[4-3 WIN] Junior Team Shuts Eller's Mouth

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Aaron Ward and Mike Johnson on TSN agreed with Eller. Ward went on to say that the oilers play like the oil kings and some team called the Sherwood Park Crusaders.

Did this guy Ward ever watch those two teams ever play to throw those names in there? He should of added the NAIT Ooks as well.:shakehead. I am glad Eakins commented the way he did btw.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
just to add some fuel to the fire :

Kelly Chase ‏@Chasenpucks39 2h

Note to Dallas Eakins " Eller may have spoke like a young Rookie" but your back in the NHL coach and your response was equally inexperienced

was retweeted by Rick Tocchet as well.

Chase covers the Blues.

Maybe its just me but I always have a hard time taking anyone seriously who doesnt know which "your" to use. He was 1 for 2.

Lord Quas

The unseen
Aug 9, 2006
Maybe its just me but I always have a hard time taking anyone seriously who doesnt know which "your" to use. He was 1 for 2.

I was thinking the same thing, and the poor punctuation ... I normally don't care :whatever:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

I'm not often confused by incorrect punctuation but I did have trouble parsing that sentence while wondering why he was talking about Eakins back. :p:

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
just to add some fuel to the fire :

Kelly Chase ‏@Chasenpucks39 2h

Note to Dallas Eakins " Eller may have spoke like a young Rookie" but your back in the NHL coach and your response was equally inexperienced

was retweeted by Rick Tocchet as well.

Chase covers the Blues.

All of the tweets attacking Eakins are from Blues' media. <.<

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Aaron Ward and Mike Johnson on TSN agreed with Eller. Ward went on to say that the oilers play like the oil kings and some team called the Sherwood Park Crusaders.

I agree with Eller as well and I am a fan of this team.
Not a fanboy mind you so that affords a little more objectivity than most.

I guess the truth hurts.

I am not condoning that Eller said what he said in public (it was very poor judgement). But maybe if the team actually played with a little more structure and not like a Junior team then players wouldn't be compelled to make public comments.

The really sad thing is that there is nothing in Ellers comments aren't true.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
I wonder if Eakins purposely did that the other day knowing those tsn lackeys would eat it up. Maybe he is trying to rally the team and bring them together in an us vs. the world kind of thing.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

I guess the truth hurts.

I am not condoning that Eller said what he said in public (it was very poor judgement). But maybe if the team actually played with a little more structure and not like a Junior team then players wouldn't be compelled to make public comments.

the Oilers are 15th at avg. shots against per game,...how is that "like a junior hockey team"?
If the Oilers had started the year with Dubnyk playing as he is of late, then their record would at least be 5 - 5 -0, and less people jawing about "no system".

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003

I guess the truth hurts.

Most here aren't arguing that Eller's comments were factually incorrect, I think the general sentiment, which you say you agree with, is that he really should have kept his opinion to himself.

With that said, I don't have a problem with Eakins' comments after the game. I doubt there are many coaches in the league that would have let such comments about their team slide.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
I wonder if Eakins purposely did that the other day knowing those tsn lackeys would eat it up. Maybe he is trying to rally the team and bring them together in an us vs. the world kind of thing.

That thought crossed my mind too. So far my opinion of Eakins is that he's very calculated in most of his words and actions. It might have been an uncontrolled outburst, but I don't really think that is Eakins' personality most of the time.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I would hope those media pundits who are denouncing Eakins' comments were at least consistent with their responses to Patrick Roy's meltdown. If not, them someone might have to dig up their inconsistencies and rub their noses in them . . .

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Did this guy Ward ever watch those two teams ever play to throw those names in there? He should of added the NAIT Ooks as well.:shakehead. I am glad Eakins commented the way he did btw.

Ward keeps making himself look worse and worse.

That being said, back in the late 90s I went to a lot of Crusaders games. Entertaining.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
That thought crossed my mind too. So far my opinion of Eakins is that he's very calculated in most of his words and actions. It might have been an uncontrolled outburst, but I don't really think that is Eakins' personality most of the time.

Exactly my thoughts.

Eakins is very deliberate in everything he says and does. Could be a great strategy.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
If you listen to what Elliot Friedman had to say about this, it sounds like just that.

Reminds me of the late 90s Oilers teams that would use anything and everything as a motivational tool to go out and kick some ass. Sometimes you have to create a narrative when the truth is too dull.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
I hope the media keeps attacking Eakins and this team it will build a team that wants to shut them the flup up.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
I'm not often confused by incorrect punctuation but I did have trouble parsing that sentence while wondering why he was talking about Eakins back. :p:

Yea I thought the exact same thing. Very poorly written tweet, considering he's a "professional".

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Kelly Chase is related to Greg Chase. I wonder if he's thrilled about his uncle publicly criticizing the guy who decides whether he makes the NHL next year?

Oh wow. I had no idea. I seriously doubt Eakins will let that effect his decision, but still, I would be pissed if my uncle were to do something like that.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
So player disses our team , Oilers end up being that bad guys. :laugh :So glad we won imagine them if we lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad