GDT: #4:FLYERS 7 at Senators 4, Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018, 7:30 p.m. ET

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
Or how about we just don't panic?

We've played three excellent teams so far. One cup finalist and two likely conference finalists this year.

It's an 82 game season and it's too soon for drastic changes.
playing our good players instead of bad players isnt panicking

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What's frustrating is this rash of injuries at the beginning of the season, disrupting chemistry.
And what's worse, it's not like the kids in the AHL have a few months of work under their belts.
If this was January, it would be a good opportunity to see how much progress Rubtsov had made.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
What's frustrating is this rash of injuries at the beginning of the season, disrupting chemistry.
And what's worse, it's not like the kids in the AHL have a few months of work under their belts.
If this was January, it would be a good opportunity to see how much progress Rubtsov had made.

*deadhaiku*

Mike1167

Jun 25, 2018
Erie, Pennsylvania
He has been so bad that I wonder if some it is financial, that the new guys in charge after Snider don’t want the organization to waste money anymore. So guys like Lehtera and MacDonald have to play.

I am just trying to find any other reason except that the coach and organization really think he is a good player. Because if I except that, my hope for the future takes a giant hit.

It's like MacDonald has a lifetime contract or something. My God, he can't go away soon enough.

Last edited:

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
playing our good players instead of bad players isnt panicking

It’s not as black and white as that. To play devils advocate they clearly feel that letting Myers, Frost, Hart and the rest simmer in the juniors or AHL is best for their development - and who here is in a position to say they’re wrong?

Lehtera, Filpulla, Manning, VDV, Weise....they’re all temporary, bandaids to fill the spot whilst the real talent is prepared.

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
It’s not as black and white as that. To play devils advocate they clearly feel that letting Myers, Frost, Hart and the rest simmer in the juniors or AHL is best for their development - and who here is in a position to say they’re wrong?

Lehtera, Filpulla, Manning, VDV, Weise....they’re all temporary, bandaids to fill the spot whilst the real talent is prepared.

Keep telling yourself that

Reactions: Ruck Over

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

I love how so many fans blame these band-aides as if they are the reason for a .500 team while refusing to acknowledge that a 0 point, -5 second line center; a 0 goal, 1 assist top 6 winger; an alleged #1 defenseman who is -3 and only has 2 SOG in 4 games despite playing 24 minutes a night; and their hero young defenseman with 1 point in 4 games.

MacDonald's been awful, yes. But he's certainly a whipping boy for some who aren't willing to blame others, as well.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I love how so many fans blame these band-aides as if they are the reason for a .500 team while refusing to acknowledge that a 0 point, -5 second line center; a 0 goal, 1 assist top 6 winger; an alleged #1 defenseman who is -3 and only has 2 SOG in 4 games despite playing 24 minutes a night; and their hero young defenseman with 1 point in 4 games.

MacDonald's been awful, yes. But he's certainly a whipping boy for some who aren't willing to blame others, as well.
We are 4 games in. The good players will come around because they have a track record of dominance in the past.

People have patience with Ghost, etc because theyre gamebreakers and we cna bank on them to put in work at some point this season.

The bandaids are just that and nothing more. At best they dont hurt you and their respective track records speak to that.

Reactions: Striiker

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
We are 4 games in. The good players will come around because they have a track record of dominance in the past.

People have patience with Ghost, etc because theyre gamebreakers and we cna bank on them to put in work at some point this season.

The bandaids are just that and nothing more. At best they dont hurt you and their respective track records speak to that.

I mostly agree, and three of the four teams they've faced are among the very best teams in the league.

But it gets old when people harp on MacDonald, Lehtera, and Hagg (you legitimately have people beating on Hagg as if he's a reason they're 2-2, while he's given the team in four games more than you could ever expect for a 5th defenseman, while these same people refuse to admit Patrick, Provorov, and Konecny were huge letdowns). Very disingenuous.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yikes, once again the bias is overwhelming.

Defend trash that Hak loves, bash young guys who are underused (+/- hahahahah).

Why is honesty so difficult for some?

#HakstolDevotionSyndrome strikes again

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Don't think it has much to do with Hakstol.

Every team is carried by a handful of stars (or they wouldn't be stars).
If your stars aren't pulling the load, blaming scrubs for being scrubs is silly.

Of course it should even out (or it's time to dump some of your so-called "stars").

As the AHL prospects showed last night, they're not quite ready for prime-time.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Yikes, once again the bias is overwhelming.

Defend trash that Hak loves, bash young guys who are underused (+/- hahahahah).

Why is honesty so difficult for some?

#HakstolDevotionSyndrome strikes again

Simple question: Do you think Patrick has played so far this season like a second line center that is capable of winning a playoff round?

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

It’s a little bit early to call them a 500 team isn’t it? Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad