Post-Game Talk: (4) Providence Bruins vs (1) Lehigh Valley Phantoms

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
End Two 3-2 Phantoms

Shots 26-22 Bruins

Zane McIntyre 10/12 that period (19/22)

Alex Lyon 12/13 that periodperiod (24/26)

PP 1/5
PK 2/4

Last edited:

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Lehigh gets 5 on 3 (Koharski special makes call from 100feet away Divver)

Phantoms score 5 on 3 and than 5 on 4

Bruins trail 3-2
I don't know if he's really got a thing against the Bruins, but it certainly seems like it. My buddy and I were semi-joking leaving the Dunk that it wouldn't be April if Terry Koharski wasn't negatively impacting the outcome of a Providence playoff game. Not going to tonight's dreadfully scheduled conflict with BOS-TOR, so I've likely seen my last PBs game this year. I don't see them pulling this series out, though they had their chances last night.

The first LV goal was absolutely ghastly. I complimented McIntyre on the general thread a couple of weeks ago, and he's been pretty bad ever since. My bad.

Agreed that Fitz could/should make the Boston roster next year, but not sure who he pushes out of the fourth line. Thought JFK was trending that way, too, until the injury. Senyshyn was flying - the slow and steady development plan will pay off enormously, I think. I love Blidh.

Reactions: TCB

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
This Gouin guy may be worse than Koharski. Koharski at least called a 100 foot penalty on the Phantoms as well. Cross got into it with Gouin at the end of the first.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
This Gouin guy may be worse than Koharski. Koharski at least called a 100 foot penalty on the Phantoms as well. Cross got into it with Gouin at the end of the first.

So Gouin was the other goof from last night? The one who ignored two trips behind the net 5 feet away from him? One of them, like you referenced, was a 100 foot call from Koharski. One thing that popped into my head last night is that the whole crew was terrible and they should never see any NHL time. If this is the well the NHL goes to for replacing refs, the product will only get worse.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Is koharski the same guy from the nhl? Am I thinking of Don?

Last edited:

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
Expect Jordan Binnington in @AHLBruins net tonight. Zane McIntyre was on ice with extra players this morn (Divver)

They have been going ever other game most of the season. Didn't think they'd do it in the playoffs as Binnington is St. Louis property.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Expect Jordan Binnington in @AHLBruins net tonight. Zane McIntyre was on ice with extra players this morn (Divver)

They have been going ever other game most of the season. Didn't think they'd do it in the playoffs as Binnington is St. Louis property.

I think this is less about whose property a player is and more about getting the W? I imagine that rhe PRO organization relies on the playoff gate heavily to be profitable (if the model is anything like the NHL).

It’s unfortunate that Zane let in that soft one (per people that saw it) in a game that turned out to be a one goal loss. I’m not sure how he played in the remainder of the game but the PB’s heavily outshot LV.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Sadly, I suspect by this time Zane have given the Bruins enough information to decide if he should be the backup in Boston next year

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I think this is less about whose property a player is and more about getting the W? I imagine that rhe PRO organization relies on the playoff gate heavily to be profitable (if the model is anything like the NHL).

It’s unfortunate that Zane let in that soft one (per people that saw it) in a game that turned out to be a one goal loss. I’m not sure how he played in the remainder of the game but the PB’s heavily outshot LV.

The two other LV goals were on the power play, including a 5 on 3.

"I think you take a lot of lessons through the whole game," said Leach. "We can't give them five power plays. We can't give them a 5-on-3."

Game story: Providence Drops Playoff Opener

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad