Post-Game Talk: (4) Providence Bruins vs (1) Lehigh Valley Phantoms

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Overall disappointing season for Providence

Doesn't seem like (I could be wrong) many of the young guys are ready to make the jump

Except Czarnik, Cehlarik and Zboril (7th D)

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

Doesn't seem like (I could be wrong) many of the young guys are ready to make the jump

You realize Lehigh Valley is a pretty good team, right?

I don’t think how they played in this series means guys aren’t ready for the NHL.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
You realize Lehigh Valley is a pretty good team, right?

So were teams the Providence teams face last season in the playoffs. But that unit went pretty far

You think if Debrusk, Heinen, Grz was on this providence team...they wouldn't beat Lehigh?

My point is, not optimistic anybody really from this roster (except the three I listed) will be able to crack the Bruins roster next season. Unless they have big offseasons and somehow up their games

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I think Lehigh has they’re own boatload of prospects who won out this time, that’s all I’m saying.

Fitzgerald is a guy you missed who I think makes the Bruins at some point next year. Didn’t play tonight which was odd.

PBruins missed O’Gara after the Nash trade and the loss of Bjork and JFK never being 100% didn’t help.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Spoken by someone who does nothing but stat watch.

Why put 7th D for Zboril? That’s not going to happen.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Given than Binnington is ultimately another team’s property, is it strange they gave him 3/4 starts over McIntyre or was he playing that much better?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Given than Binnington is ultimately another team’s property, is it strange they gave him 3/4 starts over McIntyre or was he playing that much better?

QUESTION NOW becomes does Binnington stay Providence property, now that the season is over and essentially Providence is back to just McIntyre in the system, because all deals with the Blues involving Binnington are cancelled ie all loans.... who does Atlanta get, if not Vladar, etc..... Keyser, from what Dom has stated previously isn't eligible since not completed 4 years of juniors unless they sign him outright....

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
QUESTION NOW becomes does Binnington stay Providence property, now that the season is over and essentially Providence is back to just McIntyre in the system, because all deals with the Blues involving Binnington are cancelled ie all loans.... who does Atlanta get, if not Vladar, etc..... Keyser, from what Dom has stated previously isn't eligible since not completed 4 years of juniors unless they sign him outright....

He goes back to the Blues if the loan is cancelled with us losing?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

He was playing better. MUCH better in this series? Hard to say, every goalie has their teams/angles/nights where the opposition feasts or leasts. For the most part Binnington wasn’t soft on his goals like Mc has been.

St Louis will have San Antonio to themselves next year so Binnington is done here. Maybe Boston takes a flier on him at some point. He’s not a bad option.

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I think Lehigh has they’re own boatload of prospects who won out this time, that’s all I’m saying.

Fitzgerald is a guy you missed who I think makes the Bruins at some point next year. Didn’t play tonight which was odd.

PBruins missed O’Gara after the Nash trade and the loss of Bjork and JFK never being 100% didn’t help.

I wasn't able to see any of the playoff games however I'm interested in hearing about Zach S and Zboril bruin first round picks in their 2nd season? How did they play? Progression?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad