GDT: #4 - || Devils @ Canucks || Tuesday 10/8/13. 10pm est || "Return of the Ginger"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosskarelli

Jun 21, 2007
Florida
Here's what scares the crap out of me...our homegrown guys like Zajac and Henrique have done nothing offensively yet through 4 games. What the hell is gonna happen when our new arrivals go cold for a bit?

Or when fatigue sets in and an already ridiculously slow team gets even slower

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
It's like hot potato in the d and neutral zone.

The team doesn't deserve a win but Schneider sure as **** does. I hope he gets it.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I haven't seen a forward win one puck battle since the first period.

A pass hits them on the stick or the back of their heel - it just doesn't matter it bounces off of them.

I haven't seen any forwards skate hard except for Elias, Jagr and Zubrus who are so damn slow, it doesn't matter.

Wtf Zajac? wtf Henrique? where are you guys? Ryder just scooting around.

RJK

Feb 25, 2010
NC
well, this is what happens when your team loses two of the best wingers in the game. having a line with kovy and parise on it was so valuable, and losing either, much less both, has really hurt us a lot more than we would like to admit, especially this time a year ago.

offense is not the problem on this team. it's the inability to clear the zone, make a break out pass, skate the puck out of dangerous situations. we're scoring enough to win. the defense is god ****ing awful

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Andy Greene, I love him, but he has been **** this whole season. Along with everyone else. We are seeing classic Volch tonight tho, which sucks.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
If they win this game it's close to a miracle these west coast games r tough but we r out classed here. I think we have the players to be more competitive they r just not in the lineup. A slow start to this season may not be the worst thing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Or when fatigue sets in and an already ridiculously slow team gets even slower

That's probably happening now to be honest...four games in six days on both coasts with the old fart brigade playing in all of 'em.

And honestly Vancouver's BETTER than the Devils. At a certain point we have to allow for the possibility maybe the experts were 'right' about us :(

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Just giving the puck away through the neutral zone. This is the kind of second rate team play you see from Edmonton or Florida.

RJK

Feb 25, 2010
NC
offense is not the problem on this team. it's the inability to clear the zone, make a break out pass, skate the puck out of dangerous situations. we're scoring enough to win. the defense is god ****ing awful

in short kovy/parise/clarkson excuse makers can go **** themselves as it's probably the view dedumbass has on why we suck

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
don't think our problems have anything to do with our forward line-up.

defense is the issue. Sure, Parise helped there but add him in here and the score is no different.

Forwards are:
Not getting the puck out of the zone
Missing defensive assignments
Not getting the puck deep.
Not slowing down rushes through the neutral zone.
Not completing passes.

Result - D is hung out to dry. Lots of breakaways, breakdowns, etc...

This is all on the forwards right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad