1666493099211.png

OFFICIAL THREE STARS:
1. Farabee
2. Hart'
3. Hayes

Last edited:

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Winning games they shouldn’t be, happy some young guys are showing well. Their talent level will eventually show up and they’ll be a bottom 10 team. (which we need for a bright future) For now they should be happy they’re not bending over and getting smacked around each game

Last edited:

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Hart is mvp of league first 5 games.
Good to see Joel get his mojo back.
Sanheim I'll give a pass.
The rest of the team the first 2 period was one big pile of s***. Hayes Frost Cates Provorov you name them. DUNG!
But if a player get into a fight and flyers score next then all is well.
Saros gave up a bad rebound goal 2 and goal 3 was mr softee.

Charlie Brown time. Over and over fans gets fooled and miss kicking the football because Hart is covering a multitude of sins.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
I don't know how to feel.

I'm happy with Hart and the win, but I'm not happy for the future me who has to watch these awful games for years to come.
this is the main issue and reason why alot of posters here, including myself, are so sour. a good start like this is what is thrown at our faces when they are 15 under .500 . mid season pressers where we are told things like we are in a good spot, agressiveness, and all the other shit. funny thing is we WILL hear it all again despite the fact torts has been saying we are not going to be a playoff team.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
That was an extremely difficult beginning of the season three-game road-trip for a team predicted to be among the worst in the league, learning a new coach & system, & missing their #1C, 2nd & 3rd line RWs, & a 2nd pair D.

Terrific outcome given the circumstances. Those acting like the Flyers should be condemned for not outplaying Tampa, Florida, & Nashville on the road under these circumstances are being ridiculous.

They weren’t going to outplay those teams. To win 2/3 they were going to have to battle hard, win ugly, & get good goaltending, & they did.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I'll watch this in the morning and, while in the short term this is ruining what should be a lottery contender for a top 3 pick, I am actually really happy that Hart isn't shitting his pants this season so far.

He's the best goalie they've had since Lindbergh and I was worried he was already ruined.

They're still going to miss the playoffs and I hope they pick in the top ~7 where they'll get a franchise talent from this draft.

Hart can't keep this up forever, but I feel much better with him playing like this than not being able to put up back up numbers from the 1980s....

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'll watch this in the morning and, while in the short term this is ruining what should be a lottery contender for a top 3 pick, I am actually really happy that Hart isn't shitting his pants this season so far.

He's the best goalie they've had since Lindbergh and I was worried he was already ruined.

They're still going to miss the playoffs and I hope they pick in the top ~7 where they'll get a franchise talent from this draft.

Hart can't keep this up forever, but I feel much better with him playing like this than not being able to put up back up numbers from the 1980s....

But they won’t even credit Hart in proper measure. You’ll have to hear NBCSP talk about the defensive structure in front, while trying not to gag. Ditto management.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Kevin Hayes has 8 points in 5 games & we’ve got posters claiming he’s the worst/one of the worst forwards on the team.

Carter Hart is playing like a Vezina winner & we’ve got posters upset about it and wanting to trade him.

Can’t make this stuff up.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
A lot of our problems is on the faceoffs . We won 20 percent or so and are worst in the league in that . We are starting most of our shifts chasing to get the puck instead of controlling it right off the bat .

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
But they won’t even credit Hart in proper measure. You’ll have to hear NBCSP talk about the defensive structure in front, while trying not to gag. Ditto management.
I share these concerns about management and I guess the broadcasters of the Flyers have been the mouthpieces of the organization for a long time now, but I couldn't care less what opinions JJ, Jones, the beats, the podcasters, the twitter warriors, etc., have about any player on the Flyers.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Really a great play by farabee on the Hayes goal. On his own goal he was flying and I'm here for it! Props to the Nashville plugger for holding delos head up so he didn't wack it when he fell. Liked seeing z get some time with provy glad to see him get a point too. Macewen on a two game point streak I think Judas has frost bite. I will say I like having him out there with frost and I repeat I'd like to see what frost could do with a legit power forward because Mac does a decent job creating space and frost can really make that count with his passing and puck skills. Seeler doing anything he can to show value. He'll never be good but sucking at full speed is what I'm looking for and the effort is there. Sevlak seems made to order on that front does he come from the Hartnell skating school?

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
7 of Hayes' 8 points are assists and he has an on-ice shooting % of 18.33% :laugh:

His scoring is a fluke. He's playing like shit.

Fletcher fanboys are so desperate to find something to praise, they have to praise the clearly unworthy.

I'd be willing to bet the scoring of anyone playing with him continues to be lowered too, offsetting his own production.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
A lot of our problems is on the faceoffs . We won 20 percent or so and are worst in the league in that . We are starting most of our shifts chasing to get the puck instead of controlling it right off the bat .
If you look deeper into the numbers, this is a huge issue. I agree with this. Obviously, loss of Giroux and Couturier is huge in this - as well as the young-ish ness down the middle with Cates and Frost. Generally, younger players struggle with face-offs as it's really about who 'cheats the best.' This gets better with experience, and can swing shots and xGF by quite a few % points just by this alone.

This is what I've been observing as well - the Flyers are doing ok in transition, but they lose both defensive and offensive zone draws at alarming rates: creating xGF for opponents in the d-zone, and limiting xGF in the O zone for the Flyers as opponents get easy outs. I think it's a much bigger problem and contributing factor to the poor metrics we've had so far than people want to believe.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I'll hop in between the factions here, because it's where I belong.

Positionally and defensively, Hayes is playing like shit.

With the puck in the offensive zone or in, let's say, advanced transition (as in, already moving in the right direction through the neutral zone) he is the best I have ever seen him.

He's making a lot of subtle short passes that perpetuate pressure in ways that they would not have in the past. Of course he'll still sit on some pucks too long, but he's actually making better decisions faster and trusting his linemates more. And, in turn, his linemates are where they ought to be more than they had been in previous seasons. This is especially true on the power play, where he has been a highly-effective facillitator.

Hayes is not my favorite player by a long stretch. But I don't know what you're looking at if you don't see how much more effectively he is operating in the opponent's zone and at their blue line.

This whole thing is with a big asterisk, obviously, because I don't believe this team is actually 4-1-0 or anything that looks semi-decent is sustainable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad