Cam Morrison, LW

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Never heard of him TBH, but the scouting report sounds kind of promising. We could use a board battler who can crash the net as well as wingers, so it fills a team need at least. Surprised no D, that's going to piss some people off.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Again, we didn't make the "sexy" pick but he sounds like a good one. Where do you guys see his ceiling?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Again, we didn't make the "sexy" pick but he sounds like a good one. Where do you guys see his ceiling?

Yeah, we'll see how it goes. Seems like another Greer pick. I get Roy not being high on the small skill guys, but I feel like the 2nd round is a good spot to take a risk with that type of player.

He does seem to have more upside than Greer, but probably not much. We'll be lucky to get one third liner out of the two of them.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

2nd line PF maybe a 3rd wheel on a top line... that is absolute ceiling though. Morrison isn't even close to refined in the defensive zone, so a Landy comparison isn't that close IMO. He plays a lot like JVR with more sandpaper (not saying he will become a JVR level player though).

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
2nd line PF maybe a 3rd wheel on a top line... that is absolute ceiling though. Morrison isn't even close to refined in the defensive zone, so a Landy comparison isn't that close IMO. He plays a lot like JVR with more sandpaper (not saying he will become a JVR level player though).
I was more thinking about the offensive zone when I said Landy. If he works on his defensive side, would it be a better comparison?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, we'll see how it goes. Seems like another Greer pick. I get Roy not being high on the small skill guys, but I feel like the 2nd round is a good spot to take a risk with that type of player.

He does seem to have more upside than Greer, but probably not much. We'll be lucky to get one third liner out of the two of them.

You under-rate what Greer is capable of becoming.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Another big winger that drives the net like Greer. Good to draft these guys since nobody on the big club seems to be willing to go to the dirty areas to score except Landy on occasion.

I'm okay with this pick

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
This is a pretty solid pick, people who watched him a lot liked him a lot. Seems somewhat of a weird pick having just taken Greer last year but oh well. Doubles the chances of one of them making it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's got a looooong way to go to get there.

No doubt, but if he does; he can be soooo much more than just a 3rd liner. If he keeps progressing like he has since leaving Boston, he will be a top 6 PF. His skill level, skating, physical tools, and tenacity are all there to become a rich man's McGinn/a motivated-manbearpig. A Greer-Jost-Compher shutdown 2nd-line could be absolutely tremendous when we hit the 2020s...and AJ's tools could compliment a Dutchy/MacK-Rantanen partnership beautifully...although I still want to see Landy and MacK on a "bully" line, where AJG could compliment them beautifully; if JTC hasn't already claimed that third spot.

Last edited:

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Greer just had a pretty good season in the Q.

Regular Season : 33GP 16G 27P
Playoffs : 25GP 13G 24P

thehockeywatchinger

Nov 2, 2011
For me, it is the surprise that many don't know the quality of Greer. I do think that the player will to be a solide NHL player.
Good luck for the both player. It will to be a excitement for Morrison and the family.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I havent seen this guy play but wish him success now that he's in the organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad