GDT: 4/30/16 - 3:00PM EDT - #4 New York VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECSF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Meh. Unlike their win ours wasn't because of complete gifts from goaltending.

I think both teams have a lot to be confident about going foward. It will be tough for TB to win in NY but I think they can win one of them on the road.

I do like how all 4 lines played tonight and also think our D played a strong game. I don't like how separated these games are.

However this gives Stralman some time to get back. We shouldn't play Carle anymore. Koekkoek played well. Hedman was a monster. Good overall game for us. Hope they can keep it up in NY.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
I liked matching the triplets against the Tavares line, it was a pretty quiet game for that line. I imagine the Isles will get away from that in Brooklyn. We needed Hedman and Bishop to bounce back and they both had strong games today. Agree with a couple people here who said Kuch was bad, don't know where his head was at today..way too many bad passes and overpassing instead of shooting. That third period was great, controlled possession and the Isles didn't have any dangerous chances.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not even a sweat with that game. One of the easier playoff games we've played in the last couple of years. Seemed to be in control from the get-go. Didn't hurt that Bish and Hedman returned to form while Greiss played like a human.

Now let's see how Coop does when the Isles get their matchups. Gotta take one outta NY.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I liked matching the triplets against the Tavares line, it was a pretty quiet game for that line. I imagine the Isles will get away from that in Brooklyn. We needed Hedman and Bishop to bounce back and they both had strong games today. Agree with a couple people here who said Kuch was bad, don't know where his head was at today..way too many bad passes and overpassing instead of shooting. That third period was great, controlled possession and the Isles didn't have any dangerous chances.

Yup, Tavares and his line was shut down. But they also had a ton of d-zone starts that must be called baffling so...

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
The Islanders had no answer in the last 40 minutes of the game. Truly a treat to watch. Lets see if they can keep it up in New York. We usually always suck there.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Sustr played 22:25 second most on the team.

Sustr was ****ing solid. He even played the body and dumped an Isles player to the ice instead of going for the #classicsustr weak poke check. I was so in disbelief and shock I had to rewind two times but it was #62.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
TKO had some beauty zone entrances then fell quick into overpassing, if they can just stop being cute they'd be much more dominant in the zone.

Kucherov played too "cute" today, liked that Johnson and Drouin were going hard at the net. Drouin played 14mins tonight and got 4 shots off, Kucherov played 20mins with 1 shot.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
TKO had some beauty zone entrances then fell quick into overpassing, if they can just stop being cute they'd be much more dominant in the zone.

Kucherov played too "cute" today, liked that Johnson and Drouin were going hard at the net. Drouin played 14mins tonight and got 4 shots off, Kucherov played 20mins with 1 shot.

kucherov had shots they got tipped blocked hit bodies etc.. 3 or 4 could have gotten through

kucherov was cute though

ny has to cut space to guys like drouin and triplets or it will be a long series for them actually a short series

i dont know how they can play with us imho if they go big against the triplets with their fourth line i see them taking bad penalties than the key is us scoring on power play

if we do that this series ends pretty quickly at least to me i have no fears after watching the last two games

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
kucherov had shots they got tipped blocked hit bodies etc.. 3 or 4 could have gotten through

kucherov was cute though

ny has to cut space to guys like drouin and triplets or it will be a long series for them actually a short series

i dont know how they can play with us imho if they go big against the triplets with their fourth line i see them taking bad penalties than the key is us scoring on power play

if we do that this series ends pretty quickly at least to me i have no fears after watching the last two games

I think we are probably the better team when we can set the matchups, but when they can match up tavares where they want, it will be interesting to see if we can contain him.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I think we are probably the better team when we can set the matchups, but when they can match up tavares where they want, it will be interesting to see if we can contain him.

absolutely but if they continue to play the style they are playing against our gifted goal scorers they will be in a lot of trouble

i always thought they would give us the space and that would be the difference this series maybe they adjust a bit hit less keep guys on guys more

the one thing is when they get frustrated they start holding etc.. if we get those calls that will also go a long way

twice yesterday at end we had jam and vladdy out with tavares second time actually we played it well first time nothing bad but i was nervous lol

the thing is this shows again coopers refusal to line up vs guys etc.. tavares comes back on ice you need a stud on him against him etc..

so yes we might get burned by tavares now they have last call

just think they will give us space so winning is winning im ok 4-3 games:)

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I need another look on the time sheet but from the first look Vladdy and JAM got some decent TOI in the last period. They were truly good together.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
have to add total disagreement on anyone saying kucherov had a bad game 2 times when johnny deep at net nesterov at net kucherov put on speed and shut down break aways 2 times that happened

i wonder as said before what game is watched what people see when i dont see it the same at all? kucherov shot the puck a lot actually most didnt make it through but he did shoot it he got cute early stopped by end he was in form as the entire team hit them with wave after wave

that was seriously something to watch like we were on a never ending 5 on 3 lol crazy control that i will admit had me laughing 3 shots in 14 minutes hahaa

yeah anyway look at the game again i find if you watch the game a 3rd time you see a lot you missed in the moment because by than you heart is normal temperature etc..

will say these refs are on my last straw god awful stuff so far

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
have to add total disagreement on anyone saying kucherov had a bad game 2 times when johnny deep at net nesterov at net kucherov put on speed and shut down break aways 2 times that happened

i wonder as said before what game is watched what people see when i dont see it the same at all? kucherov shot the puck a lot actually most didnt make it through but he did shoot it he got cute early stopped by end he was in form as the entire team hit them with wave after wave

that was seriously something to watch like we were on a never ending 5 on 3 lol crazy control that i will admit had me laughing 3 shots in 14 minutes hahaa

yeah anyway look at the game again i find if you watch the game a 3rd time you see a lot you missed in the moment because by than you heart is normal temperature etc..

will say these refs are on my last straw god awful stuff so far

When 10 people say he had a bad game and yet you're the only one saying he had a good game, I wonder what game you're watching?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
When 10 people say he had a bad game and yet you're the only one saying he had a good game, I wonder what game you're watching?

ya me too:) most times I know im right and well I know what that means:)

watch the game again is all im saying maybe you will see what i saw

we got to have our villians lol or scape goats he was cute by end wasnt cute

i argue wise think he was most dangerous guy on ice last night

tyjo got deep but did nothing special thats tyjo's game kucherov was getting pucks all night setting up stuff

we can agree to disagree:)

for the playoffs this last game his corsi went up 5 points his fenwick 3 points but i know that means he did nothing this game:)

Last edited:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'm not too worried. Team looked great to start game 1 and 3 too many softies from Ben really deflated us. Once we got our game going again in the 3rd we stormed back just a little too late.

Isles really only won game 1 because of all those softies. If not for those we could be going into Brooklyn up 2-0 and looking for the dagger.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'll be worried if the Isles crush us in game 3. Otherwise, not so much. Winning one game in Brooklyn would be fine. Two would be great.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I'll be worried if the Isles crush us in game 3. Otherwise, not so much. Winning one game in Brooklyn would be fine. Two would be great.

You ******* nailed it, if you pardon my french. 5v5, NYI had nothing on us so far. We shouldn't let a handful of cocky Isles fans disrupt the trust in our team. I'm saying that because I've seen a lot of them concerned about our superiority at even strength. Experience is finally looking on our side. It's gonna take a consequential streak of bad luck, or/and injuries, to make us lose 3 of the next 5 games.

I'm personally quietly confident about the outcome of this series.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We will have to see how the last change will affect us. I don't think it will be too much. Think our team has played well with any line on the ice vs them. But you have to wonder about Tavares getting some more space out there with him getting away from TJ. But if we get our top two lines a lot of ice time we should be good.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
We will have to see how the last change will affect us. I don't think it will be too much. Think our team has played well with any line on the ice vs them. But you have to wonder about Tavares getting some more space out there with him getting away from TJ. But if we get our top two lines a lot of ice time we should be good.

I'm convinced going 11/7 will minimize,if only, nullify NYI's last change advantage. With hindsight I'm seeing Cooper working long term to get everyone getting comfortable with anyone. We're looking less and less affected mixing up linemates. Killorn with this one, Palat with that one... 11/7 is becoming our true signature if anything. Long term labor once again.

I'll eat crow if we end up on the losing side of course... But I won't apologize for feeling confident about my team.
:yo:

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I obviously reserve the right to change my opinion on this; after all, I'm one of the ringleaders of the Anti-Coop Camp, but he has certainly had his best postseason performance by a landslide this year. That's not saying much, no, but I'll settle for any progress from 2014 and 2015, and, so far, he actually has shown legitimate improvement. Of course, is that due to quality of his opposite number? Well, lets just hope he eventually has to try and match wits with Trotz or Sullivan and see if he can hang with either of those two excellent minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad