GDT: 4/25/15 - 6:00PM EDT - #3 Detroit VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
i think the lightening have the better two top lines. But the wings have better goal tending, depth, and coaching.

Everything on TB is better except at this point coaching. Bishop is better than Mrazek but he sure as hell isnt showing it this series. Hes been bad. 1 bad goal in every game, and most have been back breakers.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Talk feels cheep right now, need to show it on the ice.

This gives me no hope whatsoever.

Cooper needs to take his line up card and burn it right now, not talk about how you'd hate for the season to end tomorrow. No ****, we'd hate for that to happen as well

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011
Rangers fan coming here in peace. Love watching your team and was just curious with how you guys felt about the 3 former Rangers. I have watched every game and it really is amazing how much Brian Boyle steps up his game in the playoffs. The guy is noticeable constantly and it is truly a pleasure watching him. Anton Stralman was always my favorite Ranger and he seems like he also always steps it up in the playoffs. I have not noticed him as much, but maybe that is a good thing. I was also surprised to see he was getting so much PP time. Was very curious to everyone's thoughts on him.

Finally, Ryan Callahan seems like the Ryan Callahan that I always remember in the playoffs. Doesn't do much and is not very noticeable. I truly believe unless the Rangers win a Stanley Cup this year, you guys won the trade with getting 2 first round picks. It just seems like Callahan is continuing to prove why I didn't want the Rangers to go anywhere near his contract demands. Would you guys say that statement is accurate or is he just having a rough series? I am sure it will make you guys feel better as well that Marty looks pretty much done.

Anyway good luck and hope you guys can extend this series. Really enjoy watching Tampa play.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Rangers fan coming here in peace. Love watching your team and was just curious with how you guys felt about the 3 former Rangers. I have watched every game and it really is amazing how much Brian Boyle steps up his game in the playoffs. The guy is noticeable constantly and it is truly a pleasure watching him. Anton Stralman was always my favorite Ranger and he seems like he also always steps it up in the playoffs. I have not noticed him as much, but maybe that is a good thing. I was also surprised to see he was getting so much PP time. Was very curious to everyone's thoughts on him.

Finally, Ryan Callahan seems like the Ryan Callahan that I always remember in the playoffs. Doesn't do much and is not very noticeable. I truly believe unless the Rangers win a Stanley Cup this year, you guys won the trade with getting 2 first round picks. It just seems like Callahan is continuing to prove why I didn't want the Rangers to go anywhere near his contract demands. Would you guys say that statement is accurate or is he just having a rough series? I am sure it will make you guys feel better as well that Marty looks pretty much done.

Anyway good luck and hope you guys can extend this series. Really enjoy watching Tampa play.

Boyle:
I like a lot what he brings, perfect guy to have and I thought he played well even in the last game, he got a great attitude and work ethic and has chipped in some points as well.

Stralman:
Been great for us, though maybe only "good" in these series against the Red Wings, should be paired with Hedman as those to play well together.

Callahan:
Started off the series in a great way I thought, tackled and was a pest (in a good way) for the Wings. Then he fell off, maybe his style of game takes too much energy? Not sure..when he is good he is a great asset but he falls out of the frame now and then, like in the last two games when we need him as most.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Rough game. That sucked. I see a lot of you have lost your avatars, glad I wasn't on the boards last night to lose mine.

I have faith they'll push it to 7. But beyond that, I'm not sure.

#SeenStamkos ?

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
Can't wait to see Morrow and Namestnikov give it their all tomorrow night. **** you Coop

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Finally addressing the elephant in the room ?

Wow. I can't believe Coop actually acknowledged it. That's actually a step in the right direction because, if it gets any attention, it could force the league to call the next game.

Our PP is struggling yet again, but I'll still take them if it forces Detroit to cover us without clutching and grabbing. They can't keep up in foot races.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Wow. I can't believe Coop actually acknowledged it. That's actually a step in the right direction because, if it gets any attention, it could force the league to call the next game.

Our PP is struggling yet again, but I'll still take them if it forces Detroit to cover us without clutching and grabbing. They can't keep up in foot races.

My thoughts exactly.

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011
Boyle:
I like a lot what he brings, perfect guy to have and I thought he played well even in the last game, he got a great attitude and work ethic and has chipped in some points as well.

Stralman:
Been great for us, though maybe only "good" in these series against the Red Wings, should be paired with Hedman as those to play well together.

Callahan:
Started off the series in a great way I thought, tackled and was a pest (in a good way) for the Wings. Then he fell off, maybe his style of game takes too much energy? Not sure..when he is good he is a great asset but he falls out of the frame now and then, like in the last two games when we need him as most.

Thank you for the response. It killed me when you guys got Stralman. He was so underrated when it came to other team's fan bases. I was furious when we signed Boyle for the same 4.5 million you guys gave Stralman. It makes it even worse now that we have Yandle now, so really no need for Boyle. I am glad he has been great all year for you guys.

That is pretty much what I expected to hear about Callahan. The guy is a heart and soul guy, but he is not overly skilled and talented. He takes an absolute pounding during the year and when it comes to the postseason he is just a diminished player. Great 3rd line guy, but was playing top 6 minutes for the Rangers and seems like the same in Tampa. Just my opinion, but I think that is going to be a real rough contract down the road.

One a completely different note, wow are you guys lucky to have Tyler Johnson. Unreal how good that kid is. Hell of a find by your organization.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Boyle:

Stralman:

Callahan:

Callahan was great in Game 4. It was only in G5 he struggled. Up until then, he had been one of our best three or four forwards. Coop actually singled him out recently as a guy who's been playing really well.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
Trade Hedman? Oh lawdy. You people are ridiculous.

Sorry if you are a fan of a 6'7" powder puff who has regressed instead of getting better but he is nowhere near the Norris candidate he was destined to become by some of his "Hedmonster" fans. Trade him while he still has some value. Guarantee some idiot GM would overpay for him at this point.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Cally was one of the very rare players to show up in that series and to play something close to playoffs hockey. Boy, he's probably the least of the issues on my long ass list.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Callahan has been one of our most consistent forwards in the playoffs. Yeah like him to score, but would also like all the other forwards not named Tyler Johnson to score as well. Last game he was off, but the entire team was off, except maybe Johnson.

The guy plays like he gives a crap, does what he can, and plays both sides of the well. He should not be the go to guy to score goals, that guy is Stamkos. Yeah he does not have the skill set of an elite forward but a 50 point player is far from a 3rd liner.

Also, Stralman and Boyle have been awesome, they likely would not have signed if it was not for the influence of Callahan so there is that from what I've heard.

Thank you for the response. It killed me when you guys got Stralman. He was so underrated when it came to other team's fan bases. I was furious when we signed Boyle for the same 4.5 million you guys gave Stralman. It makes it even worse now that we have Yandle now, so really no need for Boyle. I am glad he has been great all year for you guys.

That is pretty much what I expected to hear about Callahan. The guy is a heart and soul guy, but he is not overly skilled and talented. He takes an absolute pounding during the year and when it comes to the postseason he is just a diminished player. Great 3rd line guy, but was playing top 6 minutes for the Rangers and seems like the same in Tampa. Just my opinion, but I think that is going to be a real rough contract down the road.

One a completely different note, wow are you guys lucky to have Tyler Johnson. Unreal how good that kid is. Hell of a find by your organization.

A guy who scores over 20 goals and puts up around 50 points with the potential of more should not be in the boat of a 3rd liner. He gets that label because of his physical play, like a Dustin Brown type. Dustin Brown has fallen off a cliff, Callahan has re-found his game and offense again after having a down season last year due to injuries, off-season surgery, and etc. Nice bounce back to tie his career 54 points this season.

He gets top 6 min time because of his play, he was put on the 3rd line this season for a number of games because the 3rd line was hurting, top line was then struggling so was put back up to the top line. But it's like with the Rangers the guy shows up to play and gets promoted.

Anyway , good luck in the playoffs. Rangers organization did me in, but still root for those players on that team which I still like.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
How has Coburn played for you guys?

My only complaint about Coburn is he's not a right shot who can play the PP. :sarcasm:

He's been a great acquisition seriously. I guess it says a lot that Flyers fans continue to inquire about his performance instead of dismissing him already.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I had Bolts in 5 in this series, so my prediction is already shot to hell. Not sold on anything just yet, it's still anyone's series in my view.

I'm not sure Coop has any answer for Babcock's gameplan. Babs knows that the Wings can't skate with us and they certainly can't score with us if we are allowed to play our game. He also knows that the rules change in the playoffs (for some ******* reason) and he isn't (and has no reason to be) afraid of our PP. I don't blame the Wings one bit for playing the way they are. If this joke of a league allows them to do it and our PP won't make them pay for the penalties they do take, why the **** wouldn't he do it? Not really cheating if the arbiters of the sport see what you're doing and rule it is ok.

The blame for this rests on us. The coaching staff has done a very subpar job with preparation and strategizing, personnel decisions, and getting good special teams together. The refs/league are only indirectly responsible. We still had 24 PP's in 5 games. Only scoring on 2 of those is inexcusable. Scoring just 2 more could have been the difference between being down 3-2 and being up 3-2.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
I'm quickly losing confidence in bubble gum Coop. Bishop... he's alright but he's not a shutdown playoff goalie who is going to steal a game. Us? We are talented as hell... but we are up against a veteran (great) coach and they are taking away our speed (part us... part refs) I have little confidence we can win in Detroit. If we do I think we will win in TB

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Sorry if you are a fan of a 6'7" powder puff who has regressed instead of getting better but he is nowhere near the Norris candidate he was destined to become by some of his "Hedmonster" fans. Trade him while he still has some value. Guarantee some idiot GM would overpay for him at this point.

Yeah I got news for you. The only idiot GM in a trade involving Hedman is the one who traded him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad