GDT: 4/27/15 - 7:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #3 Detroit [ECQF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
We had a lot more space in the neutral zone and we could get our forecheck going. We're deadly with a strong forecheck. I think there was more support on the break out and Detroit couldn't cover all the options available. Well done Coop, finally.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
I'd be shocked if Kronwall were suspended. He's gotten away with it so many times.

He's gotten away with it when the principle contact is with his back. That was clear contact from his forearm/shoulder to the head of Kucherov after Kronwall left his feet.

Tmix

Jun 29, 2014
I think it's safe to say that was definitely paquette's best playoff performance yet

PK was huge tonight

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Kucherov showed up today. Hopefully it's just him getting used to playoff hockey and he had to break through the glass ceiling. That would be awesome.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think it's safe to say that was definitely paquette's best playoff performance yet

PK was huge tonight

It was great to see him rewarded with a goal. He had a monster third period. Boyle was fantastic too. And Coburn.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
You could make case for Kronwall's hit on Kucherov being suspendable. You could also say it's close to his multitude of non-suspended hits.

Obviously, I'd like to see him suspended. I thought it was pretty dirty. Left the feet, targeted the head. Would put the Wings down a pretty good defenseman.

But, it's the NHL. Nothing will happen. The new head of player safety won't have the balls to do that.

EDIT: And McKenzie echoes my thoughts:

Given Game 7 is on tap, I know which way I'm guessing it goes. But I could be wrong. @NHLPlayerSafety will give this one a long look.

Thank Yzer that Kucherov was alright. We'd definitely be out for blood if not.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Key players for Game 7:

Bishop
Stamkos
Johnson

Johnson is listed here because he is the last hope when nothing else is working (Stamkos).

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Man I was way down on this team the last 48 hours but what a hell of a road game they played tonight. I don't think there's really anything more to say about Tyler Johnson, he's our new Marty. Just a big game player. Nice to see Kucherov and Stamkos on the scoresheet, still need goals from them but they set up other guys for goals. A step in the right direction for both of them. Heck of a game by Victor tonight too, his best of the series by far. Breakout tonight was tons better than it has been in the last three games and an adjustment was clearly made. PK was great outside of that fluky fall by Boyle on their first goal. Bishop started well but man he looked shaky in that third, very lucky Detroit didn't put on any serious pressure. Mrazek wasn't great tonight either, could've given up 6 or 7 if not for some luck. Have to catch him overcommitting one or two times on Wednesday and bury them in the back of the net.

I thought complaining about the officiating earlier in the series was sour grapes but tonight it was awful. No excuse for Kronwall not getting a penalty on the Kucherov hit and I certainly don't expect the NHL to suspend him for a game 7. A couple other blatant calls missed as well. Good to fight through it though and get the win. Now they have to bring that intensity against Wednesday and not let up after 10 minutes if it's still 0-0 like game 5. Detroit won't fold it's going to be a war. Proud of the team to force a game 7 thought, lot of heart shown tonight.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Key players for Game 7:

Bishop
Stamkos
Johnson

Johnson is listed here because he is the last hope when nothing else is working (Stamkos).

Yeah if Stamkos wants to show up and be that elite sniper that we know he can be, Wednesday would be a great time to do so!

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Breakout tonight was pretty good. Anson Carter touched upon it in the first intermission, but our gap control was wayyyy tighter tonight than it had been. I didn't even notice it until he had said it, so spot on analysis there.

We got a little shaky after the Wings PP goal. I'd rather not have "hung on," but after Killer's goal (!!!!), we got back on track a bit.

So ready for game 7. I think we'll take it. I said it before: when this team plays under pressure, and when they have something to prove, they're damn near unbeatable. I have faith.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
You could make case for Kronwall's hit on Kucherov being suspendable. You could also say it's close to his multitude of non-suspended hits.

Obviously, I'd like to see him suspended. I thought it was pretty dirty. Left the feet, targeted the head. Would put the Wings down a pretty good defenseman.

But, it's the NHL. Nothing will happen. The new head of player safety won't have the balls to do that.

EDIT: And McKenzie echoes my thoughts:

Given Game 7 is on tap, I know which way I'm guessing it goes. But I could be wrong. @NHLPlayerSafety will give this one a long look.

Thank Yzer that Kucherov was alright. We'd definitely be out for blood if not.

Player safety should not be contingent on any other factors than enforcing the rules that have been set forth to keep guys from getting brain damage.

NOT consistency with prior (awful) rulings

NOT timing (reg season vs playoffs)

NOT what other players think of the hit

ETC ETC

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!! This league is so head-up-its-ass, three ring circus full of elephant ****, unbelievably piss poor run it makes the government look ****ing competent. Kronwall left his feet, targeted the head, and has a history. How the league could possibly justify not suspending him would be beyond human comprehension.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Key players for Game 7:

Bishop
Stamkos
Johnson

Hedman is key as well. The man with the most minutes on the Bolts. Everybody seems to use him as a scapegoat, but we'd be doomed without him, he's been a defensive juggernaut throughout the majority of the series. There have only been a few glaring mistakes.

I had to take a T/O from the main board. Don't wanna lose my sexy Heds avatar.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Our breakout was about twenty times better, which did a lot in allowing those stretch passes to get through when they were open.

I still don't like what I saw from Stamkos. That GI penalty was stupid, Mrazek's embellishment or no. He made a good pass to find Garrison as the trailer, but let's not pretend he set anything up there - that was more set up by Kucherov's strong drive to put the D on their heels. Beyond that, he didn't do much for me, and it's a bad look. And not burying that goal that TJ served to him on a platter... :facepalm:

If he can actually show up and be a positive presence, that'd really swing things in our favor.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hedman is key as well. The man with the most minutes on the Bolts. Everybody seems to use him as a scapegoat, but we'd be doomed without him, he's been a defensive juggernaut throughout the majority of the series. There have only been a few glaring mistakes.

I had to take a T/O from the main board. Don't wanna lose my sexy Heds avatar.

I've been confused about the crap Hedman has been getting this series honestly. Other than dogging it in Game 1 on that SHG, I think he's been an absolute defensive monster. He breaks up so many plays, is so excellent and has actually been really physical (for him). He's not putting up a ton of points, but I'll be damned if he hasn't been incredibly solid on the back end - our best defender so far.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Agree Hedmans been steady. A real positive from the whole series. We just need Stamkos to get going. If he does then I think game 7 is ours. Also Bishop needs to steal one. He hasn't been impressive at all. He's better than he's played.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
I think Hedman has been solid for most of the series, just thought he stepped up his game tonight. Hell of a pass to Kuch to set up the first goal and Detroit wasn't getting anything when he was on the ice tonight.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Sums it up:

Bolt Prospects ‏@BoltProspects
If Cedric Paquette hit Datsyuk like Kronwall hit Kucherov, Paquette may be expelled from the league. "Who" and "when" shouldn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad