Post-Game Talk: #4 - Jets @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Our top-6 forwards were phenomenal tonight, minus Hayes having some brainfarts. Special teams lost us this game.

The PK got stretched laterally, while our powerplay did nothing to get the Jets chasing. It's funny, Arniel preaches quickness, yet they do the same **** game in and game out. They only need Yandle at the point. Have two half wall options to make the opposing PK move more. The Caps, Sharks, and Hawks have this down to a ****ing science. Just watch what they do.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
They scored 4v5 (2-1) lead and all went downhill from there. :shakehead

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
Living with Glass on the 4th line, which essentially cripples that line, is okay when you're winning. Moore and Stoll actually found some good positions tonight but practically had 4 skaters on the ice to work with.

Brassard started out well but got more and more stupid as the game went on. Hayes was awful. I thought Stalberg was pretty good, for the most part. Lindberg was seriously underused, he only had 6 seconds more TOI than Glass did.

In a lot of ways we were unlucky. If McIlrath or Zuccarello didn't hit metal the outcome might've been different. Hutchinson was also very good. Blowing all of those power play chances, though, isn't bad luck, it's criminal.

Not concerned too much with our even strength play. Special teams we need a serious looking over. It flat out sucks.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
If we can pull the plutonium rod out of our special teams ass tonight, I'll be fine. WSH, PIT, NJD all lost in REG tonight.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Our top-6 forwards were phenomenal tonight, minus Hayes having some brainfarts. Special teams lost us this game.

The PK got stretched laterally, while our powerplay did nothing to get the Jets chasing. It's funny, Arniel preaches quickness, yet they do the same **** game in and game out. They only need Yandle at the point. Have two half wall options to make the opposing PK move more. The Caps, Sharks, and Hawks have this down to a ****ing science. Just watch what they do.

Need a trigger-man. Everyone who plays on our PP is there because they can hold onto the puck and move it. Then Arniel gets mad at them for playing patient and waiting for the lane?

Need a one-time shoot-first think later right handed shot. Been saying it since June. Still need it.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Bad luck killed us tonight, could've won the game if we had a little luck. Still it was not a great performance, just that it was salvageable with some luck.

Why anyone thinks Klein can play on the pp is beyond me, I'd argue Girardi is better on the pp. Klein has goals, yes. He had a career year with a high shooting pct. that doesn't mean he's a good offensive player. AV is not dumb for keeping him off the PP, that's the right move. He's just not great with moving the puck the way we do on the pp.

Winnipeg is a dirty as **** team. Nash next to the net and gets cross checked to the ribs literally 8 times in 5 seconds.

McDonagh and Girardi need to stop screening Hank.

Overall this game was just sloppy sloppy sloppy. Lots of over skating the puck, fanning on shots and trying to pass too much.

Yandle looked great, our best D man by far. Zucc was good, Miller was good. Nash was okay, Brass was okay but those two with bad penalties killed us.

Btw, where is Chris Kreider. He's basically done nothing all season aside from toe dragging Hjarlmarson and missing the net, and concussing Wennberg on CBJ. His disappearing act is in full swing.

Not jumping off a ledge or anything, those are just my observations.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
This is Vigneault's plan all along for Glass and while it's a conspiracy, I am convinced. He wanted to take Lindberg out heading into the season but Oscar scored 4 in three and had a goal streak and it would have been impossible to take him out without drawing fire. Then he takes one of our best bottom six guys out in place for Glass in the name of toughness for Glass. Now that Glass is in, the carousel has to keep spinning because he knows he can't bench guys for too long especially when they've done nothing to deserve it. Yet, he doesn't want to take Glass out so he's going to set Lindberg up by not giving him ice time and then taking Lindberg out for Fast citing some learning curve thing with Lindberg and all the while, Tanner Glass is in the line up providing nothing except the comforting notion of toughness and a team guy.

Next game, Lindberg comes out for Fast. After that, if nothing else happens, Stoll will come out of the line up for Lindberg

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Winnipeg is a tough team to play against. They're big and they're nasty. Their D apart from Enstrom is just huge. Lots of big bodies to the net--lots of slashes and crosschecks. You have to make them pay when you get power plays.

Rangers were ****ed when Little scored the shorthanded goal. Kind of a broken play and McDonagh got caught in no man's land and the puck was in the net.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Every other team in our division lost it's all good.

We all know the Rangers will be playing deep in the playoffs again and the Jets most likely won't be. Games like these are bound to happen..

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
This stupid franchise will never have a respectable power play. They go on fluky hot streaks that are unsustainable but ultimately have always sucked and will always suck.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Living with Glass on the 4th line, which essentially cripples that line, is okay when you're winning. Moore and Stoll actually found some good positions tonight but practically had 4 skaters on the ice to work with.

Brassard started out well but got more and more stupid as the game went on. Hayes was awful. I thought Stalberg was pretty good, for the most part. Lindberg was seriously underused, he only had 6 seconds more TOI than Glass did.

In a lot of ways we were unlucky. If McIlrath or Zuccarello didn't hit metal the outcome might've been different. Hutchinson was also very good. Blowing all of those power play chances, though, isn't bad luck, it's criminal.

Not concerned too much with our even strength play. Special teams we need a serious looking over. It flat out sucks.

A good summary - I felt that we had bad luck as well. It blows to get a goal against us on our PP in the 2nd period - it was the momentum swing Peg waited for and their goalie was top notch, or our finishing was abysmal.
Anyway, cu all in two days!

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Need a trigger-man. Everyone who plays on our PP is there because they can hold onto the puck and move it. Then Arniel gets mad at them for playing patient and waiting for the lane?

Need a one-time shoot-first think later right handed shot. Been saying it since June. Still need it.

Brassard and Stoll. Both have excellent one-timers, and quite frankly, Stoll has played well enough that he should get a few more looks from AV

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Bad luck killed us tonight, could've won the game if we had a little luck. Still it was not a great performance, just that it was salvageable with some luck.

Why anyone thinks Klein can play on the pp is beyond me, I'd argue Girardi is better on the pp. Klein has goals, yes. He had a career year with a high shooting pct. that doesn't mean he's a good offensive player. AV is not dumb for keeping him off the PP, that's the right move. He's just not great with moving the puck the way we do on the pp.

Winnipeg is a dirty as **** team. Nash next to the net and gets cross checked to the ribs literally 8 times in 5 seconds.

McDonagh and Girardi need to stop screening Hank.

Overall this game was just sloppy sloppy sloppy. Lots of over skating the puck, fanning on shots and trying to pass too much.

Yandle looked great, our best D man by far. Zucc was good, Miller was good. Nash was okay, Brass was okay but those two with bad penalties killed us.

Btw, where is Chris Kreider. He's basically done nothing all season aside from toe dragging Hjarlmarson and missing the net, and concussing Wennberg on CBJ. His disappearing act is in full swing.

Not jumping off a ledge or anything, those are just my observations.

This x 4293409230492380349832

The Rangers D, entirely are AWFUL in front of Hank. Putrid.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
This is Vigneault's plan all along for Glass and while it's a conspiracy, I am convinced. He wanted to take Lindberg out heading into the season but Oscar scored 4 in three and had a goal streak and it would have been impossible to take him out without drawing fire. Then he takes one of our best bottom six guys out in place for Glass in the name of toughness for Glass. Now that Glass is in, the carousel has to keep spinning because he knows he can't bench guys for too long especially when they've done nothing to deserve it. Yet, he doesn't want to take Glass out so he's going to set Lindberg up by not giving him ice time and then taking Lindberg out for Fast citing some learning curve thing with Lindberg and all the while, Tanner Glass is in the line up providing nothing except the comforting notion of toughness and a team guy.

There will definitely be a carousel of players sitting for Glass this year. Last year you had Fast, Miller, Stempniak, Hayes (only once or twice), Sheppard.

This year I expect Fast, Lindberg, Etem, maybe Stalberg, maybe Miller, maybe Stoll for a game or two. But Glass will stay in no matter what and whatever line he is on will suffer.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Brassard and Stoll. Both have excellent one-timers, and quite frankly, Stoll has played well enough that he should get a few more looks from AV

I don't know how good Brassard's one-time is. He has a great slapshot if he has some time to line it up. The accuracy is choice. I don't know about Stoll's one-timer, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad