GDT: #4: Pittsburgh Penguins VS Winnipeg Jets @ MTS Centre|Jan.25.2013|8:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Maybe it's Despres & Bortuzzo who are playing? Just a thought since Engelland's eye looked pretty nasty the other night. He may be having some vision issues or whatever.

Hopefully that's the case. I'll be pretty pissed if Lovejoy gets the start ahead of *both* Despres and Bortuzzo. Even if Bylsma wants to remove Despres (for what reason, I'm not sure), it makes more sense to give a game to Bortuzzo.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Lovejoy playing would make no sense to me. I also thought Engelland was worse than Despres last game.

Lovejoy playing when we have five healthy defensemen makes no sense to me, but I digress . . .

Maybe Dying Alive is right. Maybe the third pairing tonight is Despres-Bortuzzo.

As I said, Despres was pretty solid and improved on a night when most others looked like **** against Toronto. And Engo has looked pretty bad overall.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Will not be happy if Despres is out of the lineup tonight. Will be very happy if it's Despres-Bortuzzo as the third pairing.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You guys be crazy. Adams has been playing excellent hockey these last four games. Great on the PK and even at ES has been making a lot of smart plays.

Good hockey, bad hockey . . . the day Craig Adams is scratched is the day they pry the lineup card from Dan Bylsma's hand.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Lovejoy getting in over Bort & Despres is inexcusable.

I do think there is a fair chance that there is the Bort-Despres pairing tonight, though. I can't imagine Engelland's eye is in too great of shape right now.

And the calling for Adams really has to stop, for the time being at least, the guy has been on absolute beast mode on the PK so far this season. Taking him out of the line-up doesn't help this team right now.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Lovejoy getting in over Bort & Despres is inexcusable.

I do think there is a fair chance that there is the Bort-Despres pairing tonight, though. I can't imagine Engelland's eye is in too great of shape right now.

And the calling for Adams really has to stop, for the time being at least, the guy has been on absolute beast mode on the PK so far this season. Taking him out of the line-up doesn't help this team right now.

I thought that Engelland's eye injury really cost us against Toronto. He looked a bit lost out there at times after.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Lovejoy playing when we have five healthy defensemen makes no sense to me, but I digress . . .

Maybe Dying Alive is right. Maybe the third pairing tonight is Despres-Bortuzzo.

As I said, Despres was pretty solid and improved on a night when most others looked like **** against Toronto. And Engo has looked pretty bad overall.
Agreed.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
MolinariPG 1:00pm via Twitter for iPhone

Vokoun is first goalie off the ice. Usually means he is getting the start.

Interesting. I wonder if that was scheduled. Quite honestly Fleury was the least of the Pens' problems on Wednesday night.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Interesting. I wonder if that was scheduled. Quite honestly Fleury was the least of the Pens' problems on Wednesday night.

Flower against Ottawa to exercise last year's demons, like the rationale for the start to open against the Flyers rather than the Rangers?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
He's looked a bit lost before that.

I'm sure Cole will be the first to tear me a new one, but I think Bortuzzo deserves a shot in the top 6 for a few games. Engelland definitely has not looked good thus far IMO.

If Ben Lovejoy gets the nod over either of them, he will have ruined my friday night.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm sure Cole will be the first to tear me a new one, but I think Bortuzzo deserves a shot in the top 6 for a few games. Engelland definitely has not looked good thus far IMO.

If Ben Lovejoy gets the nod over either of them, he will have ruined my friday night.

I don't know, Cole or not, I've watched Despres-Engo closely. Let's just say that a fair part of Despres' growing pains have not been of his own making.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Exactly this. Which is why I thought Bort should take Engo for a game just to get it back to full health.

Lovejoy over Despres is shockingly bad.

You could make an argument that Engelland deserves to watch a game from the box for a night without the injury.

Really displeased about that third pairing tonight. The two better defenders for tonight are in the press box.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
looks like Lovejoy and Engelland will be in tonight

And that's why Dan Bylsma is one of the best coaches in hockey, especially when it comes to the lineup card. :handclap:

You could make an argument that Engelland deserves to watch a game from the box for a night without the injury.

Really displeased about that third pairing tonight. The two better defenders for tonight are in the press box.

See about a centimeter above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad