Post-Game Talk: 4-Feb-2014 OTT @ STL

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
That was a great comeback. But I can't help but think that the glaring difference, among others, was Lehner vs that bum. St. Louis desperately needs a goaltender. I think every Ottawa shooter beat him in the shoot out.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Nice to rustle some jimmies.

Not getting all the hype on Pietrangelo.

He must be a great penalty killer, probably why we didn't see that much of him ;)

I've noticed that most of this season where Ottawa has played a team with one of the elite D, Karlsson really shines. Not taking anything away from those players and yes, Karlsson still tries something crazy that makes you cringe for a moment, but he also shows he's on a different level than everyone else in the league.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not really sure why people on this board are obsessed with Pietrangelo.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I used to think the Blues were cool, but after this game I learned that crime just doesn't pay

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Nice to rustle some jimmies.

Not getting all the hype on Pietrangelo.

He's very solid in all facets of the game but he's not a game breaker from what I've seen. I think he is massively overrated on the main boards simply because he doesn't really make many mistakes, but he doesn't produce 1/4 of the amount of offense Karlsson does either. I'll take the increased risk and the massively increased offense of EK every day.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
He's very solid in all facets of the game but he's not a game breaker from what I've seen. I think he is massively overrated on the main boards simply because he doesn't really make many mistakes, but he doesn't produce 1/4 of the amount of offense Karlsson does either. I'll take the increased risk and the massively increased offense of EK every day.

And that Karlsson is just infinitely more fun to watch. It doesn't always get you wins, but there has to be something said for entertainment value.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
So what really happened to get everyone all riled up about the Blues? Was only able to catch the last half of the third onwards.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Can someone throw up some GIF's of bad calls ? I didn't see the game, and am not getting a flavour for what happened from the TV highlights.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
It's such a weird game sometimes...

The Sens get run out of Toronto in the 3rd period, then go on to take 3 of 4 points against two of the league's best teams.

Toronto travels to Florida and gets embarrassed.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
So what really happened to get everyone all riled up about the Blues? Was only able to catch the last half of the third onwards.

They went after Smith at the very start of the game, almost caught Methot with a dirty hit, bullied the Turris line throughout the game with their big guys (real tough guys eh?) and somehow we got called for doing the same to them. Not to mention their big guys had absolutely no response when Neil got in their faces.

For example: Backes got hit by Neil, proceeds to skate down ice and try to get at Turris because he's mad.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
It's such a weird game sometimes...

The Sens get run out of Toronto in the 3rd period, then go on to take 3 of 4 points against two of the league's best teams.

Toronto travels to Florida and gets embarrassed.

We are ridiculously bad against the Leafs and have been for the past two seasons. I'm willing to write that off. As for the other games, we've generally been solid the last 2 months. Unfortunately the East has fired up and just being solid won't be good enough.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
They went after Smith at the very start of the game, almost caught Methot with a dirty hit, bullied the Turris line throughout the game with their big guys (real tough guys eh?) and somehow we got called for doing the same to them. Not to mention their big guys had absolutely no response when Neil got in their faces.

For example: Backes got hit by Neil, proceeds to skate down ice and try to get at Turris because he's mad.

it's not entirely clear but one of the blues fans put up video of the latter incident

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Did anyone tally up the total power play time? I believe Ottawa had 35 seconds total what was STL' totals? Guess the ref hate is because we had the ignorance to complain about a hit from behind that cost us a game...this league I tell ya

The Fuhr*

Who would you rather have between both?

Karlsson easy... His skating is unmatched... His defense will improve significantly as well... He's just approaching the 300 game mark now when a D comes into his own.

Karlsson at his peak is the best player in the game

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
I have not read the thread so I dont know if you guys discussed it.

Between the 2nd and 3rd Karlsson was interviewed on TV and he made a comment that the Sens were the victims of some bad calls during the interview.

Can he be fined for calling out an official like that?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I have not read the thread so I dont know if you guys discussed it.

Between the 2nd and 3rd Karlsson was interviewed on TV and he made a comment that the Sens were the victims of some bad calls during the interview.

Can he be fined for calling out an official like that?

Yep. He can and, realistically, probably will. I'm sure he doesn't regret it though.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
Just throwing it out there.

EK, on pace for 76 pts, 1:46 SHTOI/G, 4:10 PPTOI/G, 27:21 TOI/G
AP, on pace for 58 pts, 3:15 SHTOI/G, 2:57 PPTOI/G, 25:22 TOI/G

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Interesting to see how Mac is really leaning on our top four (Karlsson 29:30, Cowen 28:26, Gryba 25:38, Methot 24:54) and sheltering Wiercioch (10:45) / Ceci (11:16)

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Not really sure why people on this board are obsessed with Pietrangelo.

I would thoroughly enjoy him on this team.

Just sayin.

When Karl has am average game, or even a good game with a glaring giveaway, other fanbases' reactions are the same toward EK.

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Just throwing it out there.

EK, on pace for 76 pts, 1:46 SHTOI/G, 4:10 PPTOI/G, 27:21 TOI/G
AP, on pace for 58 pts, 3:15 SHTOI/G, 2:57 PPTOI/G, 25:22 TOI/G

Also, and I don't give a **** what anyone says, Ryan Suter does not impress me. I don't get the hype.

And people say Karlsson is overrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad