Batman
37AB9B3C-1EFA-4569-8ACA-4CA9FC00B9B9.jpeg

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Momentum is real
Tell that to the 18-19 Bolts.

This has been a fun little run and it has been a blast to watch Stammer, Kuch and Heddy all reach significant milestones together, but we, and most importantly, the team, know that what we've been seeing for the past four games will bear no resemblance to the level of intensity that will commence next week. It will be the Bolts experience, both of winning Cups and of bitter, shocking defeat, not momentum, that will be the most important factor if they are to make "Cap Era" history.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Tell that to the 18-19 Bolts.

This has been a fun little run and it has been a blast to watch Stammer, Kuch and Heddy all reach significant milestones together, but we, and most importantly, the team, know that what we've been seeing for the past four games will bear no resemblance to the level of intensity that will commence next week. It will be the Bolts experience, both of winning Cups and of bitter, shocking defeat, not momentum, that will be the most important factor if they are to make "Cap Era" history.
Say what? Ok buddy. Momentum is evil. Thanks for the heads up. SMDH

• Haha
Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Shake your head all you want. Check the records. Playing well going into the post season is a decided non-factor in determining playoff success.
I never claimed it did. Not sure what you used to be called around here but I am just glad we got our heads out of our arses. Now run along...

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
I never claimed it did. Not sure what you used to be called around here but I am just glad we got our heads out of our arses. Now run along...
I think you did. Or maybe you have another interpretation to share with us about the meaning of "Momentum is real" in that context?

It's been fun, but the evidence suggests that it doesn't mean much as it relates to regular season vs playoffs.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Who is us? You're the only person going after me about some silly 3 word phrase.

Either you're too young to be up this late or just someone I'd prefer to no longer have idiotic back and forth with...see ya. SMDH

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Who is us? You're the only person going after me about some silly 3 word phrase.

Either you're too young to be up this late or just someone I'd prefer to no longer have idiotic back and forth with...see ya. SMDH
Going after you? All I did was point out that momentum in the context of the regular season vs playoffs statistically doesn't mean much. That's all. Just read the posts, all of sudden folks here are trying to decide who the damn Conn Smythe winner is going to be, Vasy or Stammer? A bit premature, no?

Last edited:

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Going after you? All I did was point out that momentum in the context of the regular season vs playoffs statistically doesn't mean much. That's all. Just read the posts, all of sudden folks here are trying to decide who the damn Conn Smythe winner is going to be, Vasy or Stammer? A bit premature, no?
People are excited and have every right to be happy, no reason to shit on their parade. We all root for the same team (I think you do I don’t know your username either) and should be happy with the recent success. Their play these past few games is a way better sign than the way they were playing previously.

Reactions: Hoek

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
3rd period looked like "stick in the lane" practice.

We are playing with our food now.

Reactions: Hoek

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Great to see Stammer finally hit 100 points. It's a great achievement after all the injuries. Hell, some even were saying he would have to retire because of the injuries.

It's fun to watch this team when they're firing on all cylinders. May that continue for a couple of more months.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
While the momentum may not carry over it's still important to confirm to themselves that they CAN still play the right way. That's the main takeaway I think.

Reactions: NatoGhost

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Another thing of note: Stamkos and Kuch went on a tear together there. Before you couldn’t keep them on a line together for more than a shift before they started turning it over and played like poo.

Reactions: Hoek and NatoGhost

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad