GDT: 4/2/16 - 7:00PM EDT - New Jersey VS Tampa Bay

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Thank God... we really needed to pull this one off. Feels that much better that it's the Devils. That's meant out of respect considering they play us so hard. By far one of my most dreaded teams on the schedule.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Florida takes lead with 28 seconds left, figures. :shakehead lucky ********!

Well if we hadn't played like **** against the Panthers and Habs the last few games we wouldn't have been in this position. Instead the boys are probably in the locker room right now patting themselves on the back that they finally managed to win a damn game against a non-playoff team.

GollyG

Apr 4, 2015
In a Storm Cloud
Thank God... we really needed to pull this one off. Feels that much better that it's the Devils. That's meant out of respect considering they play us so hard. By far one of my most dreaded teams on the schedule.

Yes! I'd be feeling a lot worse right now if we'd lost, knowing Florida just won. I'm glad we had to fight for this win. :)

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
With Florida winning I'm even happier that the Bolts won this one. I don't think we have a chance to win the division but we need to keep pace at least. Let's carry some winning momentum into the playoffs

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
We looked slow for the first 40 minutes but hopefully that has more to do with all the whistles. 6 PPs for the Devils, 7 for the Bolts. Games like that where the action gets chopped up into smaller segments and special team play are back and forth are hard to get anything good sustained. Very hard to get a rhythm going.

Detroit and Florida both won, so these 2 points became even bigger now.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Was pretty sure we would be blaming the power play for a loss but then they actually scored on the bajillionth attempt. Go figure.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yes! I'd be feeling a lot worse right now if we'd lost, knowing Florida just won. I'm glad we had to fight for this win. :)

At this point I don't care who we face. We've had such mixed results against the Islanders, Red Wings and Bruins that I'm mentally preparing myself for the fact that the ride could be cut short because they are the 3 stingiest and grittiest teams in the playoff race. It's been almost 80 games and the Lightning haven't proven to me that they are willing to battle it out with a team like that for 7 games. This is far and away the laziest Lightning team I have ever watched minus the gong show at the end of the Guy Boucher era.

Edit: we literally DO NOT work until we absolutely have to. Tonight was an "absolutely have to" and it was met with a proper sense of urgency. Odds are about 3:1 we don't take at least one of these remaining games seriously and put on a **** show because we got comfy with ourselves again.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Still feel uncomfortable with 5 point lead and 4 games remaining on the road. Not easy games either. All teams looking for revenge on their home ice. Islanders are looking for revenge after their last loss against us. Rangers looking to make sure we don't make the playoffs after we beat them last year in the ECF. Devils always play us tough. And then nothing would make Montreal happier than to end our playoff hopes. We gotta take at least two of them to make it I think.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Still feel uncomfortable with 5 point lead and 4 games remaining on the road. Not easy games either. All teams looking for revenge on their home ice. Islanders are looking for revenge after their last loss against us. Rangers looking to make sure we don't make the playoffs after we beat them last year in the ECF. Devils always play us tough. And then nothing would make Montreal happier than to end our playoff hopes. We gotta take at least two of them to make it I think.
No one more win and we are in

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Our magic number is 2. One win or even one regulation loss by the Wings and we are in. Two overtime or shootout losses by Detroit also.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Just got back from the game .good win, and Nesterov was in beast mode tonight. Really impressed with him. Wished Koekkoek would of played though. :(

Dynobolt

Apr 1, 2016
Wow don't be so negative guys. Reading through this most had us down and out before the first puck drop. And we won and scored a pp goal. Without stammer.
My positives from the gamE out weigh the negatives

P.s I thought Boyle was awesome. Looked a lot more dangerous than usual and really stepped up a gear in the absence of stammer. And last few games notice him really doing well in protecting hedman and that's so important we can't afford to lose another d man expecially of hedmans fibre. Been worrying about him lately because he does seem to skate a lot of minutes doesn't he

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad