Post-Game Talk: #4: Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2015, Blackhawks at Flyers

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
Emery would have lost the past two games. Neuvirth is dominating.

true. we lose those two games easily.

i am so relieved...have been *****ing about our lack of a quality backup for last couple seasons and was really expecting alot from neurvirth but people were saying on here how he looked weak during preseason...didnt see any preseason and i was starting to worry about how he was gonna pan out.

so glad hes playing lights out right now.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
No. The problem around here is people get stuck on mistakes. Gudas has had some errors but he's making nice plays on the PK, in the defensive zone defensively and he's shown an ability to make the right decision with the puck at times. It's not perfect but the whole body of play hasn't been horrible as you claim. Look at the third goal that Read scored. Who's the defenseman that broke the play up in the neutral zone and making a quick pass to Couts to get that rush started? None other then Gudas. It good position and makes a good quick transition pass up the ice.

The team always needs a scapegoat. Yes there are some players that aren't in the top or middle percentile of the league but in most cases their said level of suckiness is always greatly exaggerated on HFBoards. The problem is the emotional analysis of players. People still stuck with the angry out burst at the TV on players about mistakes and it rules their postgame analysis. You take the good with the bad.

Scapegoat is being a little dramatic.
I understand players to make mistakes that's why I thought people were ridiculous with the Coburn hate. I think he took some stupid penalties and both wins which could have been costly in close games.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Seeing the PC crowd getting their panties in a bunch over the fans taunting Kane last night makes it awesome for me.

I'll never understand why people get worked up by mere words. There's literally nothing that anyone could say that would be offensive or upsetting to me... because they're only words.

I honestly think it's because I've been playing video games online since I was like 12 years old and have heard people say so many things in at attempt to be offensive that it's all just humorous to me at this point. "Oh, you hope my family and I get raped to death by a gorilla covered in barbed wire? Well that's interesting." But I just can't imagine getting legitimately upset over something someone says like so many people do. Especially getting upset on behalf of other people. I swear 99% of the time people are just looking for something to be offended about.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
As for the topic of Manning being a scapegoat.... I don't think you know what a "scapegoat" is if that's what you think.

A scapegoat is someone who get's blamed for the mistakes of others or is unfairly blamed for problems. For example, if the entire team was playing bad and they kept losing and people were acting like it was Manning's fault THEN he'd be a scapegoat. But if the team is doing well an there's really nothing else to complain about and we're just pointing out that he's been bad then he's not being scapegoated, people are just people critical of him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'll never understand why people get worked up by mere words. There's literally nothing that anyone could say that would be offensive or upsetting to me... because they're only words.

I honestly think it's because I've been playing video games online since I was like 12 years old and have heard people say so many things in at attempt to be offensive that it's all just humorous to me at this point. "Oh, you hope my family and I get raped to death by a gorilla covered in barbed wire? Well that's interesting." But I just can't imagine getting legitimately upset over something someone says like so many people do. Especially getting upset on behalf of other people. I swear 99% of the time people are just looking for something to be offended about.

I don't get it either but some people need to constantly find ways to get pissed over something or at least pretend to do so, so they can hold some self appointed higher standard.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I think those chants are a bit silly, but since his personality and his smug behaviour have always rubbed me wrong I don't really care.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
As for the topic of Manning being a scapegoat.... I don't think you know what a "scapegoat" is if that's what you think.

A scapegoat is someone who get's blamed for the mistakes of others or is unfairly blamed for problems. For example, if the entire team was playing bad and they kept losing and people were acting like it was Manning's fault THEN he'd be a scapegoat. But if the team is doing well an there's really nothing else to complain about and we're just pointing out that he's been bad then he's not being scapegoated, people are just people critical of him.

The term, if anyone cares, comes from the book of Leviticus, where a (Jewish) priest put his hands on a goat and laid the sins of the community on it, and then sent it out to die in the desert.

There aren't any natural deserts around the greater Philadelphia area, are there?

"Umm, Dave, why are your hands on my head like dat?"

"Quiet, Vinnie, I'm concentrating. And then forgive Radko for that missed assignment in the high slot in game 3 ..."

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The term, if anyone cares, comes from the book of Leviticus, where a (Jewish) priest put his hands on a goat and laid the sins of the community on it, and then sent it out to die in the desert.

There aren't any natural deserts around the greater Philadelphia area, are there?

"Umm, Dave, why are your hands on my head like dat?"

"Quiet, Vinnie, I'm concentrating. And then forgive Radko for that missed assignment in the high slot in game 3 ..."

:laugh: I don't think Lecavalier would fit the description either, seeing as it says "unfairly". That little **** deserves every bit of hate he gets.

Coburn would be the best example I can think of since even when he got a ton of hate he was still pretty good.

I'm all for sending Lecavalier into a desert though.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
:laugh: I don't think Lecavalier would fit the description either, seeing as it says "unfairly". That little **** deserves every bit of hate he gets.

Coburn would be the best example I can think of since even when he got a ton of hate he was still pretty good.

I don't think you were here then but you should have seen the hate that Carter got here.

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009

Some kind of ..."dry island" if you will.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Some kind of ..."dry island" if you will.

latest

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Umburger could be headed for LTIR upper body injury could be serious.

Sounds serious. We ought to keep him on LTIR for 2 years.

And that's why you'll never find a religious goat.

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
I'm not offended by it, couldn't really care less. Just think it's childish. Same with the "Crosby sucks" chants.
I agree... very childish. Especially so when neither chant is even close to being true.

Also, I found it kind've humorous that they introduced the metal detectors this season, but also now will actually let you drink your beer out of the can. I did lots of that during the game, admittedly.

Brandon Manning is the new Randy Jones.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Wait...he's back already with the team and they don't play until Tuesday.

If I am not mistaken he is "back" but just skating and still taking care of his personal problems. If he was back to playing I think the Flyers would have sent LaBarbera back especially since they have a game tonight. (Now if LaBarbera could be sent back anyway and recalled again for Tuesday. I want to see Stolarz get some time though!)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I agree... very childish. Especially so when neither chant is even close to being true.

If you keep pretending you know the details of what happened your posts will just get deleted again, so unless you were in the room with Kane and the accuser, give it a rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad