GDT: 4/19/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Detroit vs Tampa Bay

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
I'm not worried too much about each game right now. I AM worried about us becoming the 2nd Wildcard team and therefore drawing the Panthers.

Not just because they are very good. I fear it because -- although they remind many people of us in 2019 and may well have their over-confidence bubble burst, it won't happen if they play us first round. They will do everything they can not to be complacent against the defending champs and further seek to avenge last year's ouster.

I'd love Florida to play Pittsburgh, Washington, or even the Bruins and hope they are Columbus-ed.

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I wouldn't be suprised if it's Game 1 vs Columbis all over again rd 1 game 1. Go up by a couple, everyone's says we've flipped the switch then NAWW we blow the lead and suck again
Hey I'm fully behind the hope for the best and expect the worst at this point. At least they got two cups... If they do go down hope it's with a fight and an effort we are proud of. Is that too much?

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Let's be honest. It has been a trend for too long for Tampa to be pisspoor and play bad hockey.
Am I worried? Yes, we've been way too consistent at being bad.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
We're still three points ahead of the Penguins with a game in hand as well. Still liking our odds of avoiding falling all the way to the second wild card.

The real concern is that Vasi continues to play too much and looks like crap in the process. Why in the world was it necessary to play him last night? He's on pace to play 63 games this season - he's 5th in the league in GP this season - in a season coming off two deep playoff runs, the second of which had an abbreviated off-season on top of that, in a season where the Lightning making the playoffs has been a foregone conclusion since no later than mid-December, and in a season where the backup goaltender has been perfectly competent the whole time which is far more than we could've said last year. There was never any reason whatsoever why Vasi needed to play this much this season.

Cooper has botched his handling of Vasi, and all we can hope now is that Vasi will figure it out before it's too late. Otherwise, whether we play the Leafs, the Hurricanes/Rangers, or Panthers, it's not going to matter.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Usually Vasy is bailing out alot of bad defense ans terrible turnovers but he's looking beyond mediocre right now

Defense ans goaltending win championships, right now we're getting neither

Reactions: Ir0nb0lt2021

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad