Post-Game Talk: 4-3 OT Win | Oilers lead series 3-2

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
There is merit in this. IIRC Ekblad had question marks about him dominating OHL due to size and mainly scoring on PP. I do remember discussion on HFOil about taking him if he dropped to 3 and what wed do. He was the favourite to go #1 but IMO it wasnt unanimous and Reinhart was #1 in some credible scouting agencies rankings

MacT LOVED Draisaitl so I could see an outcome where he would have picked LD over Ekblad at 1. Hell I think he would have done it if Ekblad dropped to 3. At the time it wouldnt have been smart, hindsight being 2020, LD is best player from the 2014 draft

I remember in Drai's draft year all the scouts were calling him the "German Gretzky."

In retrospect I find that amusing because with the exception of Gretzky I have never seen a better passer on an Oiler team (well not many anyway, Coffey does comes to mind).

Drai's ability to thread the needle is truly extraordinary as was again evident on the OT goal.

There were many on this site and that "other site" in Edmonton who thought that Bennett would have been a better choice--of course, in hindsight not so.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Agreed, have thought this all season long. Not to worried though, he'll get there.

I remember in Drai's draft year all the scouts were calling him the "German Gretzky."

In retrospect I find that amusing because with the exception of Gretzky I have never seen a better passer on an Oiler team (well not many anyway, Coffey does comes to mind).

Drai's ability to thread the needle is truly extraordinary as was again evident on the OT goal.

There were many on this site and that "other site" in Edmonton who thought that Bennett would have been a better choice--of course, in hindsight not so.
Doug Weight was one hell of a passer and top 5 in league during his prime

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm exhilarated that we won this game, great comeback..

But read the comments starting at page 30 of the first GDThttp://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2219857&page=31

We were all so quick to throw this team under the bus, but the Team showed up in the third, and kicked A*s in overtime..

Why is it that this team can suck so bad, like last game..

Then pull off an amazing comeback to win a game...

THIS is exactly the type of thing that young inexperienced teams do. Hard to say which team shows up in San Jose.

Regarding the game....I was one of the posters advocating for TM to sit DD. So brutally wrong! :help: :laugh:
In one very important game DD managed to put to rest any thoughts that Chia made a bad deal.
McLellan coached a masterful game last night IMO especially in the 3rd and in O/T. He managed to put together 4 very effective lines and didnt over extend with line matchups. The shift length was just right most of the night.

Now they need to finish this thing on Sat. :nod:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Probably but its still a penalty. You simply cant tough the goalie on that play...period.

Maroon could have definately lifted his leg. It was the right call. And a little bit too much over the edge for Maroon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad