Post-Game Talk: #4| New Jersey Devils @ New York Islanders | January 21st | 7:00 PM | F/ W4-1

LilDuty

Jan 21, 2021
Is Dobson quarterbacking the 1st PP this season?? Full time NHLer? I wish I could watch more Islander games

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Is Dobson quarterbacking the 1st PP this season?? Full time NHLer? I wish I could watch more Islander games

Yes, he is the PPQB on the #1PP and he is taking a regular shift with Andy Greene on the 3rd pairing. He's here to stay and poised to be a major contributor this year.

TMI

Dec 15, 2019
Not sure why you can't watch more Islander games, because with the internet you can watch literally every game.

And yes to both, btw.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
My God
How good would Myles Wood look with JPG?
Love his game, winning player. Hopefully Bellows can become a better shooting, just as scrappy, type player? Will never be the skater.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
I’m a big fan of Jack Hughes. He’s going to be a great player. He dominated the Rags. He’s young but he was absolutely neutralized tonight and was a none factor.

That’s the difference between a team who has crap d-men playing a crap system and your NY Islanders

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
Happy with the win and the 2 pts. I get why many are looking to swap Ross with Wally. I would like to give JGP consistent line mates and maximize his abilities. I think BT sees Wally as a future top 6 winger and will really get a chance if or when possibly a Bailey or Eberle are picked up in the expansion draft. Until then, I think you will see MDC, Ross, and the Uncle Leo likes to play a responsible 2 way game. Maybe he gets in when injuries or Covid hit.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
Pretty solid effort overall...4th line led the way with a 200 ft dominant game....the other lines were pretty good...Another solid goaltending effort...d-men doing a better job moving the puck out of the d-zone...hoping Dobson keeps his feet moving/Cal gets out of PK mode and moves the puck to his mates and Bellows adjusts his line change shifts....the usage of Pageau was closer to where it should be...if you need a second face off guy thats fine..but get him off as soon as this is accomplished to get the lines back clicking...This team can win/will win when Toi is allocated properly and no love fests occur.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Seriously. Someone punch Beau in the face.

Idk if that would actually work in his case, it would diminish him, IMHO. Brock, Leddy, or Barzal are the ones who need one (at times)...oh, and Ebs. This team needs Beau at a 30 goal pace, and he probably knows it.

Anyway, good game against one of the hottest teams. Hughes compared his style to Barzal (pre-draft); he doesn't have that incredible mobility, however, he has a better shot at baseline.

Dobson has had three strong games. Everyone raves about his his D IQ and poise (right there with CDH, IMHO); I've been impressed by his offensive awareness. He sees seams, he knows when to take open ice, he knows when to shoot w/ a low wrister for a tip, or put power on for a goal/rebound. He's also working the boards, which will take his D game to the next tier.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
The team is floating, trying silly cute plays with the puck in our own zone.
"Isles can't clear" tattooed on every players ass
This has been an issue now for years, seemingly easy exits become turnovers.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
looks like #13 is ready to take it to another level this year. Could you imagine if he played in the all Canada sweatsuit hockey division?

Dobson is a young colt itching to run. Trotz is close to opening him up

Let's see how the Isles respond on Sunday. Will they be complacent like game #2 vrs the raggies after a fairly easy game 1?

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Idk if that would actually work in his case, it would diminish him, IMHO. Brock, Leddy, or Barzal are the ones who need one (at times)...oh, and Ebs. This team needs Beau at a 30 goal pace, and he probably knows it.

Anyway, good game against one of the hottest teams. Hughes compared his style to Barzal (pre-draft); he doesn't have that incredible mobility, however, he has a better shot at baseline.

Dobson has had three strong games. Everyone raves about his his D IQ and poise (right there with CDH, IMHO); I've been impressed by his offensive awareness. He sees seams, he knows when to take open ice, he knows when to shoot w/ a low wrister for a tip, or put power on for a goal/rebound. He's also working the boards, which will take his D game to the next tier.

I think the biggest differences between barzal and Hughes are strength and IQ. Barzal doesn’t really make quick little passes like Hughes as he’s always confident he can make a play regardless of whether the other team knows what he’s doing or not (which he usually can). Barzal is obviously much stronger on the boards allowing him to be the better possession player as of now but I thought all things considered Hughes looked prettt good last night

Reactions: BelovedIsles

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Not until Varlamov cools off. Ride 'em and ride 'em hard.
As long as Varly has 2 days rest between games, there's no reason to get Sorokin in just yet. He obviously should get his share, and he will. But at this point, as long as Varly can be rested, no reason not to give him the bulk of the games.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
Yup, either Sat or Sun. Ideally it would be against a lesser team, but it is what it is. Gotta throw the kid into the fire.

Really no easy games in our division.

I just thought Saturday was more likely because Sunday would have meant 6 starts in a row for Varlamov, which is not something he has really had to do before (even in the playoffs we used Greiss). Not to mention that Sunday might be a higher pressure game if we were to start Varlamov on Saturday and lose because of where Philly will likely end up in the standings.

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
Hey guys, Habs fan coming in peace.

I was looking to add Dobson to my Dynasty league. Is he a good pickup for longterm? What the hindsight on his play? Is he gonna stay on the 3rd pairing all year with some PP minutes?

Thanks for the heads up info

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hey guys, Habs fan coming in peace.

I was looking to add Dobson to my Dynasty league. Is he a good pickup for longterm? What the hindsight on his play? Is he gonna stay on the 3rd pairing all year with some PP minutes?

Thanks for the heads up info

Absolutely pick him up. He is already the #1PPQB and is looking quite good doing it. He is currently on the 3rd pair with Greene and he has 2 20 minute games out of 4 as well.

If it's a Dynasty League, you could he getting a budding young Pietrangelo now for cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karma Police

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad