Injury Report: 4/29/14: Bishop underwent surgery on right wrist, should be ready for training camp

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/erlendssonTBO
Sami Salo (upper body) not expected to play Thursday vs Philly, but not expected to be a long term issue
https://twitter.com/LightningTimes
In other injury news: Cooper made it sound as if Sami Salo (upper body) will not play Thursday vs. Flyers, though the injury is not serious.

http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/lig...140409/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
“He could come back, yes,’’ Cooper said. “This is not something that Ben Bishop is done, see you in September, that is not it at all. But he is going to need to recuperate a little bit and he needs to get healthier. If we played a game tomorrow, he would not be able to play. Right now it’s a little more than day-to-day, but we are going to get into the first-round series, then we will start looking at see potentially where he is at.

“I would say the next days will be really telling of where we are going to be at. If we don’t see him skating on Tuesday when we practice then you will have a pretty good idea he might not be in the lineup (for Game 1). That’s when the answers to the questions will start to be a little more specific.’’

Last edited:

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
That's actually a little comforting. I was expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. Now, slightly less so. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This season has been a roller coaster of emotions.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Damian Cristodero ‏@LightningTimes 17m
Ben Bishop's agent says his client has an elbow injury. Agent said he has no other details.

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO 6m
Gut feeling, I'd be surprised if he plays RT @theicchamp11: You think he'll be out of the 1st round? Yes or No.

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
Don't hold your breath ;-) RT @theicchamp11: All I care about is the health and playoff availability of G Ben Bishop.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I've noticed Erlendsson often tends to be pessimistic and sometimes down right negative.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Elbow, wrist, they are close right?

Mixed reports on the actual body part injured. Usually means it's worse than they are trying to let on.

Gotta love the hockey gods.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
So Ben Bishop gets to rest anyway! It was all part of the Co-operation.

"He was only going to play one more game". That makes no sense; Cooper and company back pedaling now. I guess they didn't actually want home-ice advantage?

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
Sami Salo not skating, but Mike Kostka is skating in a regular jersey; Gudlevskis is also in the ice #tblightning

Fongule

Aug 12, 2013
Durbanville, South Africa
I really hope Bishop is back for round 1, I speak on behalf of every non habs fan in the league by saying nobody in the planet wants the habs to make it out of the 1st round.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Bruins fan here. I sincerely hope your man Bishop make it back in time for game one. But its no good for him to come back if he isn't 100%. You know, the kid had such a terrific season, Senators never believed in him and here they are on the outside looking in. And that was part due to poor goaltending.
GET WELL BISHOP AND HOPEFULLY SEE YOU GUYS IN PLAYOFFS

Take care and the very best of health Bolt fans!!!!

Ernest

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Can add Hedman to the wounded.

Missy Zielinski @Missy_Zielinski
Defenseman Victor Hedman only logged 1:42 time on ice in first. Could put #TBLightning in tough spot, now skating with just five blueliners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad