Injury Report: 4/29/14: Bishop underwent surgery on right wrist, should be ready for training camp

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Bishop to be re-evaluated this morning:
Damian Cristodero ‏@LightningTimes
Bishop extended with left arm to glove the floating puck. Came down on his glove hand. Seemed to be favoring that side when he skated off.
No update on Bishop. Yzerman said the goalie will be re-evaluated in the morning.
Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO
Cooper indicated a call up was coming from Syracuse, said it had been planned any way as Bishop was only going to play one more game

Salo:
No Salo as the team comes onto the bench for the third period. Still no word from the team.
Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO
Walked past Sami Salo in the locker, he said he was good but didn't say what his status for Thursday would be

ffenliv

Jan 2, 2009
As a Habs fan, I've been watching this board since last night. I'd hate to see Bishop out, particularly on such a strange play as that one.

Here's wishing Ben a speedy recovery from whatever that was.

BobBobrovsky*

As a Habs fan, I've been watching this board since last night. I'd hate to see Bishop out, particularly on such a strange play as that one.

Here's wishing Ben a speedy recovery from whatever that was.

That's a total lie and you know it. I hope Bishop recovers too but given the Habs' obvious mental block against him, it's much better for them if he's out for the series.

PricePkPatch*

That's a total lie and you know it. I hope Bishop recovers too but given the Habs' obvious mental block against him, it's much better for them if he's out for the series.

Well.. some fans on our board DID argued they'd rather face you at your top shape.

But I am not gonna lie to you, I'd rather we don't have to face him.

But then again, I am being perfectly honest that I 100% hope he will get back to shape and have no sequel of that injury, and that he goaltend for you for years to come. you stole that guy.

ffenliv

Jan 2, 2009

Is it a lucky break for the team's playoff run if he's out? Ya, no doubt. Personally, though, and I doubt this applies to all Habs fans, I'd rather play Tampa with Bishop than without. He's been a top-tier goalie this year, and I enjoy watching hockey more with great players than without them.

Sure, Bishop in the net hurts Montreal's chances, probably significantly, but it doesn't mean I don't want to see le boys take a crack at him, get past that obvious mental block!

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I'll admit, Bishop scares me as well.

But I'm not even thinking about this until there is some real info.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I luckily have had my shoulder dislocated, but isn't that very painful?

I dislocated my shoulder once due to my own stupidity (read: not playing a sport) and it hurt like all hell. However, it didn't cause as much pain as Bishop appeared to be in. But maybe he had a more severe dislocation? I don't know :dunno:

PricePkPatch*

I dislocated my shoulder once due to my own stupidity (read: not playing a sport) and it hurt like all hell. However, it didn't cause as much pain as Bishop appeared to be in. But maybe he had a more severe dislocation? I don't know :dunno:

Thanks for the specification.

But a "more severe dislocation" would mean tissue tears, and thus wouldn't be ready soon.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Bishop having an MRI, replacement could be Gudlevskis:
Not a surprise: Bishop's agent said his client having an MRI this morning. Bishop landed awkwardly on left wrist/arm in 1st period Tuesday.

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
Pure guess, Gudlevskis but we should know soon “@coopdog59: will it be Dejardins or Gudlevaskis who gets the call up?”

Salo DTD:
Optional practice today for Lightning. Sami Salo not on the ice. He has an upper-body injury and is day-to-day.

PricePkPatch*

MRI... so there's no fracture, right?

I am fuzzy regarding modern medical techniques...

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
As vague as that statement is ("could") it's still better than "out for the rest of the season" I guess. :nod:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
As vague as that statement is ("could") it's still better than "out for the rest of the season" I guess.

I think "could" is the optimistic view, just Like Stamkos "could" have been ready in time for the Olympics.

Although I am hopeing it is just a "We already called KG up let the big guy rest."

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/LightningTimes
Bishop's MRI apparently did not show any structural damage, Cooper said. That said, Bishop will not play the rest of the regular season.
Cooper did not rule out Bishop being available for the first round of the playoffs "at some point." He said the next 5 or 6 days will tell.
Cooper was very, very cautious in describing where Bishop is at. Doesn't sound as if the Lightning really knows when he might be available.
https://twitter.com/erlendssonTBO
Ben Bishop not ruled out for start of playoffs, will not play in final 3 games, then assessed next week to see where he's at

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Per Erik
Ben Bishop not ruled out for start of playoffs, will not play in final 3 games, then assessed next week to see where he's at.

Bishop's MRI apparently did not show any structural damage, Cooper said. That said, Bishop will not play the rest of the regular season.

Cooper did not rule out Bishop being available for the first round of the playoffs "at some point." He said the next 5 or 6 days will tell.
WOOO-HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :cheers::highclap::wave::vhappy::pickle:

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Bishop (arm/wrist) out for rest of regular season

:cry: :p: :( :scared::banghead:

could play in playoffs

:jump::banana::hockey::highclap::5:

---

this is supposed to represent how I read that title and what I thought at each part. Don't want any confusion here. It's good that Bishop is getting the last three games off; been a long time coming.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->