GDT: 4/5/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
The fact that they played so well this game makes it even tougher that they are quitting, they still got a lot of hockey in them.
50 point players both of them.
They get to go out on their terms. Nothing sadder than players who don't have anything left but keep holding on because they don't know when to let go.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Nice moment in Vancouver for the Sedins. However, I wish we as fans didn't wait until a player's last game to show such appreciation. Special players should be applauded all the damn time.

Reactions: canadianmagpie

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Nice moment in Vancouver for the Sedins. However, I wish we as fans didn't wait until a player's last game to show such appreciation. Special players should be applauded all the damn time.

There were a number of ovations last game too.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
They get to go out on their terms. Nothing sadder than players who don't have anything left but keep holding on because they don't know when to let go.
There is truth in that for sure. Just saying, it would have been fun to have them around a while longer, it really seems like they can still play.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

You can notice at 1:37 Ekman-Larsson is waiting for them during their celebration too. I'm sure everyone from Sweden has tons of respect for them.

Reactions: canadianmagpie

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Yikes, chanting "one more year", putting them on the spot like that in the last minute..That is a little awkward.
Plus, like, I know sentimentality and all, but like, y’all need to rebuild and insilate some young blood into the line-up.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
They just announced their retiring less than a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad