Post-Game Talk: 4-3 OT Win | Oilers lead series 3-2

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Well, I am thrilled with last night's victory but I hope Maroon makes note of the fact that when a ref has warned you then take heed because the next time you commit even a border line infraction he will nail you. We were lucky to escape with victory after the 3rd San Jose goal.

If the boys are going to win in San Jose on Saturday then they will need to play almost flawless hockey and that means that even one mind cramp will cost us dearly. Stay out of the box, lads.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Someone's gotta post the entire OT to youtube or something, that was a joy to watch. Most dominant I have seen them in a long time.

I got home from the game and watched the entire thing again on PVR. Hit the sack at 3:30 am. :D

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Sens fan popping in to say congrats you guys, I'm pulling for you!

It was great seeing your arena going absolutely nuts (and what a sea of orange!) after all the years of struggle you've had to endure. That OT was thrilling.

Best of luck!

Thx and same back vs Boston. Karlsson is playing next level, his ass chewing of Brassard a couple games ago was classic and won me over from casual Karlsson fan to full time fan of his. He has evolved into a real leader with his actions and play.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
How about that shot by KlefBOMB! I didn't know he had that in him... what was it, 100.5 mph?

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/video/klefboms-game-tying-laser/t-288500018/c-51611703

Yeah 100.5, still can't get over the flex on the stick, just wow! Pretty sure that one dented the post when it went in off it.
PoMwOSC.jpg

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Scarlett worked out well for us. :nod: Who should be the Oilers woman for next game? Thinking of making it a trend...

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Agreed with the sentiment there. Fortunately, Edmonton didn't tank, they just sucked and now we have MCDavid.

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20. Just thought it was hilarious with the way things turned out.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Agreed with the sentiment there. Fortunately, Edmonton didn't tank, they just sucked and now we have MCDavid.

They went full MacT. You never go full MacT. Unless you can get McDavid that is.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
In my opinion DD has been useless for the large majority of the time we have had him. And to the poster last night who accused me of only looking at box cars, I'm not.

I felt Lander could and still could do DDs job effectively.

That being said I will give credit where it's due. DD was huge last night and even though I am not impressed with his play it doesn't mean I don't want the guy to succeed. Hopefully he continues to be this good, because he has been straight up invisible this series

Just cause you can't see it, doesn't mean Desharnais has been "invisible all series." I rightly predicted him breaking out because I've been seeing him all series causing neutral zone turnovers, being quick and creative in the Ozone, having composure with the puck to pass it to the right areas. Did you know Desharnais had 2 passes back to the point for possible shots BEFORE the KlefBOMB goal?

Your kidding yourself if you think Lander could do the same things Desharnais did last night offensively. Just one small case in point: Lander does not have the hockey IQ to start that give and go with Draisaitl for the OT winner. Lander would not be quick enough to beat Hertl to the net for the OT winner. Lander does not have the wheels or composure to circle the entire Sharks Ozone to put up a tee shot for Klefbom.

Just eat your crow and get behind our team and get behind Chias choices. BELIEVE IN OUR BOYS. He's one of the best GMs in the league with an army of scouts at his disposal and your gonna sit there saying KHL fodder and multi year disappointment Anton Lander would have been a better choice for the lineup? Cmon now...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad