Post-Game Talk: #4| Florida Panthers @ New York Islanders | August 7th | 12:00 PM | F/W 5-1

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Gah, I f***ing forgot to record the game! DAMMIT! Stupid 11 AM (Central) start times.... Hey, at least they won! Now on to the actual playoffs lol

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Just finished watching, great team effort.

Hope when the “real” playoffs start we do 7 or 10 pm games. These weekday day games suck
Me too, but I have a feeling we will still get the shaft. 4 different series will still be going on in Toronto. Unless teams get 3 days off in between games, I’m sure 2 out of the 4 series will start earlier or be late games...like 10 PM start times

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
It’s great to win a playoff series and advance to the first round.

*** Credit to Angelsmith for the humor I found in the post.. LGI

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
In order to go far we need more contribution from the top line. Barzal got going today and had his best game in long time.

I am pleased to see Pageau contributing but we can't rely on secondary scoring to get us through (looking at you Lee)

Hoping Boychuk is ok and able to play sooner than later.
Even though he didn't score I like how Lee played in this series. He was always in good position against a pretty decent sized team particularly on the PP. Had a couple of good chances but never lifted the puck.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Even though he didn't score I like how Lee played in this series. He was always in good position against a pretty decent sized team particularly on the PP. Had a couple of good chances but never lifted the puck.

I didn't like his game for the first three, but his game yesterday was closer to what I expect. He had a number of good opportunities and that's all I'm really looking for from him. They'll start to go in if he's getting those types of chances.

Reactions: Duanesutter12

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Well either way that should help our chances for a game time besides noon
Not so sure, still 8 teams in the playoffs, just like qualifying round. I’d still expect 3 games a day. But I have no idea.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Not so sure, still 8 teams in the playoffs, just like qualifying round. I’d still expect 3 games a day. But I have no idea.

There were 12 teams playing per city though in the previous round because of the round robin. It should help spread things out a little bit at least.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
I’m more focused on the fact that we’ll no longer be in a series featuring 2 of the lowest drawing teams in the league.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
There were 12 teams playing per city though in the previous round because of the round robin. It should help spread things out a little bit at least.
Maybe 2 games a day, then? 4pm and 8pm?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Maybe 2 games a day, then? 4pm and 8pm?

I'm not sure how they planned for this next bit to go. Is it similar to the regular playoff schedule where teams might get two days off or are they still trying to condense this and get it over with quickly?

4pm is a lot better than noon to me though, that requires cutting out of work a little early as compared to calling out the whole day. :laugh:

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
It's interesting to see everyone's preference for game times based around their schedules. For me it's the night game which I can watch live here in Hong Kong or the noon game which is easy to watch the replay in game center when I wake up. If it's 4:00 the game may still be in progress and I'll have a hard time not finding the score between messages on my phone or general internet browsing. Oh the joys of Covid:laugh:

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I’m more focused on the fact that we’ll no longer be in a series featuring 2 of the lowest drawing teams in the league.

all series so far have drawn the exact same totals. Don’t be so focused on nonsense . Our team won another series and that is fantastic . I’m focused on which remaining team will draw the New York Islanders not the other way around . We can run this thing . We had the streak earlier and our team is pretty sharp right now . Exciting days ahead for our team ..LGI

Reactions: frankieboy and TMI

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
all series so far have drawn the exact same totals. Don’t be so focused on nonsense . Our team won another series and that is fantastic . I’m focused on which remaining team will draw the New York Islanders not the other way around . We can run this thing . We had the streak earlier and our team is pretty sharp right now . Exciting days ahead for our team ..LGI
Nonsense? We got 3 noon starts. There’s 0% chance the league gives the caps or bruins 3 noon games. This is a good thing if we actually want to have a chance to watch a game at a decent hour instead of during the work day.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad