GDT: #4:FLYERS 7 at Senators 4, Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018, 7:30 p.m. ET

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Boruk is on now talking about defense being the problem. Except he thinks the issue is Folin being a down grade from Manning and Ghost and Provy playing bad. No mention of amac or hagg.

I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

Why are you picking on Hagg? Given he's had to play with AMac, he's done pretty well so far!

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
This team has plenty of speed and skill. The coach just doesn’t use them effectively.

Dump ins absolutely neuter skill. They’re sloppy and don’t guarantee sustained pressure. The team looks a lot slower when defending the rush because the D doesn’t challenge entries.

Instead of whining about how UNSKILLED and SLOW the team is, pay attention to how the system discourages creativity and clean entries into the offensive zone.

There’s also the problem of the coach pasting some of his fastest and most skilled players to the bench just because they’re young. He needs scapegoats because he’s a cement block that crumbles under pressure and shows no ability to adapt to unique situations.

I swear to f***. If I see another “this team is slow” post, I will go over to Striikers home and make him go to bed at 6

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Gordon probably isnt the ideal option, but he at least knows what we have with the kids. he has seen them every night. If he was given the job during the season, I would be ok with it. At least his style they push the pace and play fast right?

They would do even worse probably. Hakstol is a dumbass but he has NHL systems. Gordon has his players play pond hockey. It barely works (or doesn’t) at that level against good teams. On some crude level it would be entertaining, but we might end up closer to the Islanders from last year than actually good.

Even if they fire the coach, they have put themselves in a situation where it’s the same assistant coaches for the season. You rarely see assistants fired during the season. They’ve also put themselves in a situation where their AHL coach has no upwards mobility capability. Ideally.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Gordon probably isnt the ideal option, but he at least knows what we have with the kids. he has seen them every night. If he was given the job during the season, I would be ok with it. At least his style they push the pace and play fast right?

Yep...Gordon pushes the play now and then because he has a few players that can do it....the Kase/ Rubstov combo last weekend is what I wish the Flyers could do. Fast and fancy . Undress the D-man so he looks silly in his birthday suit.......

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Rewatching the first period of last night. Few things.
Anyone who says we lost board battles is a blind Pejorative Slur. With a Mac as the lone exception. Sanhiem looked great no reason he should have been moved to play with Mac. The second goal was totally on hagg and amac. The first goal was weak AF.

I am shocked. At some of the hot takes. Hak blaming the over aggressive play of young kids is mind boggling on the first goal. Patrick’s line and ghost provy out there come on hak. Biggest five hole target ever.

Every time Mac touch the puck in the ozone it was wildly thrown in deep to a corner where there was no flyer turn over and retreat

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You’re a wiseass whipper snapper
Ok that’s fair but what is mean is how the hell did I get included in that post? I was over here being a good noodle and all of a sudden I’m being threatened with an early bed time.

Can we wait until I earn a punishment? Don’t worry, it’s not like you’d have to wait long. :laugh:

Reactions: Chinatown88

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
This team has plenty of speed and skill. The coach just doesn’t use them effectively.

Dump ins absolutely neuter skill. They’re sloppy and don’t guarantee sustained pressure. The team looks a lot slower when defending the rush because the D doesn’t challenge entries.

Instead of whining about how UNSKILLED and SLOW the team is, pay attention to how the system discourages creativity and clean entries into the offensive zone.

There’s also the problem of the coach pasting some of his fastest and most skilled players to the bench just because they’re young. He needs scapegoats because he’s a cement block that crumbles under pressure and shows no ability to adapt to unique situations.

I swear to ****. If I see another “this team is slow” post, I will go over to Striikers home and make him go to bed at 6
Actually two defenders don’t. Hagg and amac the others do.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I swear to ****. If I see another “this team is slow” post, I will go over to Striikers home and make him go to bed at 6

If you wanna get really annoyed, watch how they switch from controlled entry to more frequent dump-ins when they're playing not to lose. They f***ing did it last night. LAST NIGHT, they made the switch, in the 1st damned period.

Knob is all about controlled entry and when he was brought in there was a noticeable increase, yet when it comes time for Drum Hunchstool to "protect" the game it's severely curtailed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad