AMr7IKu.png

7xshrI1.png

dpRftwl.png

XJH2lov.png

7ib0.png

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Play like we did in game 3 and a win is at least possible. They better come out flying since it's essentially "do or die".

ThunderBuddy

Apr 20, 2014
Last game was a clear improvement apart from all the "Typical Montreal" BS. Here's to a great game and a "W". There's still a chance...

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Well it's win or we are done, and that absolutly means it is time to hit the Panik Button.

panik_button1.jpg

Go Lightning :bolts

So obviously it would be swell if the Lightning were to score more goals than they allow the Canadiens to score against them in the contest of hockey taking place this eve.

Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.
Sun Tzu
:bolts

And with that I leave you all with some more Epic FF Music

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I expect Lindback to either make a lot of saves and we win or not make many and we lose. I went out on a limb with that prediction so hopefully he doesn't let me down.

Crombeen has to be out, so who's back in Kucherov or Panik? Pyatt might be out as he didn't do a whole lot out there. If Salo goes Barbs is most likely out, he had flashes but too many mistakes especially with a big game like this. Not sure why Paquette is playing 3rd line over 4th, he's got great energy but isn't good enough in our own zone and cost us a couple of goals. Thompson should be playing 3C.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Really is shame that after everything this team went through to get here, they could be swept out this easily.

I don't think we have any fight left. The goal being called off kinda felt like the killer for us. Lindback isn't an NHL back-up, let alone a starter and this defense is too slow and makes too many mistakes. SFY has a lot of work to do this offseason addressing some of these issues. While I hope the offseason doesnt start today, I would be surprised if it didn't.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Just focus on ONE win. Just one. Don't even think of games 5, 6, or 7. The only game is game 4, so just win it.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Would it be better for us if we lost tonight? For next season I mean. Is it better to have this bad taste in the team's mouth for next year? Then they come out flying.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Would it be better for us if we lost tonight? For next season I mean. Is it better to have this bad taste in the team's mouth for next year? Then they come out flying.

I doubt it. And from management's point of view, everything past the regular season is just gravy, so I don't think a short or deep playoff run would change their long-term plans either way, which wasn't the case in 2011 because of Roloson's performance. Everyone knows our strengths and weaknesses, management most of all.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa

I don't think a loss is good tonight. Getting swept isn't great for team morale. Let the guys get at least 1 win for their confidence.

TheViperOne

Jul 26, 2005
Hey guys

Good luck tonight. IMO you guys pull the next two out and we finish it at home. Hopefully not because that would give me a heart attack.

Our referee karma from last game has officially bitten us.

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 13 min

The referees for Game 4 in Montreal tonight are Chris Lee and Francois St-Laurent.

Both (Chris lee especially) have done us no favors over the years and I believe our record with Chris lee is 3-13 or something foolish. Hopefully the habs worked on their PK this practice!

Best of luck to you guys and let's see a good game

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Play a good 60 minutes tonight and we might get a chance to see another 60 minutes on Friday night.

I will post that for every GDT left for this series, so I hope this isn't the only time I get to say that.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Hey guys

Good luck tonight. IMO you guys pull the next two out and we finish it at home. Hopefully not because that would give me a heart attack.

Our referee karma from last game has officially bitten us.

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 13 min

The referees for Game 4 in Montreal tonight are Chris Lee and Francois St-Laurent.

Both (Chris lee especially) have done us no favors over the years and I believe our record with Chris lee is 3-13 or something foolish. Hopefully the habs worked on their PK this practice!

Best of luck to you guys and let's see a good game

I feel like this could apply to just about any NHL team :laugh:

warlord6

Jan 13, 2010
FLA
"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?"
Gimli- Return of the King (Movie)

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Isn't Chris Lee the referee who worked the last regular season game between us and the Habs? If so, what the hell is he doing reffing in the playoffs? That was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen.

It's really hard to get excited for this game knowing the season is pretty much over already. On the other hand I hope we don't get swept but then on the other I hope this torture is over after tonight. I haven't had fun watching this series so far at all. Montreal has played well no doubt but we've been a stinking pile of **** for about eight of the ten periods so far and that tends to take a toll.

To add to horrible no goal in our last game, this goal was allowed against my favourite Finnish team in the overtime of game four of the finals:

That goal put them into a 3-1 hole and they'll probably lose too. What made it funnier was that they said Plihal didn't have any contact with Rynnäs when everyone who has eyes can see he made contact and pushed Rynnäs into the net. To add to already a already horrible call, my favourite teams goal was disallowed when their player got pushed into Metsola, the other team's goalie, and he sold the hit like he was shot.

tl;dr we don't get it any better here when it comes to refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad