Post-Game Talk: #4| New Jersey Devils @ New York Islanders | January 21st | 7:00 PM | F/ W4-1

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I think the fact that we had no pre-season games makes the coaching staff a little gun shy about seeing what the kids can do with points on the line.
Not to mention how the shortened regular season and all the games being in division exacerbates this issue as well.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Bailey off of Covid protocol. Playing tonight?
Ooooh Josh Bailey, hey, hey, hey :thumbu:

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Based on what I saw against the Rag$, the devils can skate now. They play quick and the sticks are super active on defense. Gonna be two tough games IMO, we'll see how patient they are playing us but I expect a serious challenge tonight.

That was them against the Rangers though. I doubt the Isles will let them zip around as much.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Covid has nothing on these Bails

Edit: Wait who deleted my signature of 'lick my Bails'? :laugh:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Late breaking news

tenor.gif

Reactions: MJF

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
So is Bailey playing tonight or because he came off so late he's not eligible and/or hasn't practiced enough the last 48 hours?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Johnston and Martin should never be playing in the same game

Amen brother.

The fact that they are is a symptom of not having enough talent/being deep enough. Martin on the 4th line is tolerable because of his physical game/intangibles, but Johnston on any other line is just neutralizing the center he plays with.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Amen brother.

The fact that they are is a symptom of not having enough talent/being deep enough. Martin on the 4th line is tolerable because of his physical game/intangibles, but Johnston on any other line is just neutralizing the center he plays with.

And... we all agree around here it's because of some bad contracts, but also because of some bad drafting and development. It really sucks that not one of MDC, Bellows, Wahlstrom, or Koivula can be trusted in what really amounts to a FOURTH line role (by ice time).

Reactions: Uncle Duke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad