Post-Game Talk: 4/4/17 | Canucks 1 @ Sharks 3

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Decided to actually sit through this one, still not sure why.

Liked:
Goldobin - A couple great feeds, and although he missed on his chances he did a good job finding the soft spots in the offensive zone. He has a goal-scorers attitude to him, which this team desperately needs.

Molino - Not sure what the ultimate upside is, but continues to show good speed and jump.

Sedins - I actually think they've been terrible this season, and even the poor stats somehow make them look better than the are right now when you incorporate their all-around game. They have been defensive liabilities for awhile, have killed our PP, and for the second straight season have mailed it after the team's playoffs chances were gone. But, I did want to give them a bit of credit here. Not that they played great, but I thought they were creative and showed a few flashes with the puck that you just haven't seen this year.

Disliked:
Tanev - I know he scored the goal, but I just don't see the same guy lately. Does not seem nearly as composed in the defensive zone as he usually does.

Chaput/Megna/Shore - I'm lumping these guys together because they have a stretch here where they are essentially fighting for future NHL jobs and it would be nice to see something. Maybe there's room for one of these kind of guys on the 4th line and another as a 13th forward next year, but when you already have a similar space-filler in Gaunce who at least has upside then it doesn't look promising.

WD - Just mind-boggling decisions, as usual. He got so much heat for always shortening his bench two seasons ago when the team was protecting leads, but unfortunately that was the most creative and inspired thing he's ever done as a coach. From 1-2-3-4 in the playoffs that year to the embarrassing deployment he's had this year.. not much else you can say. You almost want to feel bad for him because he's been handed a terrible roster that has become even worse with the trades & injuries, but at the end of the day his job is deal with what's there and he can't even do that.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Decided to actually sit through this one, still not sure why.

Liked:
Goldobin - A couple great feeds, and although he missed on his chances he did a good job finding the soft spots in the offensive zone. He has a goal-scorers attitude to him, which this team desperately needs.

Molino - Not sure what the ultimate upside is, but continues to show good speed and jump.

Sedins - I actually think they've been terrible this season, and even the poor stats somehow make them look better than the are right now when you incorporate their all-around game. They have been defensive liabilities for awhile, have killed our PP, and for the second straight season have mailed it after the team's playoffs chances were gone. But, I did want to give them a bit of credit here. Not that they played great, but I thought they were creative and showed a few flashes with the puck that you just haven't seen this year.

Disliked:
Tanev - I know he scored the goal, but I just don't see the same guy lately. Does not seem nearly as composed in the defensive zone as he usually does.

Chaput/Megna/Shore - I'm lumping these guys together because they have a stretch here where they are essentially fighting for future NHL jobs and it would be nice to see something. Maybe there's room for one of these kind of guys on the 4th line and another as a 13th forward next year, but when you already have a similar space-filler in Gaunce who at least has upside then it doesn't look promising.

WD - Just mind-boggling decisions, as usual. He got so much heat for always shortening his bench two seasons ago when the team was protecting leads, but unfortunately that was the most creative and inspired thing he's ever done as a coach. From 1-2-3-4 in the playoffs that year to the embarrassing deployment he's had this year.. not much else you can say. You almost want to feel bad for him because he's been handed a terrible roster that has become even worse with the trades & injuries, but at the end of the day his job is deal with what's there and he can't even do that.

Megna's extension with a raise probably indicates he has already won the battle among the 3 you mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad