GDT: 4/2/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I thought Palat had a rare "meh" game. Him and Kuch look a little off, and Namestnikov seemed like he got the least icetime of all of our forwards tonight.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Not even mad. **** the Bruins. Ottawa wanted the win badly. The Lightning played a solid game and the young guys looked good. If Witkowski and/or 2Koek gets sent down for Sustr I'm going to be pissed.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Those lines are just brutal, have not scored an ES goal in two games now. But I know these won't be the lines going into the playoffs.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Not looking good heading into the playoffs at all

Dude - 4 AHL Dmen right now. We are missing 3/4ths of our top 4 - not going to look great.

Honestly, I'm pretty happy with our effort all things considered. I am kinda... disappointed with how bad we are on the road this season though. So bad.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Grabbing a point with the defense we present is pretty good in my opinion. Against a hungry desperate team that wants to be in the playoff. Stammer needs to score some goals though

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We looked decent. Ottawa were playing for their lives. We still managed to go toe-to-toe with them with half our lineup out. We're fine.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Not even mad. **** the Bruins. Ottawa wanted the win badly. The Lightning played a solid game and the young guys looked good. If Witkowski and/or 2Koek gets sent down for Sustr I'm going to be pissed.

Ya I'm done with sustr we got better in house options

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
This wasn't a bad game for us. Some very impressive play by the young defensemen out there. I am really impressed by Koekkoek. I am starting to see why we took him at 10 now :yo:

We are 1 point from home ice, and still in the hunt for the division. Big thing is, the sens can still catch up, and Detroit is starting to flounder. How crazy would it be if this Bruins game sends them on a free fall?

And Bring on the Bruins. I want that matchup. If we want to exorcise some demons, lets starts by taking on the one team that we are worst against. We need to prove to ourselves that we can beat anyone.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Dude - 4 AHL Dmen right now. We are missing 3/4ths of our top 4 - not going to look great.

Honestly, I'm pretty happy with our effort all things considered. I am kinda... disappointed with how bad we are on the road this season though. So bad.
were not getting Garrison or coburn back in round on so this is it plus Hedman

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Not even mad, I want Ottawa to make playoffs, Detroit and Boston both have 93 points now tho....... I have no idea who we are going to play in the 1st round now.

Bish played well tonight, I'm really impressed with Koekkoek, I would not mind if he stuck around with the Lightning for Playoffs. I already like him more than that dumpster fire known as Sustr.

Good luck Ottawa, may the odds in your favour.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

We can't send Sustr down and Koekkoek is up on an emergency recall. He's also a left D. It's Witkowski vs. Sustr, and I think Witko is also up on an emergency recall.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
If Washington wins, they actually move in front of the Pens and Isles!

Who can figure this stuff out? The Metro's 2-3-4 will be decided by a random generator as much as anything. And the Atlantic 3-4...eff off Detroit.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

This. Missing Hedman, Garrison, Coburn, and Sustr is huge. It affects all parts of our game. Everything really.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hammond is now 16-1-1. Pretty crazy. I think that set a record for the best start of a goalie's career.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I agree that it was still a good game even if we could have used the two points.

One other thing that is effected with TJ, Hedman and Garrison out is our PK, didn't suffer from it today but you saw it during the TOR game.

Bolto

?
Nov 3, 2006
Spring Hill, FL
Not too bad considering the motivation factor for Ottawa and our injuries.

Booston in round one, Detroit's schedule is too hard and they're fading fast. We need one more point to secure home ice in round one.

It would be nice to get some wins at the end and come into the playoffs on an up note............................

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Also - Stammer is back on my **** list. 10-15 games of playing like you give a **** is great, but the other 65 you should give a **** too.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
We can't send Sustr down and Koekkoek is up on an emergency recall. He's also a left D. It's Witkowski vs. Sustr, and I think Witko is also up on an emergency recall.

It depends on who gets healthy and when. Hedman is most likely to be back first and I'm guessing 2Koek will be sent back down next week. If Sustr comes back next I'd want to see him benched and Witko to keep playing. If Coburn or Garrison comes back first then I'm fine seeing Witko and Koek sent back down. Worst case scenario would be if Nesterov is benched so Barbs-Sustr can play together in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad