Post-Game Talk: #4 | Oilers at Flyers | October 19, 2023 | Flyers win 4-1

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
This rebuild will be nicely accelerated next summer. Bet your asses on that.

There is no way in hell daddy Torts, and the pigs that are Jones, Lombardi, and Flahr will be able to resist a D FA class that at least currently consists of:

Brodie
Skjei
Tanev
Pesce
Dumba
Forsling
Grzelcyk
Barrie
Roy
Zadorov

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Getting into the playoffs isn't impressive.

I wonder why so many players were desperate to get away from the most hated coach in the league?
Like whom?
Dubois requested a trade to get away from the GM who lowballed him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
All the players you listed. Having trouble retaining players when you have the most hated coach in the league isn't good.

Also lol at the GM catching blame selectively.
What are you talking about?
The players who left, other than Provorov, were Fletcher's bois:
Hayes, TDA, MacEwen/Lemieux, Brown, Braun, Bellows, Willman from last year's roster.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Revelling at the chaos of the Flyers as they go up in flames is sympathy for the devil in all of us.

Well afterall it is you and me.

Spectrum rocking at the 1969 concert. Yeah no I-95 through Chester, Marcus Hook, a week later Altamont.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The players who left, other than Provorov, were Fletcher's bois:
Hayes, TDA, MacEwen/Lemieux, Brown, Braun, Bellows, Willman from last year's roster.
He was clearly talking about the CBus guys you listed.

But thank you for pointing out that in 1 offseason, Briere cleaned out 7 pieces of Fletcher's trash

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
This rebuild will be nicely accelerated next summer. Bet your asses on that.

There is no way in hell daddy Torts, and the pigs that are Jones, Lombardi, and Flahr will be able to resist a D FA class that at least currently consists of:

Brodie
Skjei
Tanev
Pesce
Dumba
Forsling
Grzelcyk
Barrie
Roy
Zadorov

In your view, is there a #1 defenseman on that list?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He was clearly talking about the CBus guys you listed.

But thank you for pointing out that in 1 offseason, Briere cleaned out 7 pieces of Fletcher's trash
The CBJ guys I listed were picked up as expiring contracts at the TDL.

Panarin had always made it clear he had no intention of resigning with Columbus, nothing to do with Torts, he wanted to play in NYC (hmm, where would you live with $60M after taxes?)

Bob went to the highest bidder (Florida gave him a huge overpay)

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Ugh. I will say this much tho. Not seeing that stinking heap of trash Bellows, MacEwan, Lemieux, Hayes etc, in the lineup, is a victory of its own. Deslauriers and Staal, be damned.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Exactly. Why not just use last years stats? Or does that not fit your narrative?
Read the post I was responding to, he claimed Tort's teams tended to fade after an early edge due to conditioning. So I choose a three year sample when the team had similar talent to see if they faded the last 20 games.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The CBJ guys I listed were picked up as expiring contracts at the TDL.

Panarin had always made it clear he had no intention of resigning with Columbus, nothing to do with Torts, he wanted to play in NYC (hmm, where would you live with $60M after taxes?)

Bob went to the highest bidder (Florida gave him a huge overpay)

Ah so nobody wanted to stay with the most hated coach in the NHL? What a shock. After all your claims about how everyone wants to play with him and how being treated like shit is secretly desired, it's bizarre that they didn't stay, don't you think? Why were you wrong?

It's similarly not shocking that such a massive chunk of our roster has hated him too.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Only highlight I saw was the first goal which was nice to see. Brink and Farabee doing well

They spent the period playing possession and taking creative risks. From the 2nd onwards it was heavily dialed back, and we got dumps and perimeter safety; offense treated as defense in the opposing end. I think we can all guess why.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ah so nobody wanted to stay with the most hated coach in the NHL? What a shock. After all your claims about how everyone wants to play with him and how being treated like shit is secretly desired, it's bizarre that they didn't stay, don't you think? Why were you wrong?

It's similarly not shocking that such a massive chunk of our roster has hated him too.
Players follow the money.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Are there ever 2 teams playing? Or do bad flyer teams dictate every game and every period? This is comical.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
They'll finish somewhere around pick 7-9 again. This team is not good and their PP is horrendous.
That's what I was originally thinking as well. But I think Coots looking 100% and the emergence of Zamula does a lot to shore up their two biggest holes. I'm now thinking the 10-12 range.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad