What I'd like to see going forward:

Palat-Johnson-Marchessault
Killorn-Namestnikov-Kucherov
Brown-Filppula-Callahan
Paquette-Boyle-Condra

Hedman-Sustr
Nesterov-Coburn
Koekkoek-Garrison

Me too. We have to find a way to get two scoring lines, and reuniting 90-86 might be our best chance of that. Maybe we could add Brown in hopes they can recreate their AHL success, leaving KFC for our third line?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Me too. We have to find a way to get two scoring lines, and reuniting 90-86 might be our best chance of that. Maybe we could add Brown in hopes they can recreate their AHL success, leaving KFC for our third line?

I was thinking about that, but I also really liked 23-51-24 when we saw it for a couple of weeks. I chose to go with Killorn over Brown but they are certainly interchangeable.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Things are not going to be easy going forward but I believe in the team. If they can keep playing like they did in the 3rd period last game (or close to it) then they stand a chance.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Aren't we guaranteed to make the playoffs? Since Detroit plays Boston?

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Aren't we guaranteed to make the playoffs? Since Detroit plays Boston?

If we lose outright all of our games we finish with 95

If Boston wins the game vs Detroit in OT/SO both of them can still finish with 96.

Hence why we need 1 point since we hold tie breakers with both of them.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If we lose outright all of our games we finish with 95

If Boston wins the game vs Detroit in OT/SO both of them can still finish with 96.

Hence why we need 1 point since we hold tie breakers with both of them.

So tonight we can actually clinch a playoff spot and home ice first round, right?

Damn baseball is so much easier with the magic number lol.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was thinking about that, but I also really liked 23-51-24 when we saw it for a couple of weeks. I chose to go with Killorn over Brown but they are certainly interchangeable.

I'm all for that 3rd line they can score and shutdown. If Coop puts Paquette with them will not be very happy. They have no chemistry Paquette and Cally and with the way Flip is playing this season all they are doing is consuming oxygen. KFC had some great shifts to start the last game and yet coop broke them up. I really don't understand him sometimes. Paquette is like his golden child.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
So if we clinch tonight, do I start growing the playoff beard tomorrow? Or do I wait until season's end? Or do I wait until the first game of the playoffs?

I ask this question every year.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
So if we clinch tonight, do I start growing the playoff beard tomorrow? Or do I wait until season's end? Or do I wait until the first game of the playoffs?

I ask this question every year.

Depends on your beard growing prowess, IMO. I look like a wolfman after one day of not shaving so I wait until the day of the first playoff game. :laugh:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not happy with this.

Congrats Coop, you managed a 2nd line with a guy who cannot pass to save his life now, with a guy who cannot finish, and another guy who is streakier than a nude marathon. This season cannot end soon enough!

Last edited:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Must've heard you. New lines now apparently, lol.

Dude, Paquette and Cally should not be on the same line. I love Paquette but he is a 4th line defensive forward and does that role well. We need scoring. I might drive there right now, and give Cooper a piece of my mind!!! lol.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Erlendsson shows up late and tweets the first set of lines Joe gave so I have no idea WTF is going on.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Erlendsson shows up late and tweets the first set of lines Joe gave so I have no idea WTF is going on.

LOL, it's a mystery. TKO should be separated now with Stamkos out, I don't understand Cooper. The only thing is the 2nd line will have the lower defensive pairing, so there is opportunity.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I was hoping that Cooper would try and put together at least 2 scoring lines but with that 2nd line I'd think not, I mean sure Killorn can go hot but he can also have a down game and then there is no scoring threat on that line.
I am curies of how Cally and Vladdy does though I don't like Paquette on that line but what can you do, hopefully we can call up Drouin and or play JAM (who I just now saw isn't in again, that's just dumb), maybe if he was we could try and line of JAM - Vladdy - Cally, could maybe create something.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was hoping that Cooper would try and put together at least 2 scoring lines but with that 2nd line I'd think not, I mean sure Killorn can go hot but he can also have a down game and then there is no scoring threat on that line.
I am curies of how Cally and Vladdy does though I don't like Paquette on that line but what can you do, hopefully we can call up Drouin and or play JAM (who I just now saw isn't in again, that's just dumb), maybe if he was we could try and line of JAM - Vladdy - Cally, could maybe create something.

I actually think Vladdy and Cally would be a good threat to score. Vladdy is good at cycling and possessing the puck and Cally can crash the net and set up in front to deflect a shot, but LW with Paquette gives them little offense on that side.

But looks like Cooper changed the lines around, probably did not like what he saw.....hmmm.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

Jesus Christ, that looks like ****. Unless we pick up a kick ass forward, next year's lineup without Stamkos is gonna look pedestrian at best.

Also, the idea that the triplets have to play together in order to produce is garbage. If we're gonna hand the reigns over to them next year they need to be able to produce without being tied to one another's hip. Having all your top end talent on one line because they can't carry another line by themselves is going to F us over big time.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Jesus Christ, that looks like ****. Unless we pick up a kick ass forward, next year's lineup without Stamkos is gonna look pedestrian at best.

Also, the idea that the triplets have to play together in order to produce is garbage. If we're gonna hand the reigns over to them next year they need to be able to produce without being tied to one another's hip. Having all your top end talent on one line because they can't carry another line by themselves is going to F us over big time.

That's my whole point. you re-unite Pallahan, maybe throw Vladdy as their center. Go with a 3rd line of Paquette - Flip - Brown, all 3 shutdown forwards, and throw Killorn with Johnson and Kucherov which has worked before.

So...

Killorn - Johnson - Kucherov
Palat - Vladdy/Flip - Callahan
Killorn - Flip/Vladdy - Brown
JAM/Blunden - Boyle - Condra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad