Prospect Info: 4 Amigos: Ranking your Bruins prospects

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I'm sure there will be some disagreements here. Heck, it wasn't even unanimous among the 4 of us.

This isn't like the other prospect rankings you read where one person looks at every team's prospects and ranks the teams from 1-31. This is a ranking of Bruins prospects only and was done by 4 guys who actually have eyes on the targets. When a decision wasn't unanimous, we discussed/debated for hours and came up with a consensus.

2021 Season Bruins Prospects Ranking- Updated | scoutingpost

FREDERIC82FAN

Adherent of JOHNNY V fanclub
Oct 9, 2017
Too bad roster # 24 is no longer available for Frederic.

24.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm sure there will be some disagreements here. Heck, it wasn't even unanimous among the 4 of us.

This isn't like the other prospect rankings you read where one person looks at every team's prospects and ranks the teams from 1-31. This is a ranking of Bruins prospects only and was done by 4 guys who actually have eyes on the targets. When a decision wasn't unanimous, we discussed/debated for hours and came up with a consensus.

2021 Season Bruins Prospects Ranking- Updated | scoutingpost
thx as always Dom, can`t wait to listen to it soon

member 96824

Mason Lohrei projects as a top-pair defender with a comparison to Dougie Hamilton.

Not high-end best-case scenario ceiling, but projects...as in if he continues his path that's where he'll end up.

Interesting.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I’m surprised zboril is so far down that list after watching him play. I don’t watch prospects play tho. Just catch highlights here when you guys post. But zboril looking like top 4 nhl defender. Any ways thanks for the list. U would know better then me that’s for sure. If those 4 guys are better then zboril I’d be super surprised. Louzon has some nasty to his game but I really do prefer zboril game. He seems faster and smarter. And his outlet passes are nice. It’s only been two games and I’m sure we will see some growing pains. But to the eye test he looks better then Louzon. I saw some highlights of zboril hammering slap shots too. He fanned on the only slap shot I saw him take at the nhl level. Any ways. Don’t mean to be critical u would know better then me for sure. I’m just bored at home during covid and nothing better to do then offer my opinions.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Cameron Hughes at 8. Good to see him get some recognition. Curious how the amigos arrived at this decision?

BTW great work Amigos.

Each of us prepared our own list. Where there wasn't an agreement then we would debate it and try and sell each other on our guy. Much like NHL scouts sell their GM on who to draft.

I can tell you there were only 2 players that were unanimous at there respective positional rankings: Jack Studnicka and Kyle Keyser.

I think the greatest debate was over Swayman and Vladar rankings. The vote was split but I think the ultimate tie breaker was that Swayman is better at tracking pucks and plays where as Vladar sometimes loses site and then positioning.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Mason Lohrei projects as a top-pair defender with a comparison to Dougie Hamilton.

Not high-end best-case scenario ceiling, but projects...as in if he continues his path that's where he'll end up.

Interesting.
Lohrei has looked good since being drafted but this is a stretch to me. I mean he's already older than Dougie was when he broke into the NHL and that's before he has even played an NCAA game.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Would people who have seen more of Beecher play kind of compare him to a more rugged Benoit pulpit type of guy?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I’m surprised zboril is so far down that list after watching him play. I don’t watch prospects play tho. Just catch highlights here when you guys post. But zboril looking like top 4 nhl defender. Any ways thanks for the list. U would know better then me that’s for sure. If those 4 guys are better then zboril I’d be super surprised. Louzon has some nasty to his game but I really do prefer zboril game. He seems faster and smarter. And his outlet passes are nice. It’s only been two games and I’m sure we will see some growing pains. But to the eye test he looks better then Louzon. I saw some highlights of zboril hammering slap shots too. He fanned on the only slap shot I saw him take at the nhl level. Any ways. Don’t mean to be critical u would know better then me for sure. I’m just bored at home during covid and nothing better to do then offer my opinions.

It all came down to what their potential is and what they could become at the NHL level should they reach it.

The question about Zboril has always been his hockey IQ. Sometimes he looks like a genius out there and other times he reverts back to making dumb mistakes. Lauzon has been more consistent in the "playing smart department."

This wasn't based on NHL games, it was based on their complete body of work going back to their draft. You mentioned Zboril's shot. Lauzon has a tremendous shot as well. But he doesn't always use it and tends to go to his repertoire based on what's going on. You look at the last game, he had 4 shots on net. None of them were intended to beat the goaltender but were shot's with a purpose, either to create a rebound or be deflected.

Since Zboril is paired with Miller, his purpose is to transition and help create offense from the backend whereas for Lauzon, he's paired with McAvoy and his job is to let McAvoy look after the offense and he's to take care of the defence.

And Lauzon's offensive abilities are severely underrated. He and Zboril have followed the same path. In the 3 seasons together in the QMJHL, Lauzon has outproduced Zboril at .78 PPG to .65 PPG. Zboril takes the lead in the AHL with .31 PPG to .25 PPG but playing in different roles.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Lohrei has looked good since being drafted but this is a stretch to me. I mean he's already older than Dougie was when he broke into the NHL and that's before he has even played an NCAA game.

I mean, I did explicitly say he’s not Dougie Hamilton, rather he shares similar attributes and packages of skill. I didn’t say anything about his age or path in comparison, either.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
It all came down to what their potential is and what they could become at the NHL level should they reach it.

The question about Zboril has always been his hockey IQ. Sometimes he looks like a genius out there and other times he reverts back to making dumb mistakes. Lauzon has been more consistent in the "playing smart department."

This wasn't based on NHL games, it was based on their complete body of work going back to their draft. You mentioned Zboril's shot. Lauzon has a tremendous shot as well. But he doesn't always use it and tends to go to his repertoire based on what's going on. You look at the last game, he had 4 shots on net. None of them were intended to beat the goaltender but were shot's with a purpose, either to create a rebound or be deflected.

Since Zboril is paired with Miller, his purpose is to transition and help create offense from the backend whereas for Lauzon, he's paired with McAvoy and his job is to let McAvoy look after the offense and he's to take care of the defence.

And Lauzon's offensive abilities are severely underrated. He and Zboril have followed the same path. In the 3 seasons together in the QMJHL, Lauzon has outproduced Zboril at .78 PPG to .65 PPG. Zboril takes the lead in the AHL with .31 PPG to .25 PPG but playing in different roles.

Fair. I’ve only seen him play like four games I think. I like zboril more then louzon and vaakananain so far. But it’s super early. I love Louzons game too. They actually both have some nastiness to their game. Sweeney is a master at finding defence at the draft. His forwards not so much IMO. He seems to love 3rd and fourth line forwards at the draft.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Thanks for taking the time to do this four Amigos. I am glad to hear that Keyser is still highly thought of. Hope he stays healthy. The defence looks pretty good.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I mean, I did explicitly say he’s not Dougie Hamilton, rather he shares similar attributes and packages of skill. I didn’t say anything about his age or path in comparison, either.
yeah, sorry I was just replying based on how it was characterized in Brad's post. I wasn't able to read the article yet b/c it's blocked at my job.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

I remember keeping tabs on his offense. That’s why I was waiting for some numbers in Providence. Good write up.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Thinking Swayman Lohrei Beecher and Zboril will be excellent for the bruins. Other than that I'm not really excited about any of the other prospects. Studnicka and Lauzon would be next on my list.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00