GDT: 4/27/15 - 7:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #3 Detroit [ECQF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
I'm shocked. Never did I expect the NHL to actually enforce any rules that might help Tampa.

Do I think it was dirty? No not really.
Do I think it was illegal? Yes, by the spirit of the rule if not by the letter of it.
Do I think Tampa Bay (Palat, Callahan) have gotten away with similar hits? Yes, but no situation is identical to another.

Am I shocked that he was suspended given his history with hits and that this was a game 7? Yes (but the game and history shouldn't matter when reviewing hits).

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
To me the difference is Glendenning saw Palat coming and stopped leaving himself open to a bad hit. If he keeps skating Palat hits him in the shoulder.

Very similar to Abdelkader on Garrison how the result was worse because of the circumstances.

Kronwalls suspension was explained very well in the NHL video.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Palats hit was a 2 min charging penalty at worst. He didn't launch himself like Kronwall, he did jump a bit though. And the main difference is Glendenning changed his position with his stopping at the last second, and Palats shoulder , not elbow or forearm, his the side of Glendennings head while the rest of his hit was followed through on the body.

Head contact is legal when there is body contact on the follow through and the head was hit while making a NORMAL CHECKING MOTION. Again, 2 mins for charging simply because his foot was off the ice on contact, but that's it.

Main board is so fun. I'm trying to stay out of it though. Don't really feel like saying the same things over and over again to red wings fans who won't ever change their view anyway.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Wow, I never though they would give him the game suspension. I agree with the suspension, the hits the kind you want out of the game. If he doesnt leave his feet and lead with the elbow, he could have got away with it. But I think since he did both, the league had to call him on it.

This scares me though. This is when Tampa typically screws up and doesnt show up to play...

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Soooo tired of talking about the hit and subsequent suspension. Hopefully we can ****ing show up and take care of business - don't care who's on the other team.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
There is no real excuse to lose.

Team is healthy.
Home ice
That alone should be enough.

I just hope they show up like they did in game 2 and 6 and not like in 3 and 5.

This is the time to make a statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad