GDT: 4/19/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Detroit vs Tampa Bay

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Just start Elliott the rest of the way, as he's been the better goalie overall recently and at least he usually looks like he cares to be out there most starts(even with the Swiss cheese this team calls a defense in front of him). Vasy is either in his head, just not caring, or something else is wrong, but either way he needs to find it fast as this team isn't going far without him playing at least above average hockey.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Might not make any difference overall but still, you can't be losing to a team like Detroit. Classic trap game that I didn't expect anything from though. It's a bad loss but at the same time, I didn't care enough about this game to be bothered by the result.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Might not make any difference overall but still, you can't be losing to a team like Detroit. Classic trap game that I didn't expect anything from though. It's a bad loss but at the same time, I didn't care enough about this game to be bothered by the result.
Fair take, Ws and Ls pretty meaningless. It was already a safe bet that we weren't going to get home ice for the first round, or maybe any round, so who cares? The Vasy concern, on the other hand, is real and definitely something to be bothered about.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Fair take, Ws and Ls pretty meaningless. It was already a safe bet that we weren't going to get home ice for the first round, or maybe any round, so who cares? The Vasy concern, on the other hand, is real.
Worst he’s looked in his career, I can think of maybe one other stretch like this. And it’s not necessarily the stats, either.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Please start Elliott against Toronto and Florida, no reason to watch Vasy get shelled two more times. Give him 2 ofvthe last 3 starts vs CBS and NYI, then hope he's got some of his form back for G1. Unlike the last two runs though, where there was 100% no doubt Vasy was the every game starter barring injury, can't say that with certainty this time.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Please start Elliott against Toronto and Florida, no reason to watch Vasy get shelled two more times. Give him 2 ofvthe last 3 starts vs CBS and NYI, then hope he's got some of his form back for G1. Unlike the last two runs though, where there was 100% no doubt Vasy was the every game starter barring injury, can't say that with certainty this time.
I wouldn't start him again until playoffs. I'd err on the side of getting him hungry, rested and hopefully pissed off versus whatever form he might regain (doubtful) in the next week and a half, particularly since the team playing in front of him can't get their shit together either. Just gonna have to hope the switch is working and that what we're seeing now is a combination of impatience and boredom.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I wouldn't start him again until playoffs. I'd err on the side of getting him hungry, rested and hopefully pissed off versus whatever form he might regain (doubtful) in the next week and a half, particularly since the team playing in front of him can't get their shit together either. Just gonna have to hope the switch is working and that what we're seeing now is a combination of impatience and boredom.
Certainly a reasonable approach as well. If he comes out G1 and shits the bed, Coop should have no doubt in starting Elliott G2 l, or at least have Vasy on a very short leash.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Certainly a reasonable approach as well. If he comes out G1 and shits the bed, Coop should have no doubt in starting Elliott G2 l, or at least have Vasy on a very short leash.
If what you wrote happens, (and so the rest of the team will have problems as well), you can play with Elliott, Pasquale, Anefelt or whoever you want...the fact is that we'll be eliminated in 4-5 games.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
If what you wrote happens, (and so the rest of the team will have problems as well), you can play with Elliott, Pasquale, Anefelt or whoever you want...the fact is that we'll be eliminated in 4-5 games.
Possibly, but if Vasy comes out G1 and lets in a couple softies and looks bad again, and the team loses 4-2 or 5-2 or something, maybe Elliott gets a chance game 2. At least Vasy should be quickly yanked.if he does start G2 and looks terrible again.

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
this sucks,, just became a dad again and I cant stream this shit at the hospital as all stream links are broken..

but I see we lost....

should I bother ?? if the stream comes back /

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Possibly, but if Vasy comes out G1 and lets in a couple softies and looks bad again, and the team loses 4-2 or 5-2 or something, maybe Elliott gets a chance game 2. At least Vasy should be quickly yanked.if he does start G2 and looks terrible again.
You're right. But I'm still focused on the entire run. Every single team who went deep into the post season and, possibly, won a Cup, had "a strong allied" in their goalie. Khabibulin, Ward, Osgood, Vasy, Crawford, Quick....It's impossible to do something good in the playoffs with a mediocre goalie.
So, you solution can be fine, no doubt about it, but the final result won't be good.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
My guess is that they know these games don't matter.
I know people want them to go into the playoffs "hot" but I don't think going 110% vs det with a handful of games to go is the recipe for success. I trust that they know what they're doing.
Cooper gave this to Vasy as a layup...Detroit has been beaten like 12-1 or something recently.

We are in major doo doo...trust has nothing to do with SUCK.

I trust they suck right now.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
People will call you crazy for this hot take but I agree. It is Vasy. The most important player on our team. One of the biggest reasons for our cups and success....but if he's playing like this games 1 and 2 you gotta throw in Elliot who has been playing amazing this year and recently. You dont throw away the series cause it's Vasy.

He could sort it out or it could be too late and bye bye playoffs/3 peat. Vasy is in a slump so why continue to play him when it matters most?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad