U20: 4-nations tournament in Finland (Nov. 6-8)

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Ah, alright then, thanks for correction. Anyway, most likely easy win for SWE. I am not so disappointed about it. Sweden has really great team but we could at least score the goal...

Well this seems like a good age group for Sweden there are a lot of good players on the other side of the pond looking to make this team aswell.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
From the Czech roster there are about 4-5 players that will likely make the final team. Majority of the team will be NA players. No wonder they are not doing so good this tournament. Though imo they deserved better than 6:0 with Sweden.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Yes, that's why I am not worried about results from this tournament. We have a real strong group of players in NA.

From this Czech team, as you said there are about 4-5 players who should make the team for WJC.

When I look at Sweden... Lindblom, Eriksson Ek, Holmstrom, Kovacs, Forsling, Englund, Aho, Carlsson, Larsson, Soderstrom and Sandstrom are probably locks to be on the roster for WJC, then maybe A. Karlsson, Looke or Asplund could make it too. Correct me If I am somehow a lot mistaken.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Yes, that's why I am not worried about results from this tournament. We have a real strong group of players in NA.

From this Czech team, as you said there are about 4-5 players who should make the team for WJC.

When I look at Sweden... Lindblom, Eriksson Ek, Holmstrom, Kovacs, Forsling, Englund, Aho, Carlsson, Larsson, Soderstrom and Sandstrom are probably locks to be on the roster for WJC, then maybe A. Karlsson, Looke or Asplund could make it too. Correct me If I am somehow a lot mistaken.

These are the best players in Europe, so maybe 15 of them will make the WJC, maybe a few more. NA possibles are Nylander x2, Kempe, Kylington, Andersson, Olofsson to name some.

Backami

Jun 26, 2013
They should win even if the goaltending is weak. This russian team has 4 drafted prospects, sweden have 17. Gabriel Carlsson who is a 1st round pick is the 7th defensman on the team. They should perform better with the kind of material they have.

You obviously overestimate the draft magic. Panarin is undrafted, Yakupov were drafted at number one. Which one is better?

SpinninRodIntoArmpit

Apr 8, 2015
You obviously overestimate the draft magic. Panarin is undrafted, Yakupov were drafted at number one. Which one is better?

Jakupov, but that's another discussion.

I read that Laine's game was much better today than yesterday, so I hope he can keep that up for tomorrow's game which will be broadcasted. He has no goals after the shoulder injury and I think netting one would get him back on track.

Backami

Jun 26, 2013
Jakupov, but that's another discussion.

I read that Laine's game was much better today than yesterday, so I hope he can keep that up for tomorrow's game which will be broadcasted. He has no goals after the shoulder injury and I think netting one would get him back on track.

Yakupov? Just because he was selected first in draft? Based on both players quality at the moment you cant never say that Yakupov is better.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Russia seems to have played poorly against Sweden. Did anyone see the game?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

Draft totals is a pretty powerful tool to determine depth. Individual draft picks, not so much. Russia is a bit of an exception though because NHL teams shy away from drafting Russians that aren't playing in NA.

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
From the Czech roster there are about 4-5 players that will likely make the final team. Majority of the team will be NA players. No wonder they are not doing so good this tournament. Though imo they deserved better than 6:0 with Sweden.

I guess roughly 10 players will make the team.

SpinninRodIntoArmpit

Apr 8, 2015
Yakupov? Just because he was selected first in draft? Based on both players quality at the moment you cant never say that Yakupov is better.

Yakupov is two years younger, plays in a worse team, and has one point (one assist) less than Panarin. Just because Dallas Eakins happened?

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
I guess roughly 10 players will make the team.

Can you please name these 10 players? After the second look, I have to say yes it's very likely that there are more than 4 or 5 players who will make the team but 10 is too high tbh.

And CZE makes it 3-1, PP goal scored by David Tomasek assisted by David Kase and Filip Hronek.

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
Can you please name these 10 players? After the second look, I have to say yes it's very likely that there are more than 4 or 5 players who will make the team but 10 is too high tbh.

And CZE makes it 3-1, PP goal scored by David Tomasek assisted by David Kase and Filip Hronek.

Vejmelka
3-4 defensemen (Hronek, Scotka, Rasner, Sklenicka/Havlin/Miklis)
6-7 forwards (Kase, Vesely, Tomasek, Ordos, Vopelka, Cernoch, Jasek)

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Awful defense by Sweden and Puljujärvi is left all alone in front of the net. 1-0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad