GDT: 4/2/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Florida VS Tampa Bay

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
And there's a good goaltender stealing 2 points for his ****** team. Miller or bust.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Purcell came in too straight.
Hedman came in too straight.
Stamkos came in too straight.

What the **** Cooper? Didn't practice shootout this morning?

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Damn shame. They deserved more from this. When you put up 40+ shots and only get 2, you're not gonna win.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Those trys from Purcell and Hedman were dump, they should know how long his legs are and should try to should it high. Put one point is better than 0

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
How do you lose to the ****ing Florida Panthers?

You have suspect goaltending and defense and you're playing against a goalie capable of stealing a game. Simple as that.

Markstrom was out-****ing-standing. That game was out of hand fast without him. Garon was actually half way respectable but when he's fighting off every single minor shot put his way in the first frame, that's just setting off signals for the opposing team.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Can't get mad, really. Don't like either goal Garon gave up too much (especially not the second), but Markstrom was a ****ing wall. Only way we could beat him was getting really dirty goals. Props to him, I'm not looking forward to playing him for the next ten seasons.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
At least we got a point...the list is too long regarding what I would give to see a Lightning goalie this season steal a game/have a shutout (in a full game...not in relief of a bad goalie)! Nice to hear the high of "highs and lows" in Purcell's game was on display tonight.

Has anyone watched the highlights from the Wsh-Car game tonight? MAB carried the puck in the zone on a PP, made an awful pass, and set up a 2on1 SHG for Wsh. He is exactly what we thought he is. He had an assist on a PP goal for them as well in the 1st, but I knew the Wsh SHG was coming before anyone else in Raleigh.

EDIT-"Relevant" stats from FL v. TB:

Faceoffs: 33-32 FL
Shots: 41-25 TB

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Just got back from the game, many of beers from the party deck. The Bolts played outstanding but not nearly as great as Markstrom did. It felt like the Bolts had the puck in their zone the entire game only to give up 2 realllly quick PP goals to the Panthers.

I had a very good vantage point of the game, club level front row directly behind the net, they played a hell of a game but were outdone by goaltending and poor PK. I hate to be bias because I have Teddy on my fantasy squad but from my POV he looked great and was easily the most noticeable player out there tonight.

Sustr did not look good however. I did not read through the last few pages to see if that was common consensus but he looked pretty bad, got stuck with the puck a lot when he should have sent it.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
My bad guys. I went to the game drunk and didn't know what was going on the entire time. Didn't even know we went to a shootout. Blame me, not cooper.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Why are these Pejorative Slurs shooting at his legs?!

Shooting at a tall goalie's legs is common practice. IDK if there's numbers to support it, but the logic for doing so is based on being able to get second chances, which by design the shootout does not allow.

Purcell came in too straight.
Hedman came in too straight.
Stamkos came in too straight.

What the **** Cooper? Didn't practice shootout this morning?

Cooper has indicated that he's not interested in overcoaching.

TurboBrick

Mar 26, 2012
SATX
Tampa Bay Lightning 2 - Jacob Markström 3. He's used to stealing games in the AHL with a pathetic group in front of him.. oh wait, those are actually pretty much the same guys in front of him even in the NHL.

On the positive side... holy crap Victor Hedman is FAST! Also, those push ups must have helped because Matt Carle's shots looked better to me last night. Not great, but better.

Finish 9-3-1 and we still have an 80% chance at playoffs with over 50% chance of winning SE.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad