GDT: #4:FLYERS 7 at Senators 4, Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018, 7:30 p.m. ET

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
With this forward group and if Elliot and pickard can be rotated like normal goalies this team could win a playoff game. We just need a good top 4 D group which is why a lot of people were hoping for Myers to have a great camp. If the Flyers struggle and they don't bring up Myers or Friedman I can see them splitting up Provy and Ghost to make two more equal pairings instead of one really good one.

are you kidding me?

with this ahl d besides provy and ghost we will lucky to get in the playoffs and letting in goals against an ahl team, that's really not a good sign.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
God forbid Hextall make a trade to upgrade on D.

You can spin this any way you want, but we have a coach who loves a ****ty player. He views him as a top 3 Dman. That's an issue. The eye test show it. The stats show it. No reason to deny it....let alone DEFEND it.

Well a lot of people would be very upset if they traded for another D to upgrade it and pass over for the second pair of (Sanheim / Myers). If the right defender did come along I'm all for it. I'm tired of seeing this dumpster fire of a defense.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Well a lot of people would be very upset if they traded for another D to upgrade it and pass over for the second pair of (Sanheim / Myers). If the right defender did come along I'm all for it. I'm tired of seeing this dumpster fire of a defense.
The big issue is Hakstol. Even is Hextall found an upgrade at D, HAKSTOL would play AMac. Oh Wait...that's HEXTALL'S issue too.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
The big issue is Hakstol. Even is Hextall found an upgrade at D, HAKSTOL would play AMac. Oh Wait...that's HEXTALL'S issue too.

Hakstol and Andrew MacDonald need to both be given walking papers but perhaps all three of them are going to go? I think at this point MacDonald is movable without giving up too much or anything if they retain 50% for two years.

Reactions: wufuhimself

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
AMac is playing for the same reason Filppula played last year, Hextall couldn't upgrade without giving a big money, long-term deal to someone in free agency, and he didn't want to block the young defensemen next year. He was hoping to get one more season out of AMac.

The alternatives are Folin or force feed Myers/Friedman.
Hextall doesn't want to rush the two young defensemen because neither showed they were NHL ready in preseason.

So they'll go with AMac for a couple more weeks, hope he gets his game legs back (he did look better after the 1st period last night) and can give them at least a decent half season or more until the two kids are deemed ready.

Dude, AMac doesn't have game legs. He is seriously a detriment to this team.

Reactions: BernieParent

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Anyone who defends hoe AMac has played, is an ******* and a suck up. If that's Bill M., oh well. You have become a labia.

Lehtera has been good so far this season. Let's give him the credit he deserves. Hagg has also been fine. It's not shocking, but EVERY Dman that gets paired with AMac, the pairing starts getting torched. He IS the issue.

Unfortunately, we have a coach and GM who think he is THE ANSWER.

Man I wish I could be there when @Striiker says labia in front of his parents

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Honestly man, if you are watching these games you can't miss that AMac AGAIN and AGAIN makes bad passes, makes stupid plays, and flubs the easiest defensive plays. He is not helping us at all. I can't remember the last time I thought, wow that was a good play, or even a decent play. I shake my f***ing head every time he has possession, or loses it.

Look at what Ottawa got by letting Lajoie do his thing at 20 years old. Look at what happened when we let Provorov play his game. Sure he made mistakes but what is he now? Our best defensemen.

I'm sure Myers, who is touted as a top 50 prospect could adapt to play at the NHL level. There is a reason he is talked about. He's gonna make mistakes, but the alternative is suffering and watching the 5 million dollar man f*** up every single night.

I feel bad for every single player that has to be paired up with this clown. He needs to be demoted to the AHL, and live out the rest of his contract there. Nobody in their right mind would accept a trade for him. NYI fans have been saying since DAY 1 that is he not good.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ

This is 100% accurate. I feel certain that if given an actual shot in the NHL, Myers would be better than MacDonald. Problem is - we give the kids a handful of games then send them down but give MacDonald entire seasons to suck. Last year his average ES minutes was HIGHER than Ghost! Higher! As though he's a number 2 or 3 on this team or any team.

Reactions: Tripod

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

-Shin snipe after decent OZ time
-Gets a gift turnover on a broken stick
-Passes directly into two oncoming forecheckers
-Turnover
-Falls down
-Late to see Tkachuk
-Takes penalty

Wow that’s as bad as it gets. And he has one of these every game. At least.

Patrick will be fine. He needs to get going, but he will be ok. The way he ended the year last year and in the playoffs, he’s for real. Pettersson is for real but he has 3 pts on then PP where Patrick doesn’t have much of a shot at ice time there and is playing with the second unit. Plus Pettersson isn’t scoring close to 200 pts this year like he would be projected for.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
9EC85A3E-DC08-4EAC-8076-8120DA57E14E.jpeg
4EE93334-0B0D-4064-845C-B751189D72E0.jpeg
54261B77-7D08-4472-A54F-9D38364E337B.jpeg
I think our team needs a tough guy. Someone like Ghoulborne should be our extra forward. There are too many games I’ve seen guys take runs at Lindblom, Sanheim, Ghost, and no one does anything about it.

Also, I know I’m going to take heat for this, but when we had rinaldo on our team, he got the crowd fired up, and the team fired up. Which made us better.

Point is , if we are going to carry so many extra useless forwards, why not make one of them a guy that can put fear into the other team. Like Tom Wilson, or Miles Wood.

Yes, the Flyers definitely need more of this:

- First Graphic per Corsica
- 2nd Graphic (#’s are Percentiles) per evolving-hockey.com: Even-Strength Regularized Adjusted Plus-Minus with GF, xGF, CF, xGA, & CA as the components
- 3rd Graphic: Manual Tracking Data Per Corey Sznajder (@ShutdownLine on twitter)

Dude’s not an NHL talent and the concept of player “protection” has always been a B.S. narrative. Even in the era of enforcers, skill players were still targeted. This fear factor doesn’t make up for a total lack of being unable to complete a pass or a shot at the NHL level. Skating fast and hitting people really doesn’t do much for me if you can’t do the basic fundamentals of hockey well.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's just really frustrating to see other young Dmen that you know are not as good as Sanheim, get way more icetime. We saw it in Lajioe last night. Noah Juulsen is averaging over 20 minutes a night. The list goes on and on.

If your D is going to make mistakes, let it be from the kids who can learn from it as opposed to those who have no future with us.

But sadly, we live in a world where Sanheim gets benched in a 6-4 game. A game where he was good and on for ZERO goals against...until AMac was thrown in as his D partner.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
View attachment 145833 View attachment 145831 View attachment 145825

Yes, the Flyers definitely need more of this:

- First Graphic per Corsica
- 2nd Graphic (#’s are Percentiles) per evolving-hockey.com: Even-Strength Regularized Adjusted Plus-Minus with GF, xGF, CF, xGA, & CA as the components
- 3rd Graphic: Manual Tracking Data Per Corey Sznajder (@ShutdownLine on twitter)

Dude’s not an NHL talent and the concept of player “protection” has always been a B.S. narrative. Even in the era of enforcers, skill players were still targeted. This fear factor doesn’t make up for a total lack of being unable to complete a pass or a shot at the NHL level. Skating fast and hitting people really doesn’t do much for me if you can’t do the basic fundamentals of hockey well.

*of being able*

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Look at what Ottawa got by letting Lajoie do his thing at 20 years old. Look at what happened when we let Provorov play his game. Sure he made mistakes but what is he now? Our best defensemen.

Provorov had an exceptional hockey IQ.

If you watched Lajoie and Sanheim, it's obvious Lajoie is far more advanced, not surprising, since his reputation was as a defensively responsible defenseman, his offense was the surprise.

Prospects develop at different rates, you can't cookie cutter them just because you want them to replace your most hated players.

If Hextall were to replace AMac, my suspicion is he'd go for a defenseman like Elder on Vancouver, in the last year of his contract, and trade for him as a rental if the price wasn't too stiff. He didn't want to block his young defensemen by giving a 4 year deal to the few good defensemen available in FA (De Haan, 4yr $17M, Ian Cole $4 yr $16M), so I doubt he'd trade for anyone who has a lot of years left on their deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad