GDT: 4/7/13 - Wild @ CBJ - 5:00 PM CT - FSN/FS-WI

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Congrats to Pommers for netting his first with Wild.

And classy move by Wild organization for flying his family in to surprise him.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
CoyleGoal47.gif

So damned gorgeous. Like laser beams bouncing off mirrors.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Haven't watched a Wild game in ages... Coyle has improved _a lot_ during the season, I wasn't impressed by his game earlier in the big league. He looks faster and thinks quicker, it seems. On the other hand, Seto didn't look good at all and man, what's wrong with Bouchard? It looked like he single handedly sabotaged his whole line when he was on the ice. Not a surprised they couldn't move him on trade deadline...

Granlund was okay, two absolutely brilliant passes on the same PP-shift and won some important board battles. I don't like him with Bouchard, tho, and it looks like Coyle and him have some chemistry. Coyle - MG - Seto looks nice on the paper at least, why wouldn't they try it? (I've lost hope to see Granlund at wing where he belongs...)

Hopefully you guys make the playoffs!

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Haven't watched a Wild game in ages... Coyle has improved _a lot_ during the season, I wasn't impressed by his game earlier in the big league. He looks faster and thinks quicker, it seems. On the other hand, Seto didn't look good at all and man, what's wrong with Bouchard? It looked like he single handedly sabotaged his whole line when he was on the ice. Not a surprised they couldn't move him on trade deadline...

Granlund was okay, two absolutely brilliant passes on the same PP-shift and won some important board battles. I don't like him with Bouchard, tho, and it looks like Coyle and him have some chemistry. Coyle - MG - Seto looks nice on the paper at least, why wouldn't they try it? (I've lost hope to see Granlund at wing where he belongs...)

Hopefully you guys make the playoffs!

Seto looks lost because he and Cullen had incredible chemistry together and Cullen is out with a Groin injury for a while.

Bouchard looks like crap because well, hes gone soft again after a breif period of excellent play after Zucker went down for a couple games.

And yes, pretty much everyone here wants to see a Seto-FBJ-Coyle line.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Cool thing about that pass by Granlund is that he didn't just whack a rolling puck over to Coyle but instead did a by the book pass with some reverse spin. You can see the puck start to lay flat a few feet after it leaves his stick, which makes it much easier for Coyle to handle.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Cool thing about that pass by Granlund is that he didn't just whack a rolling puck over to Coyle but instead did a by the book pass with some reverse spin. You can see the puck start to lay flat a few feet after it leaves his stick, which makes it much easier for Coyle to handle.

I'm also really glad that Coyle could elevate the puck from so close. So many players would've just slammed it against goalie's pads.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Good bounceback game. Not great, but much needed.

Really liked Coyle's game. He was all over the ice in a good way. I think getting off that top line gets him more involved in the play as right now he doesn't look like he knows what's going on offensively at the speed of Koivu and Parise. But I liked Yeo throwing him and Granlund on the PP and loved that he got some PK time as well.

Granny looked a lot better, like last game he still isn't ready for full time NHL play but he's getting there. And that pass was money.

Top line you know for their skill and speed, I want to see them play more on the rush. You can tell Pominville has been listening to Yeo as he dumps the puck and carries it less. Good to see him cash in.

And a nice bounceback game for the defense. Suter and Brodin weren't playing to their level during the win streak but a lot better than the last couple games as they were more evasive and took their time to move the puck. Spurgeon and Stoner same thing, they looked more composed and made fewer mistakes.

Really thought Butch and Seto were invisible. Big difference Cullen makes. Still not loving those middle lines.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Neither Bouchard or Setoguchi handle adjustment to the lines very well. Normally you could say to quit messing with them, but it's injuries, guys, you're going to have to be better than that. Setoguchi often looks like a blinded animal and Bouchard winds up stickhandling down an empty pier.

I feel like Coyle is there. The more he continues to improve is all just icing on the cake.

Admit it Clutterbuck, you are still injured.

Decent game overall, a necessary win, but all I could keep thinking for the dozen or so times Columbus centered the puck through the crease was "Chicago's not going to miss every one of those, guys. Not even close."

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Koivu and Parise are an awesome duo out there. Not many people in the league who I would consider as complete hockey players as these two. Such a joy to watch.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Neither Bouchard or Setoguchi handle adjustment to the lines very well. Normally you could say to quit messing with them, but it's injuries, guys, you're going to have to be better than that. Setoguchi often looks like a blinded animal and Bouchard winds up stickhandling down an empty pier.

I feel like Coyle is there. The more he continues to improve is all just icing on the cake.

Butch was playing WAY too much with the puck. He'd make an extra 2-3 moves instead of doing something with it. He uses his hands too much and doesn't use his feet enough.

I think both Butch and Seto greatly benefited from Cullen because, once he got up to speed, he was a center who could do work in the defensive zone and used his speed and good positioning to force turnovers. Wild were much better at moving the puck up ice.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I agree. I wonder if Yeo agrees with us?

Yes, Cullen's injury and absence has proven how important he is to this team. Could many of us say that with a straight face before the season got started? LOL He has really earned his right to be on this team beyond the current season.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
My bet is the only thing keeping Zucker in Houston is cap space...and as soon as they can get that figured out, he'll get called up.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I've always liked Butch in the past, but man... patience wearing thin these days...

I would just sit him at this point. His style does not work with the way this team plays. Maybe the Lightning will take a flyer on him this summer.

I'm all for the whole, call up Zucker, then roll with Zucker-Granlund-Coyle, or put Seto on that line in place of Zucker.

What freakin genius would put Granlund AND Butch on the same line.:amazed: Really?!? I mean, really?!?!

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Thought the Wild were outplayed for the majority of the game. Still found a way to get 2 points and the shutout to kill their losing streak. Good enough for me.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Thought the Wild were outplayed for the majority of the game. Still found a way to get 2 points and the shutout to kill their losing streak. Good enough for me.

I pretty much agree.

The second period was decent, but in the third it was like we were playing Detroit two years ago.

I know Columbus is on the rise, but we got outplayed by, Columbus...

I hope it was just a confidence thing, and that this group plays better next game because of it.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I agree. I wonder if Yeo agrees with us?

Yes, Cullen's injury and absence has proven how important he is to this team. Could many of us say that with a straight face before the season got started? LOL He has really earned his right to be on this team beyond the current season.
Yeah, I have said for a while that Cullen plays on an island, but he does have very good chemistry with Setoguchi. They both play north-south, speed game. The both get the other person to move their feet, which is when they are at their best.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Yeah, I have said for a while that Cullen plays on an island, but he does have very good chemistry with Setoguchi. They both play north-south, speed game. The both get the other person to move their feet, which is when they are at their best.

Definitely. That line will be amazing in the future once Cullen gets back and hopefully Zucker back on it, too.

Oh, and I want to see that Finnish celebration! :D

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I wouldn't say CBJ outplayed us. Out hustled us most of the night, sure, but they also made their fair share of preventable mistakes. Wild had plenty of hustle but were generally just smarter/more skilled. We outplayed them.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I wouldn't say CBJ outplayed us. Out hustled us most of the night, sure, but they also made their fair share of preventable mistakes. Wild had plenty of hustle but were generally just smarter/more skilled. We outplayed them.

I agree...I just watched the FSN replay and I though the Wild outplayed the Jackets in both the 2nd and 3rd periods. Yes, there were times were the Wild were pinned deep on the defensive zone in the 3rd...but overall, I thought the Wild were the better team on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad