Post-Game Talk: #4| Florida Panthers @ New York Islanders | August 7th | 12:00 PM | F/W 5-1

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Game 2

Mike Matheson high sticked him and got the $2500 fine for it.

Oh. That was from the Matheson high stick? I didn't see Brock's face in game 3, but man....Really could've been horrible. It's right on his eye.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Hey GrandmaSlice, have a cool beverage tonight, enjoy the post season. We will have a chance to see more incompetent reffing next rd. This is for certain now.

I know, I know. May sink my teeth into a corner slice tonight and wash it down with something. I don't do much alcohol. My adrenals are taxed now from this game. Adapting to quarantine life, nothing like "working from home" or in the case of this morning, responding to e-mail in sweatpants while Beau tears it up.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
looked up tiebreakers so believe that it is correct to say that:

If Pittsburgh wins their series we play the winner of Boston/Washington round robin game (OT win by Boston would still give them higher seed based on tiebreaker being regular season pts pct)

If Pittsburgh loses their series we play the loser of TBL/Flyers.

As much as I'd like to play the Capitals, I'm not taking the chance of playing the Bruins...So go Canadiens.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I know, I know. May sink my teeth into a corner slice tonight and wash it down with something. I don't do much alcohol. My adrenals are taxed now from this game. Adapting to quarantine life, nothing like "working from home" or in the case of this morning, responding to e-mail in sweatpants while Beau tears it up.
I was thinking bubble tea, not beer. lol

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I follow everything about the NYI and still dont get the lobster thing

Ha. Me too. Not only that, but I also don't get "My heart will go on" or "Cowlick" when Tavares was here.

I looked up the lobster thing and well here you go...

https://www.nysportsday.com/2020/01/22/schwartz-islanders-rocking-the-dancing-lobsters-with-every-win/#:~:text=Schwartz%3A%20Islanders%20Rocking%20The%20Dancing%20Lobsters%20With%20Every%20Win,-By%20Peter%20Schwartz&text=During%20the%20Islanders'%2017%20game,a%20lobster%20on%20Long%20Island.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Are you shitting me???

Have you seen us against the Habs at any time in the last 2 years?

You do realize that to play the Canadiens it would be in the Eastern Conference finals?

Plus who ever roots for the Penguins?

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
As much as I'd like to play the Capitals, I'm not taking the chance of playing the Bruins...So go Canadiens.

I had it backwards the first time.. we only have a chance to play the Bruins if the Canadians win and we are the 6th seed and boston the 3rd.. If Pittsburgh wins we will be the 7th seed and play the 2nd seed which will be the loser of TBL and Phily. Sorry for the typo.

Reactions: periferal

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
You do realize that to play the Canadiens it would be in the Eastern Conference finals?

Plus who ever roots for the Penguins?
The Habs skate on us like we were traffic cones on the Arbour rink at Northwell.

I don't care when the matchup would happen.

Canadiens---HARD PASS.

KidThatWonTheCalder

Artist Formerly Known as IslesandHawks
Jun 16, 2011
Ah. Well that makes sense.

You should also be furious with Panarin for choosing the rangers. For both obvious reasons and because if they signed him also less of a chance they resign Lee.
Oh, trust me, I am. He’s watching the rest of the playoffs from the same spot I am, though.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Are you shitting me???

Have you seen us against the Habs at any time in the last 2 years?

hes hoping the canadiens polish off pitt tonight. no chance we play mtl at all next round, we will be playing a round robin team

extremely doubt montreal would win another round

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I follow everything about the NYI and still dont get the lobster thing
It’s from The Amanda Show that aired from 99-02. She would parody Judge Judy and after the court was adjourned a bunch of dancing lobsters would run in.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
hes hoping the canadiens polish off pitt tonight. no chance we play mtl at all next round, we will be playing a round robin team

extremely doubt montreal would win another round
Believe me, our lives would be better off if the Habs were eliminated by the Pens.

I get it about the Penguins and I always like to take a shot at them in the playoffs, but if you think we would fare well against Montreal you just haven't been paying attention. We've lost to the Habs a lot, and the losses were ugly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad