GDT: 4/29/23 - 7:00PM EDT - #2 Toronto vs #3 Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Dozens of threads on main boards and Reddit hockey asking are the Lightning done.

WELL, ARE WE DONE?

Ladies and Gents, it was a fun season while it lasted.

Time to make some changes.
First step. Send Sergachev to San Jose for Erik Karlsson

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Walk in the park series with Game 5/6 Vasy throughout. Shame we pissed away a year in this closing window vs. a team and fanbase so undeserving of any success. NHL Officiating is still some cowardly shit.

Perbix and Raddysh standouts for me this year. Glad we were patient with Raddysh and let a late bloomer, bloom. Perbix will have a long off-season to train and get stronger and ready for the rigors of a long season.
This. We lost, but we were pretty clearly the better team. And Vasy showed plenty of signs that whatever was wrong will be corrected.

I have more faith in our future, at least short term, after this series than I had going in.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Stammer hate is going too far imo, i think our whole first line was collectively shit
The first line was shit due to coaching decisions. To unlock Stamkos AND the top line, you need to have Point/Kuch with a space creator/puck hound and you need Stamkos with defensively-minded players who also puck-hound so he can pop in and out of holes like the rink ninja he is.

Cooper was too unwilling to use Hagel on the top line and put Stamkos with Killorn/Cirelli until late in this game. It produced the only goal. Stamkos needs to spend a boatload of time learning to take pucks off the walls if he's going to be relegated to the wing. 90% of the time he's forced to his backhand it's gonna be a turnover.

Reactions: Renopucker and Hoek

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Toronto was the better team on paper. Dubas’ TDL was amazing, ours was “huh”. Yet, three games required OT this series. The team showed heart and battled hard and despite some key injuries early on they made it a close series. Kudos to the team! Let’s have them enjoy a long summer to heal and recharge!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Stating the obvious here but their big guns showed up: Marner (2+9), Matthews (5+4), Rielly (3+5), Tavares (4+3), Nylander (2+5), ROR (2+5) all have more points than our playoff top-scorers Cirelli (3+3) and Kucherov (1+5). They controlled Point (2+2) and Stamkos (2+2) so kudos there.

Reactions: Macman and Hoek

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
All three home games went to OT and we lost each of them. Bizarre.

Oh well. If games 5/6 Vasy showed up in 1-4 it was an easy series win for us. Having your run end in a series we were clearly the better team makes it a bit more annoying, but as I've said repeatedly I didn't expect much from us this year.

Hopefully the right moves are made, Jeannot gets better, Vasy returns to form, and one of our prospects becomes the next Point.

Reactions: Peacefool

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Not grabbing Schenn because he was "too expensive" when we paid 5 picks for Jeannot was a big f***ing flop. Why would we want a guy well acclimated to our system and provides insurance in position we're running thin in. This guy played a top-4 role AGAINST us. Massive L by JBB.

Nice embrace between him and Vasy/Maroon too, especially with how hard him and Maroon went against eachother this series.

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Leaf fan here. I have huge respect for your team. Hopefully our team learned enough to go a long way. Your team is tough, talented, and orney as #%&^. I say that with respect.
Good luck going forward

Not grabbing Schenn because he was "too expensive" when we paid 5 picks for Jeannot was a big f***ing flop.

Nice embrace between him and Vasy too.
Get Jeannot in training camp and a offseason I think he will turn it around . The good news is his contract should not be too expensive.

Not grabbing Schenn because he was "too expensive" when we paid 5 picks for Jeannot was a big f***ing flop. Why would we want a guy well acclimated to our system and provides insurance in position we're running thin in. This guy played a top-4 role AGAINST us too. Massive L by JBB.

Nice embrace between him and Vasy too.
Schenn is a free agent this summer maybe JBB can sign him ?

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Toronto was the better team on paper. Dubas’ TDL was amazing, ours was “huh”. Yet, three games required OT this series. The team showed heart and battled hard and despite some key injuries early on they made it a close series. Kudos to the team! Let’s have them enjoy a long summer to heal and recharge!
Esymont I like but Jeannot was total over payment for nothing really. We could have gotten McCabe on defense for less.

Reactions: RDTBay4

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
Disagree with some comments here
Defensive has been the true hole in this series
When you play with Perbix-Raddysh-Bogo-Cole...too many AHL plays from them sorry but take a look at the defensive corps of the qualified teams...
First line has disappointed overall, Vasy too
Toronto got some help from the referees (we should have had OT on the power play) and probably won the series by headshotting Cernak
BUT they are probably the best team at the moment and deserve their qualification

Reactions: RDTBay4

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Respect to the Tampa Bay Lightning.

You guys play so hard and the playoff experience your horses come with is damn near impossible to match.

A great 1st round, and Tampa is easily one of the toughest opponents for anyone in the Eastern Conference. It's just a shame with the playoff format that 2 terrific teams have to face off in the 1st round.

Cheers, and see you at the rink.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Embarrassing.

20 series wins to 1. Witnessing greatness walk by and you're shitting on them with "have fun golfing" when your team is doing just that every april/may for the last 20 years.

Laugh out f***ing loud. Wish them nothing but misery.
Not representative of all Leafs fans, but let’s just say that the really decent ones should have a 1% patch on their sweaters

4uston M4tthews

Nov 15, 2010
If Stammer left, the landscape today would be very different. Leafs wouldn't have Tavares and Tampa wouldn't have cups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad