Not open for further replies.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Palat / Johnson / Kucherov vs Glendening's line
Namestnikov / Filppula / Callahan vs Zetterberg's line
Killorn / Stamkos / Drouin vs Datsyuk's line
Paquette / Boyle / Brown vs whoever

We underestimated Detroit's speed and they are bigger more physical than us with Abdelkader and Smith in the lineup. They also make less mistakes and turnovers. Detroit is healthy and we underestimated them...that is an excellent team we are facing. Their Centers match up real well against our Centers.

What I don't like is that Cooper went back to the same lineup that dominated games one and two and CLEARLY forgot that we were facing a different team since they added Abdelkader and Smith. Cooper has to solve the Red Wings riddle with Abdelkader/Smith in the lineup ... he has to adjust his lineup to solve the problem.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Lot more wrong with this team right now than just Steven Stamkos. You guys want to trade off or fire everybody that's blowing dog, we ain't gonna have enough bodies to make up a team anymore.

JackRabbitSlim

Dec 11, 2014
In your nightmares
I wonder if we can summon the demons from 4/23/11 when we beat the Penguins 8-2. That would make tonight awesome! Got my voodoo doll ready!

Det_Voodoo.gif

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The good news. If we lose, we can finally end this and resign Stamkos to a monstrous deal.

Not sure I would call that good news, more like a wake up call. lol.

Lot more wrong with this team right now than just Steven Stamkos. You guys want to trade off or fire everybody that's blowing dog, we ain't gonna have enough bodies to make up a team anymore.

The Awesome

Johnson

The Good

Boyle, Callahan, Killorn, Nesterov, Stralman

The not so good

Hedman, Palat, Flip, Bishop, Paquette, The Cooper effect

The Ugly. No not Drouin

Stamkos, Kucherov, Vladdy

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
The Lightning are one game from having their season end in the first round for the second straight year, but there isn't much panic. Defenseman Victor Hedman was part of the Lightning team that came back from a 3-1 series deficit against the Pittsburgh Penguins in the first round of the 2011 playoffs.

"We were down 3-1 and had to go into [Pittsburgh] to take it to Game 6," Hedman told the Lightning website. "It's all about belief, and belief that you can do it. I'm not worried about this group at all. We know we can do it and that's kind of the mindset we touched on today."

Forward Brian Boyle and defenseman Anton Stralman were with the New York Rangers last year when they trailed the Penguins 3-1 in the second round but rallied to win that series.

"Sometimes you can surprise yourself with what you're capable of doing," Boyle said. "…People write you off; it's fine. We're a confident group. We need to play better than we have is the bottom line. I don't think we've played as well as we can. We've won two of five. We have a chance to tie it up. It's going to be difficult obviously but we have a chance to do it."

Please, lead us guys. Because Stammer isn't gonna do it.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
All I gather from that is that the Penguins blow a disproportionate amount of 3-1 series leads. For good measure, they've also blown 3-0 in their history, so, yeah.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
All I gather from that is that the Penguins blow a disproportionate amount of 3-1 series leads. For good measure, they've also blown 3-0 in their history, so, yeah.
It shows that certain players on this team have been in undesired elimination games, but came back. Doesn't matter if its the same team that choked, at least they have been in the situation, and those are the guys that need to lead by example.

Not sure how that's hard not to get.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
At least I'm on vacation in NYC so I have some positives while following this crap of a series.

Just win please.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Sorry. I should've added a :sarcasm: note. That was merely a snide comment about the Penguins.
Oh okay, well fair enough. At least we don't have the best player on the planet, and struggle in the playoffs lately like they have. And when they did well, they had fairly easy trips to the SCF.

Win or lose, this should be a valuable learning experience. But hopefully certain people wake up and light Mrazek up like a Christmas tree.

ALL we have to do is be solid defensively and score on Mrazek. That's seriously all it takes. One goal on Mrazek is enough to shake his confidence. Then the flood gates will open.

ArmaHedman

Nov 30, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Coop and the bolts have to solve the riddle of the Wings slowing us down and clogging the neutral zone.

We have had all year to fix the PP, I have 0 faith they will suddenly figure it out in this game!

Being out coached and out worked, 1 or both of these have to change!

Now or never boys! Go Bolts!

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Oh okay, well fair enough. At least we don't have the best player on the planet, and struggle in the playoffs lately like they have. And when they did well, they had fairly easy trips to the SCF.

Win or lose, this should be a valuable learning experience. But hopefully certain people wake up and light Mrazek up like a Christmas tree.

ALL we have to do is be solid defensively and score on Mrazek. That's seriously all it takes. One goal on Mrazek is enough to shake his confidence. Then the flood gates will open.

Mrazek either shuts us out, or gives up a ton of goals against us. So yeah we get that first one, early, and get the first goal of the game, we have a good shot.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
If we get a PP goal today we win.
If not we lose.

Same can be said about the team that has the lead.
If we get the lead we win, if not... well, we better pray

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Killorn-Stamkos-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Namestnikov-Filppula-Paquette
Morrow-Boyle-Brown

If we lose this series, it's officially on Coop first and foremost. There's just no excuse for that. The man is blind.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Getting Nesterov back will not save the Crunch. Hell, we could send them half the Bolts roster and they'd still be in trouble. They have to win 3 in a row now, I believe.

As for keeping the same lineup tonight? I can't ****ing even... It makes no ******* sense!!

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Killorn-Stamkos-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Namestnikov-Filppula-Paquette
Morrow-Boyle-Brown

If we lose this series, it's officially on Coop first and foremost. There's just no excuse for that. The man is blind.

And not finding a way to have Nesterov on the PP. That's pure ****. The PP at least was dangerous with him getting pucks through and distributing form the Center-point.

There is absolutely no reason for Namesy to be in the lineup over Drouin. Even if we ****ing manage to win this game on the road with that lineup, Cooper has proven himself to be utterly incapable of adapting quickly enough to the other team. It's not a matter of execution at evens, it's a matter of scheme and personnel. Same with the PP.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You know, we've now scratched the guy who remains our second leading scorer, in a series we've struggled to score in, in back-to-back games. Despite being shut out and playing poorly in the previous one. #CoopAgainstTheGrain

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith
Babcock on Cooper's interference comment: "The most determined team fights through. If you're not determined, you can't fight through."

He's 100% right. You can ***** and moan about it all you want, but the good teams find a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad