Post-Game Talk: 4-Feb-2014 OTT @ STL

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
:laugh:

Its funny because Conacher would probably start a line brawl and plays exactly like aragorn preaches but he doesn't like Conacher because of his size.

True that. I have no issue with what Conacher brings. He's drawing penalties, causing trouble, one of the faster Senators, throws his body around. He's the player I wish Greening would turn into. The only thing missing is the scoring. I think he should should watch Gallagher in MTL and do exactly what he does.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Nice to see the issue is getting some coverage. Last night was completely ****ing ridiculous.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
Pretty good analysis by one of the best refs of all time (lol suck it Leafs fans). Although, I would have liked him to mention the missed hooking calls on Greening, and the several missed high-sticking calls. If they would have been called, the reffing wouldn't have appeared to be so one-sided. I really hope Murray has sent along his displeasure about this game, as well as the Kadri non-call but Malkin "penalty" a game later.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Man, your solution to all the problems is line brawls. We don't score enough. Line brawl. We can't play defense. Line brawl. The refs are against us. Line brawl.

No it's not, it was what I thought was required against the Leafs to force the refs into working harder so they got the message they ****ed up. It just seems to me that the reffing against us in particular has been terrible all season long & the other team always seems to get away with **** they call us for. Why is it that we always get more penalties than the other team we are playing? Why wasn't St Louis called for more penalties last night when it was clear they were the aggressors? Doesn't it look one sided to you?

:laugh:

Its funny because Conacher would probably start a line brawl and plays exactly like aragorn preaches but he doesn't like Conacher because of his size.

So the answer is to get a guy who plays like Conacher but is 6'3" & can actually score more, easier said than done. :laugh:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
No it's not, it was what I thought was required against the Leafs to force the refs into working harder so they got the message they ****ed up. It just seems to me that the reffing against us in particular has been terrible all season long & the other team always seems to get away with **** they call us for. Why is it that we always get more penalties than the other team we are playing? Why wasn't St Louis called for more penalties last night when it was clear they were the aggressors? Doesn't it look one sided to you?

I'm not disputing the fact that the refs were one sided, but I don't think a line brawl would accomplish anything.

So the answer is to get a guy who plays like Conacher but is 6'3" & can actually score more, easier said than done. :laugh:

No kidding, but if you are having issues with Conacher then you should be having issues with Greening.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm not disputing the fact that the refs were one sided, but I don't think a line brawl would accomplish anything.

No kidding, but if you are having issues with Conacher then you should be having issues with Greening.
My point was to make those refs work hard for the next 10 minutes trying to break up all the fights. They missed a very dangerous hit, so I thought we should make them work harder as a way to send them a message. I also think standing up for yourself & not backing down at the very least will get you some respect from everyone especially the fans. Remember the Philly brawl or the Buffalo brawl or even last yr's brawl against Montreal, I thought that brawl demoralized the Habs. The other two seemed to have galvanized our team, it may not always work but sometimes I think it may be called for. I thought the Leafs game called for it.

I do have issues with Greening at times but he gets piled on here enough & I think he is much better than either Conacher or Condra but I'm in the minority with that opinion although PM plays Greening more than those two.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
51i8Cuj2alL.jpg

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yep that was me. The last email before his response begins is mine.

Love that he full out said the call on Ryan was complete BS. Wish something had been said about the high-sticking on Spezza and the play when Greening drove to the net though.

Interesting too that it's the TSN cover story on the main site even, not just the NHL section. Nice to see it getting recognition. Maybe we can stop having such an inferiority complex when it comes to media attention now. :laugh:

:handclap:

And a big thumbs up to everyone who wrote in.

It's about time some pressure is put on the refs and the league. Like one of the writers in that article said, the NHL is getting that WWF feel way too often for me (and many other long time fans).

I don't think the league will do anything though. It really feels like they care more about wooing the California big money market, and big tv market in Phoenix and a few of the power players in the league over all else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad