Rumor: 4 teams, including Montreal, have made Gardiner an offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Why would Montreal have gotten Chiarot at 3.5m per season, while still paying AHLzner at 4.625m per season, and now get Gardiner?!?! We already have 2 very decent LHD in Mete and Kulak (who can be our 2nd/3rd pairing left side defenseman) with Reilly and others who can step in as bottom pairing if needed... Wtf. Stay away. Ew.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Gardiner is better than every player you mentioned.
That's not the point. We just got Chiarot (who I know sucks) at a ridiculous 3.5m. We have Alzner who's not even an NHLer anymore costing us 4.625m. We have 2 decent NHLers in Mete (who's better defensively than Gardiner) and Kulak who proved to play very well with Petry... Why would we ALSO need Gardiner? We're going to overpay for him and greatly regret it. I know Bergevin's throwing money in the air for stupidities, but no thanks.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Still of the opinion that we gave up on Gardiner when we signed Chariot.

Zeke and luther

Aug 14, 2019
That's not the point. We just got Chiarot (who I know sucks) at 3.5m. We have Alzner who's not even an NHLer anymore at 4.625m. We have 2 decent NHLers in Mete (who's better defensively than Gardiner) and Kulak who proved to play very well with Petry... Why would we ALSO need Gardiner? We're going to overpay for him and greatly regret it. No thanks.
Gardiner is a left shot, puck moving defender who can produce a good amount of points per season. The habs severely lack anyone with that package.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Why would Montreal have gotten Chiarot at 3.5m per season, while still paying AHLzner at 4.625m per season, and now get Gardiner?!?! We already have 2 very decent LHD in Mete and Kulak (who can be our 2nd/3rd pairing left side defenseman) with Reilly and others who can step in as bottom pairing if needed... Wtf. Stay away. Ew.

"Why sign a 1st-pairing defenseman when we have a #7 defenseman, AHL defenseman and two bottom-pairing defenseman"

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

That’s like asking why Nashville would try to acquire Connor McDavid when they’re already spending a bunch of money on some decent centers.

In Gardiner’s case, he blows every other Montreal LHD out of the water.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

Gardiner-Weber
Chiarot-Petry
Mete-Kulak
Folin

Trade Reilly

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I hope he signs with montreal, but its not a big contract.
3-4 years at 6-6.5M

At this point of the offseason it's tough to imagine a guy like Gardiner getting overpaid.

This is a good time for steals.

Reactions: BLNY

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

Really makes me wonder why we would re-sign both Kulak and Reilly if right after we go looking for players to replace them in the lineup.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Gardiner is going to get the Kessel treatment once he gets on a team that isn't the Leafs. Everyone will finally see he is actually a really good player.

He's really good offensively. But he's also a complete BONEHEAD who cannot stop making bad decisions. Not worth whatever they will pay.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Anyhow, I’d love to find a way to bring Gardiner to San Jose on a short term deal and then trade Brenden Dillon. Gardiner wouldn’t get a ton of opportunity on the PP but he’d get a lot of ice time at even strength in a system where offense is encouraged from the defensemen more than any other system in the NHL. I think it could be very mutually beneficial to both sides.

If Gardiner would take $5M on a one-year term, we could trade Brenden Dillon and then still have room to add a top-6 F with some retention.

Reactions: SabresSharks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad